What exactly happens to companions in KotFE *Please no spoilers*

xJACKTHERIPPERx

So what actually happens to your companions once you start the new content? I've heard people saying they lost their companions for good but after that live stream Musco said

What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?

When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.

So what's the deal? If I grind Kaliyos influence up a few levels, then start KotFE and end up losing her or she dies during the story, will she still be gone if I want to go do dailies on Yavin or quest with a buddy?

They disappear for awhile. Most should be coming back in some form or another. Can't say more without massive spoilers.

So if I start KotFE, then leave it to go do other things, like heroics or dailies, I could potentially not have my old companions with me even outside of the story area?

So what actually happens to your companions once you start the new content? I've heard people saying they lost their companions for good but after that live stream Musco said

So what's the deal? If I grind Kaliyos influence up a few levels, then start KotFE and end up losing her or she dies during the story, will she still be gone if I want to go do dailies on Yavin or quest with a buddy?

Once you start KotFE.

All of your older companions (pre-KotFE) are unsummonable . You can get them back using a terminal that gives you quests to get them back after you complete chapter 9... console seems to be broken per reports.

The only companions you can use in the first 9 chapters are the new story companions. These companions have zero customization... No stats (the norm now), non customize-able (there are no slots for any gear other than weapons and even if you replace those the game fails to recognize the change. i.e. Give Lana a new green color crystal and it stays red.)

As for elder companions; I've read that the console/terminal that gives the quests to get the older comps is broken. I've no idea if this is fact as I simply logged out after chapter 9 and didn't try it out.

Edited by Cylluz

As I understand it. This is correct.

Well that's actually a little terrible. The way I read Musco's quote was that inside KotFE, anything goes with companions, but outside of that it's business as usual.

I've had early access for 2 days now and I still haven't done a single KotFE story mission yet because I don't want to lose the companions I have.

Well that's actually a little terrible. The way I read Musco's quote was that inside KotFE, anything goes with companions, but outside of that it's business as usual.

I've had early access for 2 days now and I still haven't done a single KotFE story mission yet because I don't want to lose the companions I have.

I've not actually tried to go back to the elder stuff yet, so I'm not certain this is correct. I'm logging in to check now... back in a few.

Yup, just went back. None of the elder companions are even on my list. Once you start KotFE you must finish chapter nine, find the console, and run quests to get your comps back it seems.

(none, save t7 that is, and you get him as part of the kotfe story.)

Edited by Cylluz

The terminal on your base in Odessen is broken. When you mouse over it, you will not be able to click on it. It's un-clickable, and I hopes BW fixes this soon. So yes, you won't be able to summon your pre-KotFE companions once you starts the expac.

Once you starts KotFE, even when you go to old planets, you are still only allowed to have your new KotFE companions...your old friends won't be at your side...since, as above, that holoterminal you need to use is, well, bork.

From the bug reports forum:

Hey everyone,

The Companion Locator Terminal is bugged as many have guessed. We didn't have a fix ready for it in time for 4.0a, but are aiming for 4.0.1, which will most likely be on Tuesday with the release of the expansion.

-Tait

So it still looks like you'll be able to get your companions back but probably not until next week.

• 1 year later...

I have completed what i think is the end of kotfe it truly was amazing but the sad part is that many of the old companions didn´t come in the story like ashara jaesa and more.

i know about how to get them back but theres a warning about bringing the companions back before they come up in the story then i wonder are any of these character gonna come back if not i would like to know before i make a mistake if there is no harm then im going to get back many of the old that is not in the quest

I have completed what i think is the end of kotfe it truly was amazing but the sad part is that many of the old companions didn´t come in the story like ashara jaesa and more.

i know about how to get them back but theres a warning about bringing the companions back before they come up in the story then i wonder are any of these character gonna come back if not i would like to know before i make a mistake if there is no harm then im going to get back many of the old that is not in the quest

Way to necro a thread!

Anyone play without any companion? Playing from start to finish and just go it alone. Can this even be done?

Since there are reports of companions dissappearing, would it just be better to make a boosted character and do the KotFE with that one so there is zero attachment to one?

Edited by Kerraii