SPOILER Firebrand+JK

jauvtus

I think if they do say anything it will be a very very small throwaway line. Imperial Agent will have the most to say to her, but then not much more to keep the plot moving.

It's not that I expect too much, but considering they emphasize how story-centered is the game now, it would be nice if they paid attention to things like this. We had fun for a few hours at least :)

It's not that I expect too much, but considering they emphasize how story-centered is the game now, it would be nice if they paid attention to things like this. We had fun for a few hours at least :)

NPCs in the Chapters One to Three story didn't pay attention to the fact that my Agent was Rattataki just like Kaliyo, and kept using "the Rattataki" as a synonym for "Kaliyo" and never "Krallak"(1), so don't get your hopes up too much.

(1) My Agent, duh.

NPCs in the Chapters One to Three story didn't pay attention to the fact that my Agent was Rattataki just like Kaliyo, and kept using "the Rattataki" as a synonym for "Kaliyo" and never "Krallak"(1), so don't get your hopes up too much.

(1) My Agent, duh.

Yes, because they just call you 'agent' or 'Cypher Nine'. Referring to Kalyio by her race is probably because they have less 'respect' (And I use that term loosely) for her then they have for you.

(1) My Agent, duh.

Because it was obvious who they meant, also, Rattataki was not an Agent option to begin with. So, it's less a matter of paying attention to the story and more a matter of being lazy and going back and changing dialogue.

Because it was obvious who they meant, also, Rattataki was not an Agent option to begin with. So, it's less a matter of paying attention to the story and more a matter of being lazy and going back and changing dialogue.

Don't think they want to run the risk of introducing bugs

Don't think they want to run the risk of introducing bugs

This. There is one quest on Belsavis for the Bounty Hunter that is bugged like this. They are talking about the Rattataki and, no matter what your race is (mine is human), the middle response is "That's my species!". If you choose it you say something about Rattatak.

Of course it's obvious who they meant, because we know that games have this sort of problem, but it rings wrong to say it like that. Think: if it was set in the modern world, and you had an English companion, and your character was English, and both were male, wouldn't it sound odd for them to say, "The Englishman must wait outside."? The question is not whether it is decodable, but whether it sounds like a reasonable way to put it. All they had to do was write it as "Kaliyo Djannis must wait outside" or "Your partner must wait outside", either of which would have worked perfectly well no matter what the character's species.

This. There is one quest on Belsavis for the Bounty Hunter that is bugged like this. They are talking about the Rattataki and, no matter what your race is (mine is human), the middle response is "That's my species!". If you choose it you say something about Rattatak.

That sounds like a bug they would have had since the beginning then, as human was possible for all classes at start.

Of course it's obvious who they meant, because we know that games have this sort of problem, but it rings wrong to say it like that. Think: if it was set in the modern world, and you had an English companion, and your character was English, and both were male, wouldn't it sound odd for them to say, "The Englishman must wait outside."? The question is not whether it is decodable, but whether it sounds like a reasonable way to put it. All they had to do was write it as "Kaliyo Djannis must wait outside" or "Your partner must wait outside", either of which would have worked perfectly well no matter what the character's species.

Which goes back to what I said. Originally Rattatakki was not a race choice allowed to Agents.

Because of that, we just have to go with the, we know who they mean. Kinda like how if you play an alien, humans will go "Alien scum! Except for you of course."

It leads back to the inherent racism of the Empire. If you were in the south of the United States in the 1880's it wouldn't be unusual to hear (if you had a black companion) the "N****r" must wait outside".

It leads back to the inherent racism of the Empire. If you were in the south of the United States in the 1880's it wouldn't be unusual to hear (if you had a black companion) the "N****r" must wait outside".

Sure, but if you were also black, and you had to go in, they would have said something different, because both of you would have been N****rs, so that word wouldn't suffice to identify just the one who had to wait outside. (More likely at that time for them to have said "Negroes" but point taken.)