(Question) Tanking Relics, Stat Priority, and Augments

blakerocks

Hey guys, what relics do you use for Guardian Tanking? I have a 246 Defense Equip relic, 246 Shield Equip Relic, and a 242 Absorb Equip relic.

Curious as to what's best. Also, what stat priority do you guys use? I have been augmenting with 12 absorb and 2 shield.

Thanks guys!

Hey guys, what relics do you use for Guardian Tanking? I have a 246 Defense Equip relic, 246 Shield Equip Relic, and a 242 Absorb Equip relic.

Curious as to what's best. Also, what stat priority do you guys use? I have been augmenting with 12 absorb and 2 shield.

Thanks guys!

There are several thoughts on the relics. I sometimes go with shield amplification and reactive warding and other times just with the dps ones. I know one guy who even goes for the clicky tank relics because then he uses them as essentially an extra dcd (note this guy is a VG so can use all the defensive help he can get lol).

As for def/shield/absorb balance i go for the relatively simple route of warding b mods with low def/high endurance/high tertiary enhancements, augmenting so that shield and absorb are roughly equal. honestly I have no idea what is "ideal" any more but this works for me.

I'd recommend just taking dps relics, you get a decent bit of extra endurance and a little extra dps which isn't bad. If you really want to use tank relics, Shrouded Crusader is the best tanking relics, used on cooldown it's the best relic mitigation wise (except for reactive warding, which bugs with sorc shield and the shield from force scream), while you can also use it more as a tiny defensive cooldown. The second best is probably Shield Amp, since Fortunate Redoubt is pretty mediocre, and as I pointed out Reactive Warding can bug with both the sorc shield and the shield from force scream, making it sometimes worse than having no relic at all.

• 1 month later...

I'm just now revisiting my Guardian, so I had a look around the interwebs, asked a few questions from some excellent tanks I grouped with whilst running DPS, and then visited the GTN to get up to spec on gear and stats so I can then start tanking myself and grinding out set pieces. I will do the same for Vigilance at somepoint.

It's important to note I could've just bought a set of Eternal Commander gear from the vendors and used it, but that stats are far lower and the rate at which you level up in Galactic Command would leave me mishmashed, this way I can craft my stats to near where they should be and gain the set pieces as I level.

• A full set of Gemini MK-4 Bastion Implants, Earpiece and Force shield
  • A full set of Gemini MK-4 Asylum armour
  • Relics of Serendipitous Assault & Focused Retribution (I considered the defensive Relics and as they are cheap I will likely pick them up at somepoint the 'on use' clicky CD ones mind you)
  • Lightsaber: Advanced Resistive Hilt, Advanced Warding Mod, Advanced Bastion Enhancement
  • 1x Advanced Shield Augment (having one Shield rating augment takes me just over 50%)
  • 13x Advanced Absorb Augments (Absorb is woefully low, from 20% approx. Absorb with no augments, to 45% approx. Absorb with augments)

This lot cost me around 20,000,000 credits - which to me is acceptable to be able to hit 246 Item Rating.

In Defense spec, I am around 116k health, with 50% Shield, 45% approx. Absorb

Overall it works well, I just need to work on my tanking and use of CDs.

Cheers!

Edited by Farstrider