screenshots not working

Eveleria

I tried making screenshots but it doesn't work. I'm using win 10 and everything else works fine.

When I press the screenshot key it doesn't even look like it does anything at all.

I searched for possible solutions and already tried these:

- I checked the documents folder and there is a swtor folder with a screenshot folder inside

- rebind the screenshot key. I tried this several times restarting the game and trying again etc.

- starting the Launcher as admin, but I don't know how I can make sure the game starts with admin as well?

Maybe I just try running the game in window mode and make the ss with the print key from my desktop...

Any help would be appreciated.

I tried making screenshots but it doesn't work. I'm using win 10 and everything else works fine.

When I press the screenshot key it doesn't even look like it does anything at all.

I searched for possible solutions and already tried these:

- I checked the documents folder and there is a swtor folder with a screenshot folder inside

- rebind the screenshot key. I tried this several times restarting the game and trying again etc.

- starting the Launcher as admin, but I don't know how I can make sure the game starts with admin as well?

Maybe I just try running the game in window mode and make the ss with the print key from my desktop...

Any help would be appreciated.

Since you're on Windows 10, you can use the "XBox Live Game Bar" thing or whatever it is called. Press Win+Alt+PrtScr to capture the current screen. ("Win" means either Windows logo key, the ones next to Alt and Ctrl.)

This saves the screenshots in "PNG" (.png) format rather than JPEG (.jpg), and it saves them somewhere different, normally C:\Users\your-user-name\Videos\Captures . It also works better than the standard SWTOR screenshot function because it can capture images in cut-scenes, the character-select screen, normal game play, in the character-creation screenn, and even in the promotional trailer cinematics available from the character-select screen's menu.

Since you're on Windows 10, you can use the "XBox Live Game Bar" thing or whatever it is called. Press Win+Alt+PrtScr to capture the current screen. ("Win" means either Windows logo key, the ones next to Alt and Ctrl.)

This saves the screenshots in "PNG" (.png) format rather than JPEG (.jpg), and it saves them somewhere different, normally C:\Users\your-user-name\Videos\Captures . It also works better than the standard SWTOR screenshot function because it can capture images in cut-scenes, the character-select screen, normal game play, in the character-creation screenn, and even in the promotional trailer cinematics available from the character-select screen's menu.

I'm on Windows 10 and all I press is Win+PrtScr. The image is saved to C:\Users\{User}\Pictures\Screenshots. That may be because I'm not using the game bar.

Huh. OK, I'll give that a try myself.

On a lark I checked the game bar settings and Win+Alt+PrtScr is the default keybind to take a screen shot with the game bar, but it doesn't do anything when I press that combo. Probably because I turned off the game bar.

So, did you look inside the screenshot folder? :p (jk)

My SWTOR is "pinned" to the start bar, so I have no shortcut as such, but it does start in Admin mode.

To make sure it starts in admin mode, right-click on the Launcher shortcut (if you have one) and select Properties. Under the Security tab, check the box for "Run as Administrator".

You could also do this for Launcher.exe and swtor.exe, but neither of mine are checked and it still runs in Admin mode - and the screenshot key (PrintScreen) works just fine for me.

Thank you all for the tips, I will check out if win + print screen works for me. I will double check if I put it on admin as well. Maybe I just right clicked and chose start as admin but didn't change it permanently to admin.

You guys did solve it already, but just wanted to point out, you can also use ctrl+PrtScrn which makes a Copy of the screen, then I open Paintbrush and press Ctrl+V and it pastes the copied image. That way you have the screen already in your programe to cut out stuff etc.

You guys did solve it already, but just wanted to point out, you can also use ctrl+PrtScrn which makes a Copy of the screen, then I open Paintbrush and press Ctrl+V and it pastes the copied image. That way you have the screen already in your programe to cut out stuff etc.

I also do that for cutscenes.