Hoods no longer work with helmets?

KitePolaris

Yeah this is silly Bioware, there is an old saying...'if it ain't broke...don't fix it'....

What chance do we have of getting anything to work or be fixed if the things that are working already keep getting broken and taking up developer / programmer time to fix them?

This just seems like a silly mistake to be honest, I love this game but please, keep the week 1 trainees away from the servers lol.

What's sad is if they can't fix it without waiting for the next big update. If such a clear and present issue that was previously working fine needs a couple weeks to fix, that's pretty disappointing. I know some people were laid off at BW, but I didn't know it was so many.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know some people were laid off at BW, but I didn't know it was so many.

Actually, they're hiring and they're hiring the type of people who are instrumental fixing issues just like this.

Enough with the doom and gloom already. Sh*t happens. Does it suck if it affects you? Absolutely. I have little doubt they'll fix this soon.

Actually, they're hiring and they're hiring the type of people who are instrumental fixing issues just like this.

Enough with the doom and gloom already. Sh*t happens. Does it suck if it affects you? Absolutely. I have little doubt they'll fix this soon.

We'll see.

(But I hope you're right.)

It would be nice to have a ETA on it, it was VERY dissapointing that this week's patch did not resolve the issue and the reply they gave did not include any ETA.

Please fix this ultra annoying bug its been a while ! *** could possibly be so hard that u need months to fix this ? !

If by months you mean two weeks, then yes, it's been months. If it was a trivial fix it would have been fixed already. Despite what all the armchair programmers and designers like to believe, MMO's are complex systems with countless interlocking components and we have no idea what the dependencies are for a fix like this or how it affects the game as a whole.

Patience truly is a virtue.

Glad to hear this has at least been acknowledged. I haven't played my SI in weeks because after months looking forward to finally getting the gear I wanted for him, he only got to wear his mask+hood combo for a couple of missions before this bug appeared.

Also adding my vote on the Kallig's Countenance issue. I was really excited to get that mask and then so disappointed to find it couldn't be worn with a hood as shown in the codex. Given the story significance, my SI would never take that damn mask off if it would only combine with a hood. As it is, though, it just makes him look like a dork :(

Why wait? i just equipped a revan helm on all my hooded chars and now i can continue as normal.

Because a lot of ppl want the look that they PAYED for,it's just wrong to just have to spend millions of credits to get the only mask that works when we all already payed money for the look that we want.We need a fix ASAP Bioware.:mad:

If by months you mean two weeks, then yes, it's been months. If it was a trivial fix it would have been fixed already. Despite what all the armchair programmers and designers like to believe, MMO's are complex systems with countless interlocking components and we have no idea what the dependencies are for a fix like this or how it affects the game as a whole.

Patience truly is a virtue.

You have a point, but my problem isn't with the bug. I get that sh*t happens, & if you try to sort out one thing you might screw up another. My issue is with their lack of response, lack of feedback, lack of updates on the matter. 14 pages this thread has reached, & all we got is one reply? It's like they're flat-out ignoring us.

What reasoning do you have behind that?

• Dev Post

Hi there,

I know you've all been patiently waiting for an update here, and I want to let you know that the fix for this will be included in Patch 1.7.3.

Additionally, in patch 1.7.3, we plan to deploy a fix for another (more recent) bug where some Trooper helms currently do not properly display in game, regardless of whether or not they are toggled on.

While the hoods under helms fix has been fully tested and will be included, there's still a chance that testing could push back the fix for the Trooper helm issue. If that turns out to be the case, or if there is any other info to pass along, we'll be sure to let you know before the patch.

:ph_thank_you:

~ Amber

Hi there,

I know you've all been patiently waiting for an update here, and I want to let you know that the fix for this will be included in Patch 1.7.3.

Additionally, in patch 1.7.3, we plan to deploy a fix for another (more recent) bug where some Trooper helms currently do not properly display in game, regardless of whether or not they are toggled on.

While the hoods under helms fix has been fully tested and will be included, there's still a chance that testing could push back the fix for the Trooper helm issue. If that turns out to be the case, or if there is any other info to pass along, we'll be sure to let you know before the patch.

:ph_thank_you:

~ Amber

Question is did you fix the Kallig countenance this time?

Lore entry for Lord Kallig shows him with a hood+helm working and his armor doesnt have a hood down showing so its clearly not supposed to be like this.

Edited by ElitehunterDS

• Dev Post

Regarding my announcement above, it looks like testing has revealed that this will not be fully fixed in Patch 1.7.3. Some of you will find your helms where they should be, but there will still be a couple of helms that will not display properly. Once the patch goes live, I'll post an update to the Known Issues to address which ones, and we're already working to ensure that they're addressed also.

Thanks for your continued patience!