Timer-based automatic stealth-breaker in arenas

varietasplus

I would like to ask the developers to implement timer-based automatic stealth-breaker and higher cooldown on going into stealth again in arenas. The reason behind this suggestion is the pool of childish players who goes into stealth once they realize their team is going to lose and waste the others' time (2-3 minutes) until the self-destruct. Edited by varietasplus
grammar

I would like to ask the developers to implement timer-based automatic stealth-breaker and higher cooldown on going into stealth again in arenas. The reason behind this suggestion is the pool of childish players who goes into stealth once they realize their team is going to lose and waste the others' time (2-3 minutes) until the self-destruct.

So you want to nerf Concealment Operatives again?:D

I would like to ask the developers to implement timer-based automatic stealth-breaker and higher cooldown on going into stealth again in arenas. The reason behind this suggestion is the pool of childish players who goes into stealth once they realize their team is going to lose and waste the others' time (2-3 minutes) until the self-destruct.

Yes, because of few punish all! Its like saying that some people on forums whine about normal things, so Bioware should close forums because there might be a stupid idea presented here. :rak_03:

Yes, because of few punish all! Its like saying that some people on forums whine about normal things, so Bioware should close forums because there might be a stupid idea presented here. :rak_03:

Before you post your conclusion on a matter, it would be really nice to share the reasoning on it, because so far you have given no explanation why you would want to spend 2-3 minutes in stealth non-stop in an arena.

Before you post your conclusion on a matter, it would be really nice to share the reasoning on it, because so far you have given no explanation why you would want to spend 2-3 minutes in stealth non-stop in an arena.

My reasoning is that some people abuse it, yes, those people are an issue. But its 2-3 minutes, its not gonna kill you. In Guild Wars 1 there were people runing away from enemies to troll them, sometimes long time. So what? You know that they are stupid, that they are not worthy oponents. Same here. But as I said, by making some stealth breaker would just punish the rest.

For ex. I've seen shadow to wait those 2 minutes in 4v4 and than he killed one of the enemies who were left so we won the round. Was fun to watch. :)

That is what you mean isn't it? 4v4 arenas where people wait till its first kill wins?

Actually you have just admitted you expoited the system.

Its not exploiting, Ive done it on my Operative sat in stealth in the middle of the map while the other team ran around looking for me and when the acid hit they all took acid dmg far before me so I won. is it really an exploit that people are dumb enough not to stand in the middle when the acid starts

My reasoning is that some people abuse it, yes, those people are an issue. But its 2-3 minutes, its not gonna kill you.

I bet you are young, 16-22 years old. Life is too short to waste 2-3 minutes idle in a game.

For ex. I've seen shadow to wait those 2 minutes in 4v4 and than he killed one of the enemies who were left so we won the round. Was fun to watch. :)

I doubt the purpose of an arena was to let a team win with first skill after having spent 3 minutes doing nothing. Also, I doubt it is right that a single stealther healer should win against 2 or 3 enemies at full health just because that player hid away for minutes and survived sudden death 1 sec longer.

Anyway, thank you for your responds, now that I realized I should expect stealthers to do this more and more often, I will no longer play arenas.

Actually you have just admitted you expoited the system.

its not exploiting a system, its a l2p issue. Between, gernades, aoes, detection stealth abilities, etc - Stop expecting bioware to play your arena's for you. You cry for a stealth breaker in arena's so let me explain what would happen if this was implimented...

-No stealth classes besides maybe operatives would que which would lead to...-

-not as good of heals from sages who can get bursted down easy after they bubble

-no shadow tanks so all the tanks would be hybrid dps vanguards who are pretty strong right now

-no shadow dps so everyone will most likely jump ship to smash or combat sentinels

-concealment operatives would get another nerf making that class unplayable

-then you start crying because your sage healer cant keep you,himself, or the group up between vanguard hybrids and 10k smashes from sentinels burning the entire group down

Edited by Rilok_Singz

My favorite is when people do it in lowbie arenas.

It's a crappy tactic for regs which is where it happens the most I would wager. You're not losing any rating your just holding everyone up. I don't really play stealth that much but last I knew of there were ways to avoid the acid so yeah it is an exploit in some cases. Until BW can fix the acid so that it reliably hits everyone no matter where they are stealthing for the whole match shouldn't really be allowed.

I bet you are young, 16-22 years old. Life is too short to waste 2-3 minutes idle in a game.

I doubt the purpose of an arena was to let a team win with first skill after having spent 3 minutes doing nothing. Also, I doubt it is right that a single stealther healer should win against 2 or 3 enemies at full health just because that player hid away for minutes and survived sudden death 1 sec longer.

Anyway, thank you for your responds, now that I realized I should expect stealthers to do this more and more often, I will no longer play arenas.

Don't give up on arena's man, just because a couple of idiots waste others time. It doesn't happen every game, and in the games I've played when it does happen the stealther always loses, cause I tell all our team to stay in the middle and watch our backs. Its pretty hard for a stealther to kill a single person when you got a everyone targeting him.

It's a crappy tactic for regs which is where it happens the most I would wager. You're not losing any rating your just holding everyone up. I don't really play stealth that much but last I knew of there were ways to avoid the acid so yeah it is an exploit in some cases. Until BW can fix the acid so that it reliably hits everyone no matter where they are stealthing for the whole match shouldn't really be allowed.

It shouldn't be allowed at all. Stalling until gas is a pretty retarded way to decide the outcome of a match and a lot of bad players use (or try to use) it as a crutch.

Like others have mentioned they should take cues from WoW and add stealth detection buffs to the maps.

Please show me a screen shot of this happening... because I've never once seen anyone stealth out during a match and win.

Its possible. Not easy but possible. Stealther just has to be smart about it. Won't tell you how I do it, but if you know how the mechanics of acid works - a stealther can actually win that match. I think just a tiny bit easier for a shadow to do than an operative because of phase walk but regardless its do-able

Edited by Rilok_Singz

its not exploiting a system, its a l2p issue. Between, gernades, aoes, detection stealth abilities, etc - Stop expecting bioware to play your arena's for you. You cry for a stealth breaker in arena's so let me explain what would happen if this was implimented...

Before you make another post in this thread, group up with your friends and try to find a stealther in the Corellia arena with your grenades, aoes and stealth detection abilities, then come back and tell me it is a l2p issue. If you had paid attention my suggestion was not against stealth in general, I do understand it is essential for certain classes, but simply not to let them troll the members of the winning team. It does not effect the viablity of any class in an arena. On the other hand, wasting others' time intentionally as a pathetic revenge is a total disrespect for the whole game community.

While I agree it is pretty douchy doing it in regs, there is NO WAY to avoid the acid.

What you are talking about only works on stupid people where a shadow gets very close to the enemy team, pops resilience and AoE knocksbacks them and uses phase walk to get away. He is NOT avoiding the acid. He is getting one hit on every member of the enemy and then avoiding being hit himself. Since he has a higher hp % he wins. This is so easy to stop, that if you cannot you deserve to lose.

Before you make another post in this thread, group up with your friends and try to find a stealther in the Corellia arena with your grenades, aoes and stealth detection abilities, then come back and tell me it is a l2p issue. If you had paid attention my suggestion was not against stealth in general, I do understand it is essential for certain classes, but simply not to let them troll the members of the winning team. It does not effect the viablity of any class in an arena. On the other hand, wasting others' time intentionally as a pathetic revenge is a total disrespect for the whole game community.

I did this on many occasions. We always find him. The problem is teams are stupid and they always group together to look for him. Gee what should he do? Maybe go closer to the team looking for him? Come on this is not rocket surgery. Split up in different ends of the map, get ready to call out, use AoE.

And if all else fails just camp next to the eye of the acid and when it gets close enough start spamming AoE.

Losing to a stealth shadow can happen if he is very careful and your team screws up, but losing to a stealth op healer proves your team is completely incompetent and deserves to lose.

And you can't heal through acid btw. The winner will be the one who has the highest percentage of hp - anything deducted by enemy. None of the acid damage is healable.

The tie breaker system just needs a tweek say acid does less damage and applys a dot on the entire field at the same time dot does 1st 10 seconds dot does 100dps 20 to 30 500dps if there are o heals the match will end soon enough and if thare are no attacks for say 45 seconds it triggers the tie breaker. The current tie breaker is broken

or the tie breaker is random one could be bezerk attack droids with ranged dps random aoe from the sky how ever it done break stealth to start the fight and add dps slowly help the match along not create cheese mechanics.

I did this on many occasions. We always find him. The problem is teams are stupid and they always group together to look for him. Gee what should he do? Maybe go closer to the team looking for him? Come on this is not rocket surgery. Split up in different ends of the map, get ready to call out, use AoE.

Again, in smaller arenas it is not that difficult to find the stealther, but in Corellia, it is. Also, I doubt arenas were designed to play hide and seek or to decide the victor by sudden death.

Anyway, I am glad this thread was created for there were helpful posts in it giving advice on how to try to handle the issue. Thank you.

Again, in smaller arenas it is not that difficult to find the stealther, but in Corellia, it is. Also, I doubt arenas were designed to play hide and seek or to decide the victor by sudden death.

Anyway, I am glad this thread was created for there were helpful posts in it giving advice on how to try to handle the issue. Thank you.

I found him in corellia, tatooine and that place with the catwalk (nar shadaa?). Corellia is by far the easiest, the cat walk being the hardest (but in return it is also the hardest place for the stealther to win).

If he is damaged and escapes and you can't find him in corellia, your team is incompetent. He needs to come out of stealth for at least 4 seconds in order to heal up. If you keep one person on each end they will definitely see him.

Even if you can't all you need to do is stand on top of that box and start spamming AoE when the acid starts sinking in. Your loss was your own fault.

If he is damaged and escapes and you can't find him in corellia, your team is incompetent. He needs to come out of stealth for at least 4 seconds in order to heal up. If you keep one person on each end they will definitely see him.

Even if you can't all you need to do is stand on top of that box and start spamming AoE when the acid starts sinking in. Your loss was your own fault.

You are missing the point - the real issue is not whether we find the stealther or not. The point is we do not WANT to find him. I do not believe playing hide and seek until sudden death was part of arena design.

You are missing the point - the real issue is not whether we find the stealther or not. The point is we do not WANT to find him. I do not believe playing hide and seek until sudden death was part of arena design.

So what are you saying? that this was an unintended consequence? Anyone with half a brain could see this coming. When I first read about the timer and sudden death, it was like the second thing to pop into my head. There was no way bioware did not know this would happen.

And if you don't WANT to find him, then don't. Go to the bathroom, have a coffee. It's only like 2 minutes of your life (and if they were THAT important to you, you wouldn't waste them playing a game).

When the acid starts, go to the eye of the acid and start spamming AoE. Congrats, you won. If you are too incompetent/lazy to do this, then you deserve to lose.