What to buy/sell?

Flyguybc

Hey gang!

Coming back after having a kiddo. #whatissleep I have 6800 cartel coins. My goal is to make enough to buy a defiant vented LS which is around 100kk. I've got 18kk right now.

Any recommendations on what I should buy/sell to get there? Should I just open a hypercrate and hope for enough stuff to sell?

I'll check back manana. Gotta sleep.

Thanks!

So looking at everything, Eternal Command Hypercrates go for around 38kk (there are a couple for 99kk but I'm guessing those are just people hoping for a lucky click?) I'm not up and up on the gear, so would it be better to just open the hypercrates and hope I get a few premium items to sell at 40kk-50kk?

Or should I just hold off until another cartel pack comes out and buy that one and hope it has better gear. Is there a new one coming out soon?

Or should I just start grinding credits somewhere/crafting. When I left I had my artificer high level so he was making some purple light saber that sold for a couple mil, that's how I got to 18kk.

Any advice here would be most welcome. I haven't even got my head/hands around the new expansion and what to do. Think I still have some story to finish from the last expansion too lol.

Selling the crates is the best/easiest way to go. "Playing" the GTN is a great way to make money but it is tedious and boring. Crafting would be your next best bet.

Keep an eye on what you want as prices fluctuate considerably. I've been searching on an item that typically goes for 10mil+, found it for 450k just the other day. I was lucky but a lot of people put things on the GTN that they have no idea what they are worth or just plain make mistakes.

Is the eternal command hypercrate the way to go then? Or should I do supercrates or something like that. They hypercrate will pretty much clean me out of points at 4500 or whatever they are, so I want to get the most bang for the buck.

I have a top level artificer, are there any good things I can work him up to crafting that I can sell? I remember i used to run OPs to get some purple crafting mat, then I could make a lightsaber that sold for like 2-4 mil. Or has 5.0 killed that kind of crafting.

When do they release the next cartel pack? Would it be better to just wait for that? I don't get the feeling theres a whole lot of cool stuff in the current packs? The life bundle is going for about 38 as well, but also costs 4500 or whatever coins.

Thanks for your thoughts!