So, after spending some time in the new FP and operation. Why at this point in any MMO are there long runbacks? You should be able to zone in and port right back to the boss you wiped on as long as you cleared the trash up to it and didn't skip things. Just curious what others think.

Stop being so lazy is what I think. Enjoy the environment. Use the time to think about what went wrong. This isn't team deathmatch.

Stop being so lazy? You enjoy the environment as you clear the trash. Having to run through it and see it 50 other times over the lifetime of the instance does not make runbacks okay.

I like that there's an incentive to clear Fireband and Stormcaller. Besides the loot and beating the fight, I mean. Plus, when I'm the first one back, I like having that little space of time to bio or grab a drink :D.

At least add a speeder to get to firebrand and stormcaller.

This, that run back is so long it would be comical if it weren't so damn painful. The speeder in EV worked well, I wonder why they chose not to include something like that? (or at least let us use our own speeders in the cave between Z&T and the Tanks

This, that run back is so long it would be comical if it weren't so damn painful. The speeder in EV worked well, I wonder why they chose not to include something like that? (or at least let us use our own speeders in the cave between Z&T and the Tanks

And it is so nice of them to throw in a little tunnel that you can't use your mount in :rolleyes:

I'd be fine with taking the scenic speeder route once per route per lock cycle. After that saying "enjoy the environment" is a laughable excuse for not having instant travel similar to KP. I'll be enjoying the environment in EC for weeks and months to come, possibly three or more times a week counting alt runs and different difficulties. It's not like anyone is asking to stand in a manila walled room and have all the bosses spawn in front of them with no trash.... just make the downtime between pulls a lot shorter, that's all.

The run back if you wiped on Kephess is the worst :(

Where does it put you?

On Saturday we tried Kephess once at the end of a long Operations run, but we're going back in tonight for a second try. We'll we have a lot of trash to re-clear so we can get to him?

Where does it put you?

On Saturday we tried Kephess once at the end of a long Operations run, but we're going back in tonight for a second try. We'll we have a lot of trash to re-clear so we can get to him?

It puts you at the place you fight Colonel Vorgath. It just so happens that between Vorgath and Kephess there's a lot of trash. The run is probably similar to wiping on Vorgath and being put at tanks... but who wipes on Vorgath? :p

Yes, let's remove the exploration element!

Then, can you just have us log in and automatically clear all the content?

Don't forget removing loading screens, nothings more annoying then loading screens!

Edited by Codek

It's 1-2 minutes at worst to run back. Shall we eliminate all the trash mobs and put the bosses all right next to each other as well? How about a feature to automatically loot all the chests in EC so you don't have to go get them.

Don't forget removing loading screens, nothings more annoying then loading screens!

Straw man fallacy. Because misrepresenting an argument is the best way to counter it, right?

Nobody is asking for anything more than what the developers have already shown they're willing to do in KP, which is make the speeder rides to the various checkpoints instant. That's it. By all means keep exaggerating what's being suggested, though, it makes for such a compelling argument.

Nobody is asking for anything more than what the developers have already shown they're willing to do in KP, which is make the speeder rides to the various checkpoints instant. That's it. By all means keep exaggerating what's being suggested, though, it makes for such a compelling argument.

Well, you're dead wrong there. We're commenting on the fact that someone wanted the Black Hole Commendation chests to be automatically looted.

I quoted the guy who said that, and the you are attack quote me. By the Transitive Property of Quoting we're good. You're just not reading right.

Well, you're dead wrong there. We're commenting on the fact that someone wanted the Black Hole Commendation chests to be automatically looted.

I quoted the guy who said that, and the you are attack quote me. By the Transitive Property of Quoting we're good. You're just not reading right.

Nope, you are still falling into a logical fallacy. The originally quoted post started it, so you were building off of a logic fallacy to begin with.

I think the confusion is that this post (which seems to be the only one mentioning chest auto-loot)...

It's 1-2 minutes at worst to run back. Shall we eliminate all the trash mobs and put the bosses all right next to each other as well? How about a feature to automatically loot all the chests in EC so you don't have to go get them.

...seems fairly sarcastic to me. I took it to mean "wanting speeders is ridiculous, next thing you know chests will be auto-looted". Similar arguments I've heard include giving everyone full campaign gear on login since raiding takes time. You appear to have taken it literally in your response? (which I didn't quote, for the record :p)

Anyways no point in arguing semantics, I'll leave it at: I agree with the OP that the speeders should be like in KP, and am asking for no further convenience than a reversion to previously provided convenience that nobody complained about. :)

I think the confusion is that this post (which seems to be the only one mentioning chest auto-loot)...

...seems fairly sarcastic to me. I took it to mean "wanting speeders is ridiculous, next thing you know chests will be auto-looted". Similar arguments I've heard include giving everyone full campaign gear on login since raiding takes time. You appear to have taken it literally in your response? (which I didn't quote, for the record :p)

Anyways no point in arguing semantics, I'll leave it at: I agree with the OP that the speeders should be like in KP, and am asking for no further convenience than a reversion to previously provided convenience that nobody complained about. :)

You do realize that the only reason KP had instant travel was because the developers built the level without any consideration of a speeder run though it. So the quick fix was to just zap you there instead of trying to create a travel path through all the corridors and elevator shafts. It was poor design that just happened to make raiding life more convenient as an apology.

I personally would not hold BW to the standards of such lazy shortcut as a means of future implementation of transportation within raids. The concept of players just bouncing from one place to another makes no logical sense and truly just looks broken. Hell, even the rakata transporters on Belsavis seemed pretty cheesy in general.