Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

Wrong. Bioware created the character. They have every right to dictate and deem what is canon and what isn't. If they say the Foundry armor is his canon outfit for SW:TOR. You have to deal with it.

???????????????????????? I don't understand the part I just underlined. You obviously haven't kept up with this thread. Just stop posting, please.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically speaking. What Bioware has on the NPC Revan is Canon to Revan's personal equipment.

While on the other hand. the set of items we are given through the packs have an appearance bug contradictionary to what it was. Which is why there is a fix coming. As they have admitted there was appearance bugs.

Edited by Magnusheart

Technically speaking. What Bioware has on the NPC Revan is Canon to Revan's personal equipment.

While on the other hand. the set of items we are given through the packs have an appearance bug contradictionary to what it was. Which is why there is a fix coming. As they have admitted there was appearance bugs.

That's the point I was trying to make. SithEMP or w/e was trying to say the armor Revan has in-game wasn't canon, but since Bioware invented the character if they want to say that's his armor, then he has to deal with it.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Hey guys,

I checked with the team and Revan's armor has been updated to directly mirror the Revan NPC found in-game. That is intended and there are currently no further changes planned.

-eric

I just subscribed to let you(EricMusco) know that I have lost a great amount of respect for you and your company. I have 0 faith in BioWare as of today.

That's the point I was trying to make. SithEMP or w/e was trying to say the armor Revan has in-game wasn't canon, but since Bioware invented the character if they want to say that's his armor, then he has to deal with it.

It isn't canon IMO.

However, the armor in The Foundry is still broken, and EricMusco said that they aren't going to fix it, even though he promised that it would be fixed. He is in my book, a typical liar. I used to respect EricMusco, but after his statement, I'm disgusted at the entire BioWare staff, and especially disgusted with EricMusco.

The opinion of canon is left to the people who own the character rights, and that's defiantly not anyone who has posted in this thread. I told you, aelther and xorcist repeatedly they wouldn't bother wasting the resources making a whole new set from scratch over the current. People had the right over an existing set they got fixed over having it destroyed over a new set that doesn't exist in this game.

And to the latter, yes, the current set is still broken. Still light grey.

The opinion of canon is left to the people who own the character rights, and that's defiantly not anyone who has posted in this thread. I told you, aelther and xorcist repeatedly they wouldn't bother wasting the resources making a whole new set from scratch over the current. People had the right over an existing set they got fixed over having it destroyed over a new set that doesn't exist in this game.

And to the latter, yes, the current set is still broken. Still light grey.

Not only in the current set broken..

EricMusco said that it is intended and there won't be a fix for it.

Hey guys,

I checked with the team and Revan's armor has been updated to directly mirror the Revan NPC found in-game. That is intended and there are currently no further changes planned.

-eric

You promised to fix the color in this patch, and when it isn't fixed; it is working as intended.

Pathetic.

It's not just the color that hasn't been fixed, it's everything. Nothing about this armor set has changed in the patch. There are still double hoods aswell.

The double hood was fixed. Compare it to the Investigator's Robe.

That said... the Investigator's Robe still need the double hood fixed :mad:

I just checked you're absolutely right about the double hoods being fixed, sorry about that. The color still needs to be fixed though.

No you don't. BioWare might change the set color to green and then EricMusco will clarify that it is working as intended.

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Hey guys,

-eric

You blatantly lied to us, again. It's not just the issue that you didn't keep your word. The issue is you continually do this time and time again. Please change it overall like you said you would.

You blatantly lied to us, again. It's not just the issue that you didn't keep your word. The issue is you continually do this time and time again. Please change it overall like you said you would.

^ This.

Although, knowing BioWare, they will most likely ignore this and move along.

It wasn't an over all change. it was just appearance fixes.

They never *********** said they were going to scrap this set and make a new one. They are smarter than that than to alter an armor set people already purchased from packs, GTN, or collections. Bug fixes. Lower robe being all brown instead of black and red, the double hood, and the light grey instead of black robes. Nothing more. They are not going to piss away resources to make a new set from scratch when one already exists.

Edited by Magnusheart

They forgot the light grey bug. Robes are still not black like they were before 1.6.1 patch happened. And people who assumed they were making a brand new set are now starting to cry because they thought "appearance bug fixes" means brand new. Edited by Magnusheart

They forgot the light grey bug. Robes are still not black like they were before 1.6.1 patch happened. And people who assumed they were making a brand new set are now starting to cry because they thought "appearance bug fixes" means brand new.

I am fighting for the light grey bug fix. Not the KOTOR armor.

• Dev Post

Hey guys,

I wanted to add a bit of clarity to the post in this thread, and my update from this morning. This is all of the information I have about Revan's armor, what was or wasn't changed, and why. When we originally saw the double hood issue we also noted that it appeared there was a color difference in the armor between the player and NPC. Our plan was to mirror the NPC exactly for the player for consistency. When we fixed the double hood and we looked at the color palette, the armor sets were already identical in color so no change was actually required.

The issue that I think some players appear to be seeing is that the top portion of Revan's armor is not the same as the bottom or the "light grey bug." Interestingly, they are the exact same color. Yes, Revan's top may appear slightly lighter, but they are the same color, it is just a matter of how it is laying on the cloth (similar to how dye's can affect different armor pieces differently). The reason it appeared that the CM armor and NPC armor looked different is that you only typically see Revan in darker lighting, so his coloring looks a bit different then when you are running around in varying lights in the open world on your character.

When I said originally there would be a color shift along with the double hood, we were also under the impression it would require a color shift to appear the same as the NPC armor. Unfortunately after looking over the NPC armor it appears it was already the same color, so no color shift occurred.

I hope that clears things up and apologize for any confusion!

-eric