Suggest new VG/PT Tacticals

GhOsTPrOz

Kinda tired of VG/PT tank having no solid option for tacticals. Since Oil Fire the would be best has been broken for months with no plan for the devs to fix, here are a few other ideas for a new Tacticals I had. Let me know what you think.

Shared Armor- Using Power Yield grants your guarded target Power Yield as well for 5 Seconds (make this work with the EP set too)

Kolto Reserves- Using Ion Storm increases DR by 3% for 5 seconds and restores 5% of your maximum health. Additionally using Reserve Powercell restores 1% of your max health every second for 5 seconds.

Advanced Armor Plating- Using Ion Storm increases DR by 3% for 5 seconds and reduces the cooldown on Reactive Shield by 2 seconds and the cooldown of Power Yield by 1 second each use.

Let me know what you guys think of my ideas, and post any of your own ideas If you want. Maybe bioware will see this post and consider making one of these, or reworking all the current VG tacticals since all of them including Thermal Screen are very lack luster in my opinion.

Edited by GhOsTPrOz

In short,

The first one is a bit controversial -- in PVE it may just be a decent pick, but in PVP it can lead to even more frustration, because of the combination of the guard and PY.

The second and third ones seem to be a worthy tacticals.

But, we both know that Eaware cares little what it's community want and there is a fairly enormous chance that nobody would care about your ideas, even though they are good ones. Seems like you've put more effort into envisioning tacticals than Eaware did. Good job anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

First and foremost, I'd like to see Oil Fire fixed. This is ridiculous. It's an easy fix.

As for new tacticals, I feel something like Hord Makashi's Strike (HMS) would be solid. A correctly played Jugg maximizing DR with that tactical can and will have a permanent 8% DR increase to their resting DR at the cost of a little DPS and one GCD without the retaliate buff per Crushing Blow CD.

The obvious PT adjustment is something with either Heat Screen or Shield Enhancers, with my lean being towards the latter. Given how Heat Blast already kinda functions like Retaliation with Hord Makashi, I don't think we should be looking at Heat Screen.

That in mind, I'm thinking something like "Firestorm at 3 stacks of Shield Enhancers will consume Shield Enhancers and give either a 5% DR buff or a 10% Shield buff for 10-15 seconds" would be appropriate. I favor 10 seconds to offset the lack of a downside comparable to the loss of on-CD Retaliate. If it isn't in the form of a DPS loss, it should be in the form of <100% uptime, unlike Hord Makashi's DR. If we go with 15 seconds, that also means ~100% uptime and there should be some other restriction or the restriction removed from HMS.

This would give PT's a solid single target fight tactical that wouldn't outdo Oil Fire on AoE fights. It might also render Thermal Screen obsolete, but as it stands, Thermal Screen is only used for lack of a better alternative. Any fight I run Right Price on I also tend to use Superheated Fuel to maximize DPS.

I also like the idea of transferring Power Yield, and more importantly EP, to a guarded target, though the next obvious question is do we say screw it and allow Juggs to transfer Reflect to their guarded target too.

Finally, as much of a meme as it is, we gotta do something about Translocate. I propose making Hotswap turn Translocate into either an Extricate or an Intercede type ability, but not both. Primarily, this would make it an instant ability. Next, if we make it like Intercede, reduce the DR it gives by 15/20%, add a threat dump, and call it a day. If we make it like Extricate, turn it into a threat dump+reduce the DR by 10%. It's time to give PTs tanks something specific that only they can use to help a raid member.

Just came up with this on the spot, so feel free to take this ball and run it further/ in another direction or point out the potential pitfalls of these.

Edited by BishopSMASH

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...