Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Scourge interaction update changing on it's own

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scourge interaction update changing on it's own
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
11.16.2019 , 03:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MishaCantu View Post
I suppose what bothers me the most is why this is even in the game that a romanced character can break up with the main character. Unless this has something to do with the Saboteur story line where the MC's actions could cause a LI to separate ways. What a kick in the head that would be, especially if there's no way to get them back. Looking at Theron here.

Either way, some trigger point got changed somewhere and I do hope they can fix it soon.
I suspect that the default script in place for all romances, where you can break up should you choose to romance someone else, was triggered while they rearranged our companion list in Thursday's patch. The patch notes even specifically point out moving Scourge (and Kira and Jakarro) to the right category, and I'm guessing somehow it caused a bug with the Scourge romance string.

Can't imagine it's saboteur related as the romance is engaged post-Corellia, with our sab/loyalist status already affirmed, and the break-up line states we did the breaking up, not him. That said, it would be a sure kick in the gut if sab/loyalist actions put our romances at risk, especially with the non-existent options to romance someone else in the current content and there being no warning for it thus far. Theron's anger and a missed kiss is one thing (and while understandable, bad enough) but it would be terrible if it ever reached a point where he (or any other LI) dumps us.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
11.16.2019 , 05:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Can't imagine it's saboteur related as the romance is engaged post-Corellia, with our sab/loyalist status already affirmed, and the break-up line states we did the breaking up, not him. That said, it would be a sure kick in the gut if sab/loyalist actions put our romances at risk, especially with the non-existent options to romance someone else in the current content and there being no warning for it thus far. Theron's anger and a missed kiss is one thing (and while understandable, bad enough) but it would be terrible if it ever reached a point where he (or any other LI) dumps us.
Well, i think a pub saboteur / imp loyalist - Theron romance may end pretty badly, especially if said pub saboteur / imp loyalist is DS and has no problem mass murdering pub civilians. That would be completely OOC for Theron to accept that and continue the romance (and it seems DS pub saboteur already missed on 2 romance scenes with him so far, which doesn't look good for the romance).

Scourge, i don't think he'd be bothered much either way, he seems pretty ok with working with pub or imp toons. Kira on the other hand seems quite hostile to imp PCs (well at least towards Sith)
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

SerraShar's Avatar


SerraShar
11.16.2019 , 05:13 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
Hey everyone!

Thanks for calling attention to this - we're aware of the issue and investigating. Please, if you haven't already, submit in-game tickets on the affected characters - this gets our team the info they need to investigate effectively.

Thank you!
Hum..does this count for those who finished Onslaught and didn't get Lana Romance to fire on Imp side. Too? Or just for Lord Tomatoe ?
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

JennyFlynn's Avatar


JennyFlynn
11.16.2019 , 05:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Well, i think a pub saboteur / imp loyalist - Theron romance may end pretty badly, especially if said pub saboteur / imp loyalist is DS and has no problem mass murdering pub civilians. That would be completely OOC for Theron to accept that and continue the romance (and it seems DS pub saboteur already missed on 2 romance scenes with him so far, which doesn't look good for the romance).
I definitely agree that it would be OOC for Theron to stick by a murderous PC and his reaction if you've caused a lot of death is understandable. He's not a doormat and I actually appreciate his personality being honored rather than him being changed to suit a DS'er.

What I have against it isn't his reaction (which only makes sense) but the game's approach. It would be rotten for players to lose him in that way or at least, without genuine clarification that it's a risk, you know? Especially when he ends up being the only one/one of a few, who will break up with you for your actions. That's not a common thing right now so the game should be giving warnings along the likes of "Name Disapproves" and "Your actions will be remembered" or "Your actions will put your romance at risk".
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
11.16.2019 , 06:15 PM | #25
To my absolute, horrible, horrendous horror, I have discovered I too am affected by this bug. I am telling you, it's all Vitiate, doing his shenanigans from behind the grave.

As requested, I have submitted an ingame ticket!
The Lecyllath Legacy
Darth Malgus [EU]
SWTOR Player since November 25th, 2012
And here is my referral link!

MishaCantu's Avatar


MishaCantu
11.17.2019 , 03:20 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I suspect that the default script in place for all romances, where you can break up should you choose to romance someone else, was triggered while they rearranged our companion list in Thursday's patch. The patch notes even specifically point out moving Scourge (and Kira and Jakarro) to the right category, and I'm guessing somehow it caused a bug with the Scourge romance string.

Can't imagine it's saboteur related as the romance is engaged post-Corellia, with our sab/loyalist status already affirmed, and the break-up line states we did the breaking up, not him. That said, it would be a sure kick in the gut if sab/loyalist actions put our romances at risk, especially with the non-existent options to romance someone else in the current content and there being no warning for it thus far. Theron's anger and a missed kiss is one thing (and while understandable, bad enough) but it would be terrible if it ever reached a point where he (or any other LI) dumps us.
You're probably right that the shuffling of companions caused this issue. I wasn't going all Henny-Penny, but it would be a kick in the nads if somehow a Sab decision caused a permanent rift. I shudder to think. As it is, I feel bad for keeping Theron around in the alliance with my SI, my only DS 5 character, it might have been kinder to exile him. And Quinn would be apoplectic if a SW was working for the Republic.

Makes for interesting head canon though. Not pleasant, but interesting.

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
11.17.2019 , 04:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I definitely agree that it would be OOC for Theron to stick by a murderous PC and his reaction if you've caused a lot of death is understandable. He's not a doormat and I actually appreciate his personality being honored rather than him being changed to suit a DS'er.

What I have against it isn't his reaction (which only makes sense) but the game's approach. It would be rotten for players to lose him in that way or at least, without genuine clarification that it's a risk, you know? Especially when he ends up being the only one/one of a few, who will break up with you for your actions. That's not a common thing right now so the game should be giving warnings along the likes of "Name Disapproves" and "Your actions will be remembered" or "Your actions will put your romance at risk".
I do agree that there should be a clear warning that some actions could cause you to loose your romance and that it would suck to loose a long time romance over some decisions without any clear warning beforehands.
Here i think the worst was for imp saboteurs who took the saboteur option before realising that this decision would cause Theron to be mad, this one was really tricky.
So yeah there should be something to indicate when we make a decision that it could have a negative effect on a certain companions, so that you can choose to either stick to your decision or change it to keep your companion happy before it's too late.

Though i actually like that our decisions may have actual consequences and that our companions are allowed to be their own person and are able to make their own decision according to ours, instead of being doormats that say amen to everything we do.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Diraia's Avatar


Diraia
11.17.2019 , 04:34 AM | #28
I have the same probleme with Scourge and it's frustrating... especially because im still waiting that they fix the problem with "Things left unsaid" for my Revel/Khem romance

RameiArashi's Avatar


RameiArashi
11.17.2019 , 09:34 AM | #29
Good thing my jedi knight I want to romance scourge hasn't even started onslaught yet.

I don't know if been fixed by Onslaught but Jedi Under Siege had bugs with companions. If it was active HK-55 would not actually come back. You could do his quests but he would;t become a usable companion. Three times I had customer service fix it. They ask you to log off while they do something to your files.

Even stranger, Blizz didn't appear for Guss alert when I had JUS active, A quest marker would appear on map of Alliance base but he wasn't actually there,

Theron got mad at my lightside double agent but not at my darkside jedi who actually let Republic citizens be killed. Makes no sense.

Hratisha_Delon's Avatar


Hratisha_Delon
11.17.2019 , 07:48 PM | #30
Any news of a fix?? I know it’s not “that big of a deal” until the next expansion comes out and adds more interactions between them. However it’s still really upsetting that a dumb bug could mess up my favorite character’s storyline. Let my JK be happy, gosh darn it.