BiS tanking set issue

JusticarHastral

What is the reason behind the lock away behind hardmode Dxun? All the other classes/specs seem to have their BiS in the fragment store. I find this ridiculous and it screws over the VG/PT tanks, Its not like there are a lot of us to begin with and getting a tank spot in progression raids is hard enough as it is. I hope in the near future this issue is remedied.

Emergency Power has an increased drop with any mode of Dxun, not just hard mode. I think I got the one piece I have from a renown crate. It's never been on Kai directly, assuming that his wares are the same regardless of server.

For what its worth, there are several "increased drop rate from Dxun" sets, like Apex Predator and Authority sets, which I've gotten as loot drops in hard mode EV. Our guild had a piece of Endless Offensive drop in 16-person story mode Gods from Izax last weekend, which is another so-called "Dxun" set. Therefore, I actually suspect EP can drop as well just like the other "Dxun" sets.

The way I had to get the 6 piece set for Emergency power is to farm Tech frags, and spend them on the Random Unique item ffrom Kai Zykken. Keep in mind this is fully random and I probably spent at least 100,000 Tech frags for this. Still missing the Bracers for the set achievement tho.

I have seen every single set piece drop off of ops and fps and Kai.. I have only ever seen EP in Dxun and from Kai unique items purchases. This has to be a coding issue they are not addressing.

There are "Dxun only" sets for each class, but it seems only EP is truely "Dxun only"

I think I have dumped upwards of 40k fragments and have yet to get one piece of this set. I hold a tanking spot in progression raids and the Right price set is not cutting it to what my counterpart is wearing. I hope these upcoming patches solve this issue, they can do a few things to solve it.

1. Put it in Fragment vendors

2. Make it droppable by any end raid boss SM-NiM

3. Buff the Right Price Set

4. Do all the above (preferable)

I would have no issue with farming raids for gear like I did in Wow and the numerous other MMO's I played through the years. However, the fact set parts ONLY drop off of end bosses except in very rare circumstances is frustrating. I should not be surprised as VG Tanks have had a pretty long history of getting shafted.

in fairness, for the vast majority of pve content apart from a few bosses in Dxun Nightmare, a PT/VG tank is far better served using the right price or meteor brawler setbonus to boost their defensive and offensive capabilities

so the fact that the set bonus drops in content where it actually helps (along with the lower difficult option as it also drops on HM) is quite generous tbh

Edited by RikuvonDrake

I do agree it is slightly lame, but as Riku mentioned it isnt really needed. One of the only places I use it in Legacy NiM content is- Brontes, Kephess, Terror and Bestia if I need to do doubles.

Squad Leader is also a good option as it gives you and the group 10% DR when you use reactive.