Do you send a "whisper" or a "tell"? or other

DarthBloodloss

Old habits die hard...What do you call it when you send someone an instant message in SWTOR?

A "Whisper" as the game calls it, or a "Tell" from certain games of the past....or is there something else?

I always wonder if people know what I mean when I call it a "tell".... "Ok, I'll send you a tell when I'm done" etc

You see a lot of people, especially the Guild spammers, say to "pst" for an invite. Guess it's all to do with your experiences in other games. TOR says 'whisper' when you get one onscreen, but most people should understand 'tell' or 'PM'. I'm no MMO veteran or expert but I understand all of the different ways people ask for private messages. I just adjust to the game mechanics when in that game.

You see a lot of people, especially the Guild spammers, say to "pst" for an invite. Guess it's all to do with your experiences in other games. TOR says 'whisper' when you get one onscreen, but most people should understand 'tell' or 'PM'. I'm no MMO veteran or expert but I understand all of the different ways people ask for private messages. I just adjust to the game mechanics when in that game.

So PM is short for private message, Thanks, I knew it was the same as whisper but couldn't see what it stood for.

People seem to use whatever they want, even if the initials seem to make no sense.

Also there seems to be a dozen sets of accronyms for everything, sometimes the messages are so acronym filled you need a PHD in Gibberish just to figure out the vaguest sense of what they're asking.

Using "PST" is funny to me. It seems to be another habit that people can't break.

"Selling BlahBlah for 1mil credits. PST"

Yes....I am fully aware I must send you a message if I wish to buy your item....

"Looking for 2 more people to join XP group. PST"

Yes....I realize I must send you a message if I wish to join your group...

Using "PST" is funny to me. It seems to be another habit that people can't break.

"Selling BlahBlah for 1mil credits. PST"

Yes....I am fully aware I must send you a message if I wish to buy your item....

"Looking for 2 more people to join XP group. PST"

Yes....I realize I must send you a message if I wish to join your group...

I put PST at the end because often times people will reply in /1 chat and I have a habit of not catching what was said because I switch chat tabs back to guild once I send out my spam.