Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The new cooldown display for abilities

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The new cooldown display for abilities

Nemmar
11.16.2019 , 09:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
Can you please change the new cooldown display for charged abilities. It is really bad. Most of us who play quickly glance down at our quickbar, think the ability if off cooldown and press it only to find out we are wrong.
Is this about the clock animation? Cause honestly i prefer that to having lots of numbers on the UI.

I am perfectly happy with it, besides the fact that it seems to be erratic. Shows up sometimes and not others.

nyrkverse
11.17.2019 , 01:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Is this about the clock animation? Cause honestly i prefer that to having lots of numbers on the UI.

I am perfectly happy with it, besides the fact that it seems to be erratic. Shows up sometimes and not others.
the clock animation is not the problem per se. the problem is that when you have "show cooldown text" selected in the UI (default setting is disabled), it doesn't show the cooldown text on top of it like it used to do with the old effect.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»

Tsillah
11.17.2019 , 04:01 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
That’s also my assessment. Theyve made a change to the GUI animation (charged abilities) and also have some tactical's that would be affecting those too.

This always seems to happen when they change things for the sake of change. This clock wasn’t needed and it’s my guess that’s what causing the grayed out abilities and activation lag.
As far as I'm concerned they can take the whole "charges" thing out with abilities. Force charge is such an annoyance atm (even when it was showing properly before last patch) that it's turned me off playing my juggernauts/guardian. I have to wait on force charge now when I didn't have to before which means my flow is definitely broken and this patch didn't create that problem but made it worse rather.

I think there are other ways they could deal with charges like they did with the operative/scoundrel roll and reducing cooldowns or having a skill that doubles the effect in some way etc. So far I think this whole charges thing has not been a benefit to the gameplay, even without this GUI bug issue.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Void_Singer
11.17.2019 , 08:29 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
Assuming I understand your issue...the good news is...BW has acknowledged this point.
No that's a different issue, where the UI has a delay in updating (which is preventing activations)

THIS issue is about the new Charge timer overlay overriding the cooldown text (and not looking like it's on cooldown)... even when the ability doesn't have multiple charges.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Neulwen
11.17.2019 , 11:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

It should be an option in settings at least for those of us who prefer the old blue sliding cooldown.

Quote: Originally Posted by nyrkverse View Post
the clock animation is not the problem per se. the problem is that when you have "show cooldown text" selected in the UI (default setting is disabled), it doesn't show the cooldown text on top of it like it used to do with the old effect.
For me personally it's both the lack of timers and the look of the animation. If the button were coloured like the default cooldown animation and just had a clock instead of a slider I'd be much more ok with it. As it is it's hard to see it in the heat of battle.

DawnAskham
11.17.2019 , 11:24 AM | #26
A lot of the UI changes seem to be poorly designed, developed, and implemented.

Glower
11.17.2019 , 01:45 PM | #27
It is better to add new health numbers in the raid frame, than re-design these stupid "clocky" timers.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

TrixxieTriss
11.17.2019 , 08:41 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
It is better to add new health numbers in the raid frame, than re-design these stupid "clocky" timers.
They didn’t need the clock timers. The old system was fine. Ie, when you had operative double roll, it just came back up when it was ready.

The clock doesn’t even tell you charges, it just shows you it’s charging.
It wasn’t needed and it’s what’s probably broken the task bar animations at the moment.

All they need to do is remove the clock and go back to the old system. Especially for classes who don’t even have charges. Juggs have none, but it’s on force leap, which is just dumb or lazy implimentation

TrixxieTriss
11.17.2019 , 08:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
A lot of the UI changes seem to be poorly designed, developed, and implemented.
Like an intern did it

SerraShar
11.17.2019 , 09:33 PM | #30
anyone else getting their abilities flickers...? like they are about to dissapear during combat ?
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!