What would you like to see in the next expansion?

Jett-Rinn

You just want that fancy place..whatcha call it ? the Hampton ? lol but in Star Wars! lol

Ew not Alderaan . Too many Snobs, too many crappy Politic .

I would love a farm on Balmorra . Pretty sunset.......the sound of canon firing in the background.....smell of rebels burning corpse...and you are racking your pumpkins patch.....yup. I'm sold! :D

** rich snobs vs equipment frozen every other day (namely the afore mentioned ski lift) ! Besides … I hate lugging my skies back up the hill.

** Crappy politics: I prefer aggressive negotiations when needed !! :D

** An Ol Buzzard roasting … EEEWwwwww (that smells pretty bad … trust me !) NOT GOOD !!

*** sigh *** … as much as I hate to admit it …

(Back to the specifics of the topic)

** more frequent companion interactions ** IMO … it was one of the things that set this game apart from others.... and it would be cool to some of that return. It doesn't always have to be LI centered. There could easily be dozens of subjects / fun stuff … ie a ski trip down the slopes of our new SH on Hoth … ( please see Hoth Chalet suggestion )

** Bass boat ??? ** Nah … I know better ! :D aside from me I doubt that would work … scratch that !

** a couple of new Strong Holds **

***Space Station Type***

A. Location: My personal thought on this would be to initially locate it on the outer rim. This might work well with the current story and fit well with the past stories whether LS or DS. ALSO … as a possible suggestion it should be considered to be able to relocate what sector of space (based on current map) to relocate to for a "nominal charge either in CC or credits".

B. Design features

This station should have:

1. An over all design style on the interior that simular to the "City in the Clouds" from Star Wars "The Empire Strikes Back". Development would use their discretion to design as needed or desired .. just make it fun and unique !

2. At least one observation deck to view the open stars around us … This would be a great view from a "clear domed area in the center top or bottom … that gives a breath taking view of space. This would be a real challenge for the team.. but IMO … worth it ! Design MIGHT include a loading dock for player ship.

3. Larger than Manaan ... but NOT LARGER than Nar Shaddaa.

***Hoth / Private Chalet *** PLEASE NOTE: updated to possibly read "Alderaan" instead of Hoth

A. Location: "summer resort" on Hoth (ALDERAAN ) :D .. JK .. You get the idea. Still will freeze the snow and keep things on ice... but a place on Hoth where the ski slopes close by will be nice. And yet … what a view. The development team knows exactly what I'm talking about !! ;)

B. Design suggestions. Go wild with this one. Part inside (maybe even build part of it in the side of a mountain... ) Not too large (Larger than Manaan ) … but don't over do it ! The one thing that I might suggest would be a ski slope that a player could guide their toon down the side of a long stretch for a run. AND .. a private lift back to the top ! (Just a thought). This could be really fun !

** and the really big one: A new class ??? **

Yes this yet another shameless plug for this: http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964179&highlight=force+sensitive+black+ops&page=5

Oh... BTW... I posted the last page. It's pretty much just a quick summation of the idea !

And yes.. I know it's a reach ! But as some of you may have guessed by now .. I like to dream BIG !

Additionally:

** longer stories and more frequent interactions with at least one favorite companion … along with more customizing features for said companions** for example female companions could use some updated hair styles available... and I'm guessing that the same would be true for male companions as well.

** more frequent brief interludes such as "Hearts and Minds" ** That brief segment really helped tie up some loose ends and helped set the stage for the next segment of the story.

** more dailies on Onderon ** That whole area was nicely done. I'd like to see more missions that would further explore that setting !

** perhaps some new companions (male / female) ** could be used for multiple character applications ??? Just a thought. Perhaps might be in the same light as Lana and Theron. But also a new face (so to speak).

** Another page in the ongoing struggle between the Republic and the Empire ** Perhaps with some updates on a few old planets: Taris for example might be seeing some signs of revitalization and actual clean up taking place. Rakghouls might be gradually restored to sentient being with purpose and life.

** Some new FP's that work with the new stories yet to come ** As the stories grow .. there should be some FP's that work hand in hand with those stories.

… I'm certain that there will be more that comes to mind later on !

Edited by OlBuzzard

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next expansion... that's a big question.

As far as story --

* No planet-killers.

* No new companions.

* No resurrections or references to previous villains.

* No choosing which companion dies with no hope of saving both.

* Significant dialog differences between the Classes and races.

* More scenes with our Romance companions.

* New missions on existing planets, especially DK and Coruscant.

* Positive scenes -- celebrations, award ceremonies, weddings, something LIGHT.

Do you realize, we've never got to command our own Fleet?

I'd like to see a big space battle where we get to make decisions about how it goes.

I want more missions where I get to choose what tasks my Companions get and which one goes with me.

And more than anything -- MORE BUG FIXES. Bugs are still coming out faster than they're fixed!

Edited by Xina_LA

No bugs

Current bugs fixed

Class balance

More reasonable conquest goals

Better system(s) design

Less RNG or no RNG vendors

Some ability culling, not new abilities to add to the heap we already have

Fix the lag and dysnc in pvp maps

Make the game fun and enjoyable again and not like a 2nd job

As far as content goes, I’ll be happy if they just fix every thing (my expectations are low) that I’ve listed and not break anything else or change stuff for the sake of change.

The game should and needs to be fun to keep players around. Even the best story will only keep people occupied for a short time and if everything else is ****, then people leave just as fast. I can read a book or listen to a pod cast if all I want is Star Wars story that lasts 5-20 hours (which is always going to be the max they can make). But I want more replayable content that is fun, not grindy and not buggy to keep my playing.

I do t think any of that is too much to ask. Most other AAA games or studios do this, why can’t Bioware. And don’t say funds, it’s been like this for a long time before they had lack of funds. Quality control is major problem in this game and so is wasting resources to change stuff that doesn’t need changing for the sake of change. Especially when they could be using the limited resources addressing all the bugs and other problems. Every time they change stuff, it breaks something else unexpected that was working just fine before. The last thing they should be doing is changing things they don’t need too if it breaks stuff every time.

An actual expansion - with everything clearly tested and ready to go, not in a beta state.

Here, here... well put. I still feel like we are beta testing this expansion, which means the pts was an alpha version and maybe we’ll get a working version next year sometime?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Something that came to mind about what I'd love to see:

An attempt to finish what Darth Traya started, namely, to destroy the Force.

Of course, the attempt wouldn't succeed as the Force clearly lives on, but I absolutely adored that part of her motivations, that she hated it for how it manipulated everyone and everything to achieve some measure of balance. I'd love it if some cult devoted to her, tried to finish what she started.

Darth Traya/Kreia is my absolute, number 1 favourite Star Wars character and I just really would want to see her play a role in this game, even if she doesn't appear herself. At most, I'd want her to appear as a holocron influencing some cultists or something, not as a spirit.

Here are some fun things that I would like to see one day.

• Return to old planets, continuing the stories of Alderaan, Taris, and Tatooine.
  • New Planet: Kashyyyk, Bothawui, Devaron, Zeltros
  • Engine and Graphics upgrades
  • Activities: Smuggling, Podracing
  • New Playable Species: Zeltron, Devaronian, Bothan
  • A female Hutt. (google Queen Jool)

I would like BioWare to do what they do best and for the next expansion to go back to having a huge story from the onset. When they announced Knights of the Fallen Empire and how it was hugely focused on story and that they were gonna go back to focusing on that, it drew a massive amount of people back and the same thing happened for Knights of the Eternal Throne. I know the forum community is divided on how much they personally felt about the story of those expansions themselves, but I really enjoyed them as they were well written, paced well, and had a large scope, which is what I would like to have again.

Onslaught has/had the potential for that (we have yet to see what the update cycle will be like, and how they handle the story from here on out in this expansion) but if the Onderon & Mek-Sha stories are any indication, then I may just need to unsubscribe for a long time and wait for the game to (hopefully) accumulate enough story content for it to be worthwhile for me to be subscribed and to play.

BioWare is a great story telling studio, that is where their strength is and has always been, and it is what people want from them. I love the direction of the story itself in Onslaught, but I really dislike how it felt rushed through and manic. I dislike that you can finish it in a matter of a hand full of hours with no problem, and honestly I hate to say it, but they have never been great at doing much of any other kind of content. I think the Onderon dailies are a kind of testament to that, and if they want to focus on building other forms of content, perhaps they should skimp on adding daily areas instead of skimping on story content, and utilize the resources they spend on dailies on something else. I like having reasons to go back to the new planets, I just don't think the typical daily missions always have to be the reason they design for us to return to them for.

Edited by Jesira

Something that came to mind about what I'd love to see:

An attempt to finish what Darth Traya started, namely, to destroy the Force.

Of course, the attempt wouldn't succeed as the Force clearly lives on, but I absolutely adored that part of her motivations, that she hated it for how it manipulated everyone and everything to achieve some measure of balance. I'd love it if some cult devoted to her, tried to finish what she started.

Darth Traya/Kreia is my absolute, number 1 favourite Star Wars character and I just really would want to see her play a role in this game, even if she doesn't appear herself. At most, I'd want her to appear as a holocron influencing some cultists or something, not as a spirit.

You're absolutely right, however, could we even trust Bioware NOT to butcher her character completly? Not even talking minor inconsistiences fans tend to overly nitpick on, but a straight-out character assassination. I mean, they already did it once - the Entity in Warrior's story was obviously written to be Kreia... which was an absolute nonsense and if it wasn't for the massive fan backlash Bioware wouldn't have backtracked and pretend they didn't mean it to be Kreia afterall.

I would love Kreia to play a significant role and uplift the thematic side of SWTOR's story & writing (as it's heavily needed among all the banal Sunday-cartoon Imp vs Rep war plots) but I honestly don't think the current writers could do it right, or even partially right...

Edited by Pietrastor

You're absolutely right, however, could we even trust Bioware NOT to butcher her character completly? Not even talking minor inconsistiences fans tend to overly nitpick on, but a straight-out character assassination. I mean, they already did it once - the Entity in Warrior's story was obviously written to be Kreia... which was an absolute nonsense and if it wasn't for the massive fan backlash Bioware wouldn't have backtracked and pretend they didn't mean it to be Kreia afterall.

I would love Kreia to play a significant role and uplift the thematic side of SWTOR's story & writing (as it's heavily needed among all the banal Sunday-cartoon Imp vs Rep war plots) but I honestly don't think the current writers could do it right, or even partially right...

Agreed. They already screwed up the Exile and Revan, I really don't want them to screw up Kreia too.

Now, what they could do is take the same idea of Kreia without actually bringing her back, a cult [but not a cult, we have too many of those] centered around destroying the Force. It would be a pretty good expansion if they actually succeeded in destroying [or at least temporarily removing] the Force, and your characters would have to do something to restore it [petitioning the Ones?].

But tbh this is an idea that would have made more sense earlier on, like back in SoR. Revan's plan shouldn't have been 'let's revive the emperor so I can kill him' but rather 'let's destroy the Force so he can't return, ever.' Kreia was his teacher so it would have made thematic sense for him to seize on that idea.

^

Just another wasted oppurtunity. They butchered Revan's story too. Heck, I hate the character of Emperor but KOTFEET is still miles better written than Revan novel, Maelstorm/Foundry & SOR, especially considering that these amount to what is basically the only "KOTOR 3" we will ever get...

Edited by Pietrastor

^

Just another wasted oppurtunity. They butchered Revan's story too. Heck, I hate the character of Emperor but KOTFEET is still miles better written than Revan novel, Maelstorm/Foundry & SOR, especially considering that these amount to what is basically the only "KOTOR 3" we will ever get...

I actually think the Revan novel is a great piece of content about Revan. It's KotFEET that's much, much worse than the novel. I can't tell you how many times I reread the novel and then, when my copy literally fell apart from overuse, how many times I relistened the audiobook.

Agreed. They already screwed up the Exile and Revan, I really don't want them to screw up Kreia too.

Now, what they could do is take the same idea of Kreia without actually bringing her back, a cult [but not a cult, we have too many of those] centered around destroying the Force. It would be a pretty good expansion if they actually succeeded in destroying [or at least temporarily removing] the Force, and your characters would have to do something to restore it [petitioning the Ones?].

But tbh this is an idea that would have made more sense earlier on, like back in SoR. Revan's plan shouldn't have been 'let's revive the emperor so I can kill him' but rather 'let's destroy the Force so he can't return, ever.' Kreia was his teacher so it would have made thematic sense for him to seize on that idea.

I pray they never ever ever EVER go near Kreia!

they already screw up Revan, the exile....the emprore....

Kreia was Revan teacher true, but revan had MANY teachers . And she had (well she is a she to me) a tendancie to kinda go with the flow in a situation . Not adhere to a teachers teaching per se , but Many teachers and kinda put them all together and get something new .

I'm also Glad that the 'Entity' on Corellia..wasn't kreia .

She is the greatest thing that was in Kotor 2.....BW stay away from her!!! :p

Her voice actress is still alive : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Kestelman

But I doubt BW can afford her..with their tiny budget lol maybe they could buy money from credit spammer ? :D

Edited by SerraShar

I actually think the Revan novel is a great piece of content about Revan. It's KotFEET that's much, much worse than the novel. I can't tell you how many times I reread the novel and then, when my copy literally fell apart from overuse, how many times I relistened the audiobook.

Anything Revan that has set a gender has butchered the story for a great many people. My Revan was NOT male. Should have left well enough alone.

I don't care how well it was written. My Revan did not romance Bastillia and was not male. She romanced Carth and was female.

Edited by Suzsi

yeah mine run off with Juhani to that Island back in Kotor 1 :p

And I'm pretty sure that my Revan wouldn't have been that Obsessed with the emprore lol or that stupid .

No thank you! the revan in SOR was an Impostor and a lousy character .

I just chalk it to Conrad Verner like character found revan armor on Ebay and though he could do better lolol

I still like and love SOR expansion, but not cose of Revan Verner lol

Anything Revan that has set a gender has butchered the story for a great many people. My Revan was NOT male. Should have left well enough alone.

I don't care how well it was written. My Revan did not romance Bastillia and was not male. She romanced Carth and was female.

I understand this point of view of course. My Revans were both female and male depending on my playthrough, so perhaps that is why I wasn't so bothered by Revan getting a fixed gender, because I didn't fix a gender onto Revan either. But from a story perspective I understand why they had done it and even support the choice.

The importance of headcanons has to be kept in mind of course, but I am of the strong opinion that people's individual headcanons shouldn't rule the story the devs want to tell. Because as immersed and involved as we are in the stories, in the end they're the storytellers and we the audience.

Edited by Ylliarus

I understand this point of view of course. My Revans were both female and male depending on my playthrough, so perhaps that is why I wasn't so bothered by Revan getting a fixed gender, because I didn't fix a gender onto Revan either. But from a story perspective I understand why they had done it and even support the choice.

The importance of headcanons has to be kept in mind of course, but I am of the strong opinion that people's individual headcanons shouldn't rule the story the devs want to tell. Because as immersed and involved as we are in the stories, in the end they're the storytellers and we the audience.

Well if you don't want player to have their own version of the character, don't leave a choice in the first place.

I've never played KOTOR 1 & 2 so i never had any version of Revan or the Exile in mind other than the one from the game and the Revan novel, but i'd never accept any canonical version of our SWTOR PC though.

Well if you don't want player to have their own version of the character, don't leave a choice in the first place.

I've never played KOTOR 1 & 2 so i never had any version of Revan or the Exile in mind other than the one from the game and the Revan novel, but i'd never accept any canonical version of our SWTOR PC though.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that players shouldn't have their own versions of a character. That's what SWTOR's tale is all about, you create your own Star Wars story. What I am saying, is that the importance of headcanons shouldn't overshadow freedom in storytelling. The best would be if there was a balance between the two, but that is naturally difficult to achieve.

Although it will never happen, would I mind it if Bioware or someone else made a canon version of our PC characters? Nope, it's fine. I mean, technically there is already a soft canon version of SWTOR established. Republic class stories follow the Light Side and Empire class stories follow the Dark Side. It's also how for example Wookieepedia handles their pages about SWTOR related lore and content, assuming that the Light Side is the canon version on Repside and Dark Side on Impside.

Because even if there is a canon established, to me that doesn't invalidate my own vision on the story or characters. Not too long ago for example, I replayed KOTOR 1 & 2 and I felt completely comfortable playing KOTOR 1 as a female Revan and KOTOR 2 as a male Exile. The fact that SWTOR established canon versions for each didn't stop me from enjoying the playthroughs, nor should it have.

Edited by Ylliarus

Boo! You are missing on the best story telling . I highly recommand them .

It would make Swtor look like a joke lol

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that players shouldn't have their own versions of a character. That's what SWTOR's tale is all about, you create your own Star Wars story. What I am saying, is that the importance of headcanons shouldn't overshadow freedom in storytelling. The best would be if there was a balance between the two, but that is naturally difficult to achieve.

Although it will never happen, would I mind it if Bioware or someone else made a canon version of our PC characters? Nope, it's fine. I mean, technically there is already a soft canon version of SWTOR established. Republic class stories follow the Light Side and Empire class stories follow the Dark Side. It's also how for example Wookieepedia handles their pages about SWTOR related lore and content, assuming that the Light Side is the canon version on Repside and Dark Side on Impside.

Because even if there is a canon established, to me that doesn't invalidate my own vision on the story or characters. Not too long ago for example, I replayed KOTOR 1 & 2 and I felt completely comfortable playing KOTOR 1 as a female Revan and KOTOR 2 as a male Exile. The fact that SWTOR established canon versions for each didn't stop me from enjoying the playthroughs, nor should it have.

when you start Kotor 2 , with Atton in his cage you can trough DIALOGUES choose the gender of REVAN .

Is it that hard to do the same ???

I mean, it wouldn't change how crappy Revan is in this game . But hey, at least that would lessen the butthurt a tiny bit lolol

Me ? I hate CANON . It kill well players choices, it demean the previous games . I mean it goes like ''Here play this game and be whatever you want !'' then it become ''Oh no, sorry.....it changed when we wrote this Novel . So now, your character look nothing like the options you were given....and guess what ?? THEY DIEEEEE! and then come back like JEEBUS! isnt that great ?'' ...:rolleyes:

The whole ''Let the writer tell a story blahblah...'' . Honestly , only if its earth shattering good . Which Kotor 1 and 2 were , the Novel which I didnt read but end up with Revan being captured by the emprore, Scourge Tomatoe ****** betraying the exile and killing her...all led.....to ''Dark part of revan'' throwing a tantrum and trying to doom the world she worked for , for AGES ??! Are you kidding me ?? Go againt the Jedi council and fight in the Mando war, come back as SIth and fight again..and all of that..got stamped for some ******** about revan getting Split in 2 peoples one dark and one Light and it end with a Talk No Jutsu and HE *********** BAIL! Doesnt even STICK around to fix his lousy mess!

******* writing , and thats why canon are bad..m'kay....:p

Boo! You are missing on the best story telling . I highly recommand them .

It would make Swtor look like a joke lol

Well i never found them and don't have a X-box anyways, so even if i had them i'd not be able to play them :(

Thing is i have no issue with a character being canon, when there's only 1 version of this character.

As much as i dislike most of the game where you don't have a choice about your character having a male protagonist, i'll accept that dude as canon (Prince of Persia, Link...), but if i'm given a choice about my own character, am able to get through their stories, first i'm more likely to play as a female, and i'd not be happy that my girl suddenly turn into a dude after everything.

I've never been able to play the JK as a male PC, i've tried, many times, always ended up deleting them at most after finishing Tython. So for me the Hero of Tython is a female who romances Theron, any other version of that character would be a fake and a liar to me and i'd clearly never accept a dude romancing Kira or Lana as the Hero of Tython.

So if they ever make a canonical version of that character (in another game or in a movie), i'll just never touch that and prentend it doesn't exist.

So i'll stand by my point if you want total control over your story from begining to end and don't want to have problem with people being mad at your new canon character, then just don't give people a choice and create your canonical version from the start.

Well i never found them and don't have a X-box anyways, so even if i had them i'd not be able to play them :(

Thing is i have no issue with a character being canon, when there's only 1 version of this character.

As much as i dislike most of the game where you don't have a choice about your character having a male protagonist, i'll accept that dude as canon (Prince of Persia, Link...), but if i'm given a choice about my own character, am able to get through their stories, first i'm more likely to play as a female, and i'd not be happy that my girl suddenly turn into a dude after everything.

I've never been able to play the JK as a male PC, i've tried, many times, always ended up deleting them at most after finishing Tython. So for me the Hero of Tython is a female who romances Theron, any other version of that character would be a fake and a liar to me and i'd clearly never accept a dude romancing Kira or Lana as the Hero of Tython.

So if they ever make a canonical version of that character (in another game or in a movie), i'll just never touch that and prentend it doesn't exist.

So i'll stand by my point if you want total control over your story from begining to end and don't want to have problem with people being mad at your new canon character, then just don't give people a choice and create your canonical version from the start.

Xboy ? huh ?

You mean Xbox console ?

They are on pc....at least thats what I play on lol .

On GOG :

Kotor 1: https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic

Kotor 2: https://www.gog.com/game/star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic_ii_the_sith_lords

On Steam:

Kotor 1: https://store.steampowered.com/app/32370/STAR_WARS__Knights_of_the_Old_Republic/

Kotor 2 :https://store.steampowered.com/app/208580/STAR_WARS_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II__The_Sith_Lords/

and on Xbox : https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/star-wars-kotor-ii/bq4gd4ldgltb?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

:D