Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What would you like to see in the next expansion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What would you like to see in the next expansion?

Volcinar's Avatar


Volcinar
11.17.2019 , 06:38 AM | #91
i'd like to see unranked pvp warzones be equal reward wise to veteran flashpoints. it does suck feeling like its worthless to pvp right now, because i really like the pvp in this game.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.17.2019 , 08:03 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
Anything Revan that has set a gender has butchered the story for a great many people. My Revan was NOT male. Should have left well enough alone.

I don't care how well it was written. My Revan did not romance Bastillia and was not male. She romanced Carth and was female.
I understand this point of view of course. My Revans were both female and male depending on my playthrough, so perhaps that is why I wasn't so bothered by Revan getting a fixed gender, because I didn't fix a gender onto Revan either. But from a story perspective I understand why they had done it and even support the choice.

The importance of headcanons has to be kept in mind of course, but I am of the strong opinion that people's individual headcanons shouldn't rule the story the devs want to tell. Because as immersed and involved as we are in the stories, in the end they're the storytellers and we the audience.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

RameiArashi's Avatar


RameiArashi
11.17.2019 , 09:15 AM | #93
Hey I want the darkside jedi knight I just made to lead the Jedi Coucnil so they wont be a bunch of wimps.

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
11.17.2019 , 09:19 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
I understand this point of view of course. My Revans were both female and male depending on my playthrough, so perhaps that is why I wasn't so bothered by Revan getting a fixed gender, because I didn't fix a gender onto Revan either. But from a story perspective I understand why they had done it and even support the choice.

The importance of headcanons has to be kept in mind of course, but I am of the strong opinion that people's individual headcanons shouldn't rule the story the devs want to tell. Because as immersed and involved as we are in the stories, in the end they're the storytellers and we the audience.
Well if you don't want player to have their own version of the character, don't leave a choice in the first place.
I've never played KOTOR 1 & 2 so i never had any version of Revan or the Exile in mind other than the one from the game and the Revan novel, but i'd never accept any canonical version of our SWTOR PC though.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.17.2019 , 01:15 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Well if you don't want player to have their own version of the character, don't leave a choice in the first place.
I've never played KOTOR 1 & 2 so i never had any version of Revan or the Exile in mind other than the one from the game and the Revan novel, but i'd never accept any canonical version of our SWTOR PC though.
Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that players shouldn't have their own versions of a character. That's what SWTOR's tale is all about, you create your own Star Wars story. What I am saying, is that the importance of headcanons shouldn't overshadow freedom in storytelling. The best would be if there was a balance between the two, but that is naturally difficult to achieve.

Although it will never happen, would I mind it if Bioware or someone else made a canon version of our PC characters? Nope, it's fine. I mean, technically there is already a soft canon version of SWTOR established. Republic class stories follow the Light Side and Empire class stories follow the Dark Side. It's also how for example Wookieepedia handles their pages about SWTOR related lore and content, assuming that the Light Side is the canon version on Repside and Dark Side on Impside.

Because even if there is a canon established, to me that doesn't invalidate my own vision on the story or characters. Not too long ago for example, I replayed KOTOR 1 & 2 and I felt completely comfortable playing KOTOR 1 as a female Revan and KOTOR 2 as a male Exile. The fact that SWTOR established canon versions for each didn't stop me from enjoying the playthroughs, nor should it have.
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.17.2019 , 01:44 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Well if you don't want player to have their own version of the character, don't leave a choice in the first place.
I've never played KOTOR 1 & 2 so i never had any version of Revan or the Exile in mind other than the one from the game and the Revan novel, but i'd never accept any canonical version of our SWTOR PC though.
Boo! You are missing on the best story telling . I highly recommand them .

It would make Swtor look like a joke lol
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.17.2019 , 01:50 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that players shouldn't have their own versions of a character. That's what SWTOR's tale is all about, you create your own Star Wars story. What I am saying, is that the importance of headcanons shouldn't overshadow freedom in storytelling. The best would be if there was a balance between the two, but that is naturally difficult to achieve.

Although it will never happen, would I mind it if Bioware or someone else made a canon version of our PC characters? Nope, it's fine. I mean, technically there is already a soft canon version of SWTOR established. Republic class stories follow the Light Side and Empire class stories follow the Dark Side. It's also how for example Wookieepedia handles their pages about SWTOR related lore and content, assuming that the Light Side is the canon version on Repside and Dark Side on Impside.

Because even if there is a canon established, to me that doesn't invalidate my own vision on the story or characters. Not too long ago for example, I replayed KOTOR 1 & 2 and I felt completely comfortable playing KOTOR 1 as a female Revan and KOTOR 2 as a male Exile. The fact that SWTOR established canon versions for each didn't stop me from enjoying the playthroughs, nor should it have.
when you start Kotor 2 , with Atton in his cage you can trough DIALOGUES choose the gender of REVAN .

Is it that hard to do the same ???

I mean, it wouldn't change how crappy Revan is in this game . But hey, at least that would lessen the butthurt a tiny bit lolol

Me ? I hate CANON . It kill well players choices, it demean the previous games . I mean it goes like ''Here play this game and be whatever you want !'' then it become ''Oh no, sorry.....it changed when we wrote this Novel . So now, your character look nothing like the options you were given....and guess what ?? THEY DIEEEEE! and then come back like JEEBUS! isnt that great ?'' ...

The whole ''Let the writer tell a story blahblah...'' . Honestly , only if its earth shattering good . Which Kotor 1 and 2 were , the Novel which I didnt read but end up with Revan being captured by the emprore, Scourge Tomatoe ****** betraying the exile and killing her...all led.....to ''Dark part of revan'' throwing a tantrum and trying to doom the world she worked for , for AGES ??! Are you kidding me ?? Go againt the Jedi council and fight in the Mando war, come back as SIth and fight again..and all of that..got stamped for some ******** about revan getting Split in 2 peoples one dark and one Light and it end with a Talk No Jutsu and HE *********** BAIL! Doesnt even STICK around to fix his lousy mess!

******* writing , and thats why canon are bad..m'kay....
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
11.17.2019 , 02:20 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
Boo! You are missing on the best story telling . I highly recommand them .

It would make Swtor look like a joke lol
Well i never found them and don't have a X-box anyways, so even if i had them i'd not be able to play them

Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that players shouldn't have their own versions of a character. That's what SWTOR's tale is all about, you create your own Star Wars story. What I am saying, is that the importance of headcanons shouldn't overshadow freedom in storytelling. The best would be if there was a balance between the two, but that is naturally difficult to achieve.

Although it will never happen, would I mind it if Bioware or someone else made a canon version of our PC characters? Nope, it's fine. I mean, technically there is already a soft canon version of SWTOR established. Republic class stories follow the Light Side and Empire class stories follow the Dark Side. It's also how for example Wookieepedia handles their pages about SWTOR related lore and content, assuming that the Light Side is the canon version on Repside and Dark Side on Impside.

Because even if there is a canon established, to me that doesn't invalidate my own vision on the story or characters. Not too long ago for example, I replayed KOTOR 1 & 2 and I felt completely comfortable playing KOTOR 1 as a female Revan and KOTOR 2 as a male Exile. The fact that SWTOR established canon versions for each didn't stop me from enjoying the playthroughs, nor should it have.
Thing is i have no issue with a character being canon, when there's only 1 version of this character.
As much as i dislike most of the game where you don't have a choice about your character having a male protagonist, i'll accept that dude as canon (Prince of Persia, Link...), but if i'm given a choice about my own character, am able to get through their stories, first i'm more likely to play as a female, and i'd not be happy that my girl suddenly turn into a dude after everything.

I've never been able to play the JK as a male PC, i've tried, many times, always ended up deleting them at most after finishing Tython. So for me the Hero of Tython is a female who romances Theron, any other version of that character would be a fake and a liar to me and i'd clearly never accept a dude romancing Kira or Lana as the Hero of Tython.
So if they ever make a canonical version of that character (in another game or in a movie), i'll just never touch that and prentend it doesn't exist.

So i'll stand by my point if you want total control over your story from begining to end and don't want to have problem with people being mad at your new canon character, then just don't give people a choice and create your canonical version from the start.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.17.2019 , 02:39 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Well i never found them and don't have a X-box anyways, so even if i had them i'd not be able to play them


Thing is i have no issue with a character being canon, when there's only 1 version of this character.
As much as i dislike most of the game where you don't have a choice about your character having a male protagonist, i'll accept that dude as canon (Prince of Persia, Link...), but if i'm given a choice about my own character, am able to get through their stories, first i'm more likely to play as a female, and i'd not be happy that my girl suddenly turn into a dude after everything.

I've never been able to play the JK as a male PC, i've tried, many times, always ended up deleting them at most after finishing Tython. So for me the Hero of Tython is a female who romances Theron, any other version of that character would be a fake and a liar to me and i'd clearly never accept a dude romancing Kira or Lana as the Hero of Tython.
So if they ever make a canonical version of that character (in another game or in a movie), i'll just never touch that and prentend it doesn't exist.

So i'll stand by my point if you want total control over your story from begining to end and don't want to have problem with people being mad at your new canon character, then just don't give people a choice and create your canonical version from the start.
Xboy ? huh ?

You mean Xbox console ?

They are on pc....at least thats what I play on lol .

On GOG :

Kotor 1: https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_k...e_old_republic

Kotor 2: https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_k...the_sith_lords

On Steam:

Kotor 1: https://store.steampowered.com/app/3..._Old_Republic/

Kotor 2 :https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...he_Sith_Lords/

and on Xbox : https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/st...ot:overviewtab

Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

iPereira's Avatar


iPereira
11.17.2019 , 03:01 PM | #100
I would like them to hire an animator and sound design so the new move for shadows given in Onslaught expansion had sound. Also a quality control person so the fact the new ability has 0 purpose ( Translocate 2.0 ) can be resolved.
Jacket Powertech Shieldtech
Ebon Hawk
http://www.enjin.com/profile/2582521