Ranked warzone pick up games

donthedondon

Thanks to everyone who participated on 12/30/12 was a very successfull turn out we had 4 teams going at one point. We're gonna try to make this a regular thing everyday at 8 pm eastern just /cjoin pubpvp . Everyone is welcome to participate , you can message me in game ( combatmedicjr / rippernine ) for details or ask in channel for info. Let's keep this a positive thing , no crap talking and hopefully other teams participating will understand we're introducing new players to ranked and will not "pug stomp" so let's keep it clean. Thanks again

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for playing guys , spaghetti and meatbags were definitely in the spirit of what we're trying to do here , hope to see you guys around

Definitely working out the kinks you can say...but hope to get a solid team together soon.

It's good to see some community initiative going on.

had a lot of fun tonight. looked like a few other guilds put together teams on their own as well (good and bad for us) but I haven't seen so many teams in Q since the first couple weeks of rated. thanks all. and yuri/bad rep for the voice. 8)

edit: big thanks to neb and cm for organizing this too. :)

Edited by foxmob

I was about to post my planned thread about organizing ranked warzones, but if things are already going well, I think we can keep things like they are. I don't want this initiative to lose it's momentum with having too much planning to do. Devil told me he was pugging ranked with Moonrunner, but their team was full so I couldn't play and ended up doing reg wz with folks from Keller's Void.

I want to ask though, what are the "official" channels that you guys have created? Ideally there should only be one per faction and after some time, people will get used to it and will just have to ask in that channel if they want to form a group or want to know if other teams are queing etc. From what I read CM created pubpvp so that would be it for pub side. I guess we just need imppvp now or anything else that Rynis would've made?

Depending on what I hear when I'll be playing with the pug group, I might still salvage part of my post for the organized ranked wz thread and make somekind of guide for the new players.

Devil told me he was pugging ranked with Moonrunner, but their team was full so I couldn't play and ended up doing reg wz with folks from Keller's Void.

By pugging he means filling in the spots that Unicorn couldn't man, so they would have an ideal team to face off against general chat pugs.

It was a **** move on their part not to bring in some sandbags of their own to level the playing field, but I guess winning meant that much to them.

Hey just as an FYI to all, the group that we have been putting together every night has been playing for the last 2 weeks or so. We only fill spots with other guildies when some people are not available. One night we pugged Cuattro from QQ but for the most part its a Republic Strikes Back/Red Five group. We went 5-1 or 6-1 last night.

By pugging he means filling in the spots that Unicorn couldn't man, so they would have an ideal team to face off against general chat pugs.

It was a **** move on their part not to bring in some sandbags of their own to level the playing field, but I guess winning meant that much to them.

I'm going to echo this 100%. There has been a lot of effort and discussions made by many across many guilds on the subject of how to improve ranked PVP. The top PVP guilds have been asking for this sort of thing and we finally have it moving forward... so what happens.... we form a number of PUG ranked groups. There were tons of guilds representing... a number of familiar faces... and a number of new faces... a number of solid alts. Heck... each team ultimately dropped one of their best players and picked up a lesser known PUG to help balance teams, get more involved, give more experience to people, and make a 4th team.

The night started out great. It was a ton of fun. Even one of my guildees remarked that he would have a hard time disliking someone now because of the fun he had running with them. After a round or two, teams were rebalanced, people traded, etc... in efforts to make teams more competitive with one another. Some teams won more than they lost and others lost more than they won. It's going to happen, but it was a huge success...UNTIL...

Devil stated he was getting a PUG together to join the fun. It turned out to be a premade of 4 Uncensored and 4 Unicorn Stampede and it was quite an optimal group. None of the teams won and some dropped from q'ing because of frustration. I know my team went late and after getting this pre-made 2 times in a row, people were frustrated and we called it a night.

This goes back to my post in the other thread about why people don't want to q. It's stuff like this that discourages people from doing it. No matter what they say (and I've heard they said stuff) Imp Unc and US knew exactly what they were doing because they were told what we were doing by people that were playing in my group. So no excuses on this. I have always been a big supporter of Uncensored... but I think I'd like to put an * and say that "most" Uncensored are solid, respectful, and decent players who are simply out there to play strong, play optimally, and have good competition. Then there are a handful of their imp guildies that really gave them a bad name last night and frankly gave them a bad reputation on top of what they already had. I'm not saying all imps Uncensored... I still hold people like Ilke, Jal, Taco, Blunti, and Taco in high regard. It was not them last night unless they were on an alt that I didn't know was theirs. Maybe I'm picking more on Uncensored more than Unicorn... and I apologize because US is just as guilty.... I just hold Uncensored to a higher level of expectation than I do other guilds.

I want to thank all the people who came out, organized, participated, made suggestions, etc to make this happen. Was it perfect? No... but it was fun... it was a great step in the right direction... it built new friendships with people... it dispelled perceptions about some people for the better... it laid the foundation for more of this in the future... and maybe it showed a DPS commando can compete with the best of them :p I'm hoping that this will evolve and continue to build as I think this could be fun and an amazing model that other servers might want to follow.

Thanks again guys... had a great time.

Honestly, people didn't expect this to happen?:rolleyes:

Glad to see people posting they had fun , let's keep this a positive thing. We can't police who q's for ranked and when lol so hopefully no one was discouraged by the losses to uncensored / unicorns and will participate again. I won't be on tonight and not sure about tomorrow as i will be out of town so if someone wants to get this going tomorrow they're welcome to do so.

The main idea here is to introduce players to ranked and the environment hopefully other teams will understand this and be respectful , we can't ask a certain guild / group not to q up when we were doing this event but hopefully impside will follow suit so there are more ranked pugs to play and introduce our new faces to some evenly matched competitive games. Happy new years everyone.

Right lets clarify this. I "Xilriso" from Unicorn Stampede formed the ImpPvP channel which is then copied by Combatmedic and xfered to a Pub Version. So i find this out and later that night Neb comes into our mumble and asks if we can get a group together to queue up. I pug in our ImpPvP channel and pick up Devil and Moonrunner, now lets put this bluntly. 2 of the people we had in our group have hit 50 within the last 2 weeks on their toons so I really don't see what all the fuss is about. We admittedly had more people from the same guild in a group but for anyone who suggests we rolled this and stomped people is utterly delusional. We won like 6 or 7 and lost 2. And those wins were close for many of those games with a 3-3 huttball for example. For people who suggest we "stack" teams . grow up and learn how to take a loss for a change. Unfortunately we do not have anywhere near the base of PvPrs to pug from that you reps do so next time don't bother asking us to form a group then continually coming into our mumble and ask us to bring undergeared scrubs into our team so you can then go back to stomping us.

Seriously guys, learn to take a loss now and then without crying about it. I respect many of you as players but you don't see me making forum posts every time I get beat in ranked or otherwise.

Xilriso/Xzil/Argofal

never saw the <uncensored/unicorns> team, but my team did run into the imp and pub versions of <lucky7> and the <repstrikesback/red5> team. we dominated the <lucky7s> and got dominated by the other. dunno what's up with the matchmaking. I'm convinced if there isn't a similar team available at that moment, they just put you up against whomever is available. anyway, we didn't have a guardian or even trooper tank or a combat sent, so we were pretty fuct against the properly composed team. still, it was a fun night, and how could the lucky7s have felt to run into a pug full of ppl prolly as good as their best couple? iunno.

definitely worth trying again. would like to see the rep strikes back/red5 and the lucky7 guys jump into the lottery with us next time. :cool:

edit: what is the imp channel called so I can put my imps in it? :D

Edited by foxmob

To CM and neb i love this idea and i support it but a lot of unicorn stampede guys haven't done ranked sure we do ok in pugs but im trying to put our name out their in ranked and trust me when i say we have A LOT of work to do if you guys want to roflstomp us ill let you know when we are queing but we have just as much work to do as any other guild that isn't ld-50 or uncensored.

Hey just as an FYI to all, the group that we have been putting together every night has been playing for the last 2 weeks or so. We only fill spots with other guildies when some people are not available. One night we pugged Cuattro from QQ but for the most part its a Republic Strikes Back/Red Five group. We went 5-1 or 6-1 last night.

FYI you had a pub group that did the same thing

Unless your going to train everyone into being a pro-player, or let PUGS win games so they don't take the losses, I do not see how this will work. Seems to me this "queue" issue is more of a game issue than a server issue. Even if this works for a little, it is only a matter of time before certain teams start to stand out and stomping others, the queues will die again and the cycle continues. Nothing personal, just my .02. If it works, more power to you, no matter the person or guild, I am all for supporting PvP in this game. Good luck Edited by NickEwok

I honestly don't see what the big problem is, there are good players out there and they tend to band together. The idea here is to further increase the amount of teams playing ranked. Lets say we end up getting 8 pug teams queing and there are 2 Pre mades Queing. That should mean the PuGs have a 1/5 chance of getting ROFLSTOMPED. This really isnt so bad... Playing these matches build teamwork and really bands the community together. We are trying to have fun here and if there is such an intence amount of negativity of the handful of guys who feeling wrecking some kids... well the we have all failed!

Dont let Shinarika win! DONT LET IT HAPPEN!!!!

but they failed to realize the purpose of this which is to get ranked popping and teach ppl how to play coordinated pvp.

Kind of rich coming from the guy that quit our guild and Imp side almost entirely because he wasn't winning. And who also used to leave our ranked warzone games back on CO when we had the whole imp side queuing and were teaching them how to be more co-ordinated in pvp because he got focused a little bit and couldn't handle the rage.

Practice what you preach.

Edited by Ekoado

Dont let Shinarika win! DONT LET IT HAPPEN!!!!

I'm still wondering at what point did I ever come against this idea in any sort. I simply stated in the last thread that if you really wanted to make a difference in the game, then focus it on productive long lasting measures. You know, like feedback?

Basically we tried to liven things up and have fun, none of our teams had many ld guys in them, I think mine did with my tank alt and acoons sent alt. We told Unsensorered/unicorns we made 3-4 different groups and split our guys. When I suggested we drop the randoms and make an LD group to play they didn't say a word.

We will try to do this again, if we do run into teams built to combat our regular ranked teams, then we'll just queue with that and, will be a lot less fun for you, and the teams we've built.