Concealment Op PVP guide from POTF Ops.

AngelofCain

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to get my hopes up that you will be able to do that when this code goes live. That's far too cool to be working as intended.

also thanks to my new friend aubrienne, e-net while hurtful, isn't game changing.

also!!!! while on the note... roll to cover works while e-netted. but scamper does not.

notes on what I learned today dueling in outlaws den:

so spent coupla hours facing off against different classes.

E-net, easily managed but makes the fight better.

Ways to manage E-net: Probe will absorb all the dmg, roll into cover will work, (the actual cover ability), and cc break removes the slow. Evasion and toxin scan will not remove, but with probe you can eat that dmg easy. Ghost remains viable as a gap closer when e-netted.

Snipers: nothing changes.

everything remains the same basically.

the real threat you should watch out for is AP P/t's. they get reduced dmg when stunned and can fire those rockets that hit for 2k dmg a pop.

sin's it's still whoever get's the drop on who first.

sorcs: have that bubble, but it's caster only.

so in light of the changes to pvp exploits and some of the roll changes, if they get the roll fixed before this weekend, I will be doing warzones.

if you have questions I will be online on one of the servers.... their are two on my screen and I never pay attention to which server I am on anyways.

Think it starts with a B.

Please note: this will not be me seriously attempting to pvp just get a better idea of the skills in pvp combat.

Also on the note: I may not post my findings until 2.0 goes live simply because so much can change between now and then.

by grinding like a mad man? not sure what you mean.

Your gear at ask mr. says at the end of the description [exceptional]

for example the EWH targeter 's MK-1 Device earpiece have : 76 enduranse, 76 cunning, 88expertice, 70 power and 53 surge and the same piece at ask mr. with [Exceptional] have more stats indeed.

a video for all you ops out there to enjoy. If you are potf thank Kilmo for the wonderful editing.

it shows some out of stealth fighting, and against multipe opponent 2v1, and so on.

Edited by AngelofCain

a video for all you ops out there to enjoy. If you are potf thank Kilmo for the wonderful editing.

it shows some out of stealth fighting, and against multipe opponent 2v1, and so on.

Nice job. I'm also on POTF and just got my op to 50 a couple days ago. The gear grind is about to break me off.

Dumb question: how do you keep acid blade from triggering explosive probe? I use your opening rotation and I can never get BS in conjunction with EP. AB triggers it every time.

Nice job. I'm also on POTF and just got my op to 50 a couple days ago. The gear grind is about to break me off.

Dumb question: how do you keep acid blade from triggering explosive probe? I use your opening rotation and I can never get BS in conjunction with EP. AB triggers it every time.

thats good then. AB should trigger probe if you are starting from stealth. Gives it 30% armor pen when it goes off. BS and EP go together if out of stealth.

if AB is setting of EP that means you are fast enough in your stun cover probe drop that it seems very simultaneous.

Edited by AngelofCain

thats good then. AB should trigger probe if you are starting from stealth. Gives it 30% armor pen when it goes off. BS and EP go together if out of stealth.

if AB is setting of EP that means you are fast enough in your stun cover probe drop that it seems very simultaneous.

ok cool. Let me know if you ever wanna roll duel ops in wz's. I'm having a blast. Making this my main. Name is Cryt. I'll be gear grinding like a mad man.

ok cool. Let me know if you ever wanna roll duel ops in wz's. I'm having a blast. Making this my main. Name is Cryt. I'll be gear grinding like a mad man.

thanks for the offer. I like to solo queue simply for the challenge. How can one stilleto alter the fight. that's how I view the battlefield. Everyone is is the guns, and light swords. I am the stilleto placed upon a enemies kidney waiting to twist in.

• 3 weeks later...
I just started playing SWTOR again and decided to level an OP. Thanks, Hallow, for taking the time to write up and edit a really awesome guide. Lots of very useful strategy here. Also, a quick thanks to everyone else in this thread who has offered up helpful advice and opinions. Much appreciated!

I just started playing SWTOR again and decided to level an OP. Thanks, Hallow, for taking the time to write up and edit a really awesome guide. Lots of very useful strategy here. Also, a quick thanks to everyone else in this thread who has offered up helpful advice and opinions. Much appreciated!

I have decided to level a dps operative as well, it is so much fun. Sometimes they think I am an easy kill, and a few focus on me. They do not notice my backup arriving and killing them. It is not always a case of getting kills, but being annoying, distracting and harassing them.

I am only level 23 and have had 40+ kills and over 190k damage in one pvp match. Cannot wait to get more abilities and more points in Concealment. I also enjoy when you manage to get a steady flow of getting TA and stabbing everything in pve.

Edited by Mannam

I have decided to level a dps operative as well, it is so much fun. Sometimes they think I am an easy kill, and a few focus on me. They do not notice my backup arriving and killing them. It is not always a case of getting kills, but being annoying, distracting and harassing them.

I am only level 23 and have had 40+ kills and over 190k damage in one pvp match. Cannot wait to get more abilities and more points in Concealment. I also enjoy when you manage to get a steady flow of getting TA and stabbing everything in pve.

yeah. Then when you really master the class, I love going 40 kills and 0 deaths. But that's usually when I face a bunch of bads who don't know who I am. But on average I can do 23 kills and no deaths if I am against a average team.