Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Hi guys, long time no see!

It's good that this thread is still going strong! :D

I've found some really nice Quinn fanarts (though maybe you've seen them already):

Grumpy Quinn in the morning - before coffee :D

https://hu.pinterest.com/pin/324962929357369231/

That look! OMG!

https://66.media.tumblr.com/e153c29b915aa11a7898635c420144f4/tumblr_p8iz07jkqM1x1x33to1_1280.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/85/95/a5/8595a5d657261b3ef105ef65c1acb20d.jpg

Hello! Gosh those are all so beautiful, I hadn't seen any, thank you.

Also, the republic killed Quinn's father but I can't remember what source I read that from

Hello! Gosh those are all so beautiful, I hadn't seen any, thank you.

Also, the republic killed Quinn's father but I can't remember what source I read that from

I remember coming across that kernel of info too somewhere. Wasn't that mentioned in the companion write up on the forum? I'm gonna have to hunt for that to see...

Oh, yeah, ok, the dialogue bit is coming back to me now a bit about resigning, and the prisoner part. I should maybe run one through the game just to see how the other half live. :) I guess that really does show how much he loves the SW if he's willing to quit a lifetime of politics and beliefs. Honestly, I didn't think he would quit the Empire, because he does seem such an ingrained Imperial.

My romanced-Warrior went Empire during Iokath. Not from any specific loyalty to Acina, nor even to the Empire itself. Rather, my own Lusiel saw Quinn's presence in that particular instance as an outright threat to him, by Acina. Basically, he was there for Acina to show what leverage she had against my Warrior, in fact. IOW, it was two Sith jockeying for a very particular result. Lucky for Acina, retrieving Quinn's life away from Acina's grasp was more important to my girl than currying favor with a Republic that had already proved untrustworthy.

But then I played Iokath with my light-side Marauder. He too viewed Quinn's presence as an overt threat from Acina. Rather than acceding to her attempt at control, however, Sariel scoffed and threw his lot in with the Republic. For him, it was a blatant in-your-face refusal to be controlled by Acina or the Sith Empire. And in the end, Quinn repudiated Acina and the Empire, in lieu of supporting the Warrior who'd won his loyalty away from Baras years earlier.

Both possible choices make sense in light of the story. Although in both instances, what becomes obvious is that Quinn's loyalty is first and foremost to the Sith Warrior he serves, as it was to Baras at one time. And Acina never won that much of his loyalty, not ever. I tend to believe he only served Acina inasmuch it would get him closer or return him to the Warrior, in fact. I also think his loyalty to the Empire slowly crumbled during the years he was consistently turned away and then finally imprisoned for trying to rescue the Warrior, too.

My romanced-Warrior went Empire during Iokath. Not from any specific loyalty to Acina, nor even to the Empire itself. Rather, my own Lusiel saw Quinn's presence in that particular instance as an outright threat to him, by Acina. Basically, he was there for Acina to show what leverage she had against my Warrior, in fact. IOW, it was two Sith jockeying for a very particular result. Lucky for Acina, retrieving Quinn's life away from Acina's grasp was more important to my girl than currying favor with a Republic that had already proved untrustworthy.

But then I played Iokath with my light-side Marauder. He too viewed Quinn's presence as an overt threat from Acina. Rather than acceding to her attempt at control, however, Sariel scoffed and threw his lot in with the Republic. For him, it was a blatant in-your-face refusal to be controlled by Acina or the Sith Empire. And in the end, Quinn repudiated Acina and the Empire, in lieu of supporting the Warrior who'd won his loyalty away from Baras years earlier.

Both possible choices make sense in light of the story. Although in both instances, what becomes obvious is that Quinn's loyalty is first and foremost to the Sith Warrior he serves, as it was to Baras at one time. And Acina never won that much of his loyalty, not ever. I tend to believe he only served Acina inasmuch it would get him closer or return him to the Warrior, in fact. I also think his loyalty to the Empire slowly crumbled during the years he was consistently turned away and then finally imprisoned for trying to rescue the Warrior, too.

This is a great take on Quinn's return in Iokath. I agree wholeheartedly with your final paragraph summing up Quinn's loyalty being to the warrior and why. He must have felt so let down by the Empire when they washed their hands of the missing warrior; a Darth who was declared the Empire's Wrath who had been so highly thought of by the Empire and Dark Council previously. Quinn survived exile on Balmorra, however he to spend 5/6 years imprisoned by his own for trying to rescue someone who was once so highly thought of by both the Empire and the Sith (as well as his close colleague or wife depending on your choices) must have been devastating. Whilst he doesn't specifically state he has left the Empire if you side with Acina, he does say that he dedicates himself to being by your side. I took this to mean that he aligns himself with the Alliance rather than the Empire.

Hey there :) Nice to see you again. I love your take on things, and how Acina having Quinn there was a threat, it makes perfect sense, and I could totally see her using him to try and get an upper hand over the SW. And given all Quinn had endured, I can see it. I also don't think he'd give Acina more than necessary and was likely using the opportunity to get a chance at more info about the Sith Warrior, which thankfully paid off. You have a really wonderful take there. :)

Anyone have Quinn disappear on them since starting Ossus? I have a few weird bugs (Pierce and Broonmark available and unavailable, I also got alliance alerts for both light and dark Jaesa) but when I started Ossus I lost Quinn from my list of available contacts and now he's in limbo under 'companions' like I never did Iokath to get him back and I can't get him from the terminal. (Koth is also in weird companion limbo now but I can return him.)

I'm so cranky, I can't play my Warrior without Quinn at his side. :(

Anyone have Quinn disappear on them since starting Ossus? I have a few weird bugs (Pierce and Broonmark available and unavailable, I also got alliance alerts for both light and dark Jaesa) but when I started Ossus I lost Quinn from my list of available contacts and now he's in limbo under 'companions' like I never did Iokath to get him back and I can't get him from the terminal. (Koth is also in weird companion limbo now but I can return him.)

I'm so cranky, I can't play my Warrior without Quinn at his side. :(

So far so good, though I haven't checked all my Warriors. This Dev post in this thread asks you to report any companion issues after the earlier fix.

So far so good, though I haven't checked all my Warriors. This Dev post in this thread asks you to report any companion issues after the earlier fix.

Yeah I've sent bug reports over this and the other things I've experienced, I'm just a little upset that my Warrior has now lost his main companion. I'm glad you didn't have that problem so far. Though I wonder if it's because of my choice on Iokath as I still have Elara available.

Yeah I've sent bug reports over this and the other things I've experienced, I'm just a little upset that my Warrior has now lost his main companion. I'm glad you didn't have that problem so far. Though I wonder if it's because of my choice on Iokath as I still have Elara available.

I'm not sure what choice you're referring to on Iokath, but if you didn't kill him (and it doesn't seem like you did) then it must be a bug and I sure don't envy you :( Let us us know if anything changes - if he reappears or what.

Of course, I tried replacing Anri (is that Lana in a twilek suit? Sounds a lot like her) for Quinn as soon as possible and luckily I still had him available.. I just wish he was allowed to stay in my cutscenes. Oh well, this is the game now - always feeling a little lonely w/out our main companions, whoever they happen to be.

I'm enjoying the story so far, more or less. Not very far along yet, but have no major complaints/problems to report. Other than stillllll not having the companion of choice with me, and also feeling a bit like an outsider in my own faction. Hopefully that feeling passes as I get farther along.

Edited by grania

I'm not sure what choice you're referring to on Iokath, but if you didn't kill him (and it doesn't seem like you did) then it must be a bug and I sure don't envy you :( Let us us know if anything changes - if he reappears or what.

Of course, I tried replacing Anri (is that Lana in a twilek suit? Sounds a lot like her) for Quinn as soon as possible and luckily I still had him available.. I just wish he was allowed to stay in my cutscenes. Oh well, this is the game now - always feeling a little lonely w/out our main companions, whoever they happen to be.

I'm enjoying the story so far, more or less. Not very far along yet, but have no major complaints/problems to report. Other than stillllll not having the companion of choice with me, and also feeling a bit like an outsider in my own faction. Hopefully that feeling passes as I get farther along.

I mean, I'm just wondering if I've lost him because I picked Republic on Iokath and the game confused itself. I still have Elara available so Quinn by all rights should be available. It would explain the weird Schrodinger's faction leader I have where both Acina and Malcom are dead like it defaulted my Iokath choices to faction/dark specific and got confused. I've no idea. I just hope they patch this soon. Doesn't explain why Koth is also in limbo but I'm more worried about Quinn going awol. :(

Okay I have some non spoilery Ossus screen shots with our favorite gentleman ;)

Ossus Quinn Sight Seeing

Ossus Quinn Sight Seeing 2

Ossus Quinn Sight Seeing 3

Ossus Quinn Sight Seeing 4

Ossus Quinn Sight Seeing 5

Enjoy :)

Beautiful! I was too afraid to try story content today, so I just puttered. Love the outfit on your Warrior. I might borrow some inspiration from it...

Beautiful! I was too afraid to try story content today, so I just puttered. Love the outfit on your Warrior. I might borrow some inspiration from it...

Glad you liked, actually that is my Inquisitor, she was the only one that was far enough in the story and was the one I was not afraid of messing anything major up on since she had no affected romances by doing this. If you want names of the pieces used in the outfit let me know can help you out :)

I got this letter from my Jedi Knight after she rejoined the Republic on Ossus by mistake, but figured someone might want to see it. This is the letter that Quinn sends you as a Republic toon if you sided with the Empire on Iokath. My Knight did not, but she did impatience terminal him.

Quinn Appology

***? :eek: Did you actually lose Quinn as a companion after getting that letter? I've only done Ossus on my Inq so far and she sided with the Empire and chose Empire for Ossus so Quinn is still her companion. The former republic alliance characters I have on her sent letters saying they still support the alliance but won't help with any "kill-all-reps" type endeavours). I have several republic characters who I'd much prefer to keep Quinn on. I really don't want to do Ossus on my main Warrior who chose to side with the republic now as it may all go to hell Quinn-wise but curiosity makes me want to. The trauma of it all!

So i fired up the forums and this is one of the first places I checked, because I knew if some gosh-awful bug or thing was happening with our comps, you guys would be talking about it! But I have some questions.

Can anyone tell me if Theron's break-up mission for SW's was ever fixed? Last I knew, warriors who had romanced both Theron and Quinn were stuck with two-timing both of them because Theron's break-up wouldn't trigger after having gotten back together with Quinn.

I still haven't put my SW through all of KOTET. I just got fed up with the way companions and story have been handled and left. But the promise of a new planet, new dailies, and <drum roll> two actual storylines, has me wanting to come back. But tell me, is it true that there are really two separate storylines for Imp and Pub or did I misunderstand?

I see some people aren't getting their Quinn's back by the end of the story. Is it only those who sided with the republic or is it a random bug?

Is there some place where someone has catalogued all the companions - who has returned and HOW? I'd like to know who returns in a chapter/story mission and who returns in an alliance alert. I'm not up on all the latest returns.

Does anyone know exactly how the autocomplete works? Is it an all or nothing thing or can you complete some of the story missions and not others, only getting default choices for the ones you didn't do? I know that KOTFE and KOTET each have to be completed in their entirety before moving on or all previous choices get wiped. Are the newest "chapters" free of this restriction?

I'm glad they are letting people skip to the latest stuff, but it's a terrible decision that I'm stuck making on all my chars. My JK for example, won't be able to access the new dailies, and any new gear or rep, because I refuse to put her through the new stuff when I don't know what the story consequences will be with Scourge. (Look what happened with troopers and Elara!) I like that chars can skip the slog that is Fallen Empire, but I don't always like the consequences of the autocomplete. :(

Edited by CloudCastle

***? :eek: Did you actually lose Quinn as a companion after getting that letter? I've only done Ossus on my Inq so far and she sided with the Empire and chose Empire for Ossus so Quinn is still her companion. The former republic alliance characters I have on her sent letters saying they still support the alliance but won't help with any "kill-all-reps" type endeavours). I have several republic characters who I'd much prefer to keep Quinn on. I really don't want to do Ossus on my main Warrior who chose to side with the republic now as it may all go to hell Quinn-wise but curiosity makes me want to. The trauma of it all!

My knight technically would have never gotten him in the first place. She sided with the Republic on Iokath. But Quinn is still in my companion list. His note says he joined and did not join, is fun times.

So i fired up the forums and this is one of the first places I checked, because I knew if some gosh-awful bug or thing was happening with our comps, you guys would be talking about it! But I have some questions.

Can anyone tell me if Theron's break-up mission for SW's was ever fixed? Last I knew, warriors who had romanced both Theron and Quinn were stuck with two-timing both of them because Theron's break-up wouldn't trigger after having gotten back together with Quinn.

I still haven't put my SW through all of KOTET. I just got fed up with the way companions and story have been handled and left. But the promise of a new planet, new dailies, and <drum roll> two actual storylines, has me wanting to come back. But tell me, is it true that there are really two separate storylines for Imp and Pub or did I misunderstand?

I see some people aren't getting their Quinn's back by the end of the story. Is it only those who sided with the republic or is it a random bug?

Is there some place where someone has catalogued all the companions - who has returned and HOW? I'd like to know who returns in a chapter/story mission and who returns in an alliance alert. I'm not up on all the latest returns.

Does anyone know exactly how the autocomplete works? Is it an all or nothing thing or can you complete some of the story missions and not others, only getting default choices for the ones you didn't do? I know that KOTFE and KOTET each have to be completed in their entirety before moving on or all previous choices get wiped. Are the newest "chapters" free of this restriction?

I'm glad they are letting people skip to the latest stuff, but it's a terrible decision that I'm stuck making on all my chars. My JK for example, won't be able to access the new dailies, and any new gear or rep, because I refuse to put her through the new stuff when I don't know what the story consequences will be with Scourge. (Look what happened with troopers and Elara!) I like that chars can skip the slog that is Fallen Empire, but I don't always like the consequences of the autocomplete. :(

Hey Cloud! Nice to see you again. <3

Hmm, to answer your questions...sadly, I don't know the answers to all of them, but I'll do my best.

My SW didn't romance Theron and stayed exclusively loyal to Quinn the whole time. So I'm not sure if the break up with Theron works for SW. It worked well enough for SI, when Andronikos came back though.

There are actually two stories, one republic and one imperial in the new update. You can also work as a 'saboteur'. So if you're a JK who has chosen to ally with the Empire, you can do pesky things to set the Republic back and vice versa with Imperial characters who choose the opposite of their originating side.

I don't know of a catalogue, but I'll do my best to remember:

SW: Jaesa: AA, Vette: Chapter, Quinn: Chapter (Iokath), Pierce: AA with PVP unless you're a warrior, Broonie: AA

SI: Andronikos: AA, Ashara: AA, Khem: AA with new romance (for real), Talos: Chapter (i think) Xalek: AA

IA: Kaliyo:Chapter, Vector: AA, Scorpio: Chapters (several) Lokin:AA Temple:Chapter (Copero)

BH: Mako: AA, Blizz: AA, Skadge: (Full on romance chapter with companion customizations). LOL. Sorry, jk. AA. Gault: Chapter shared with Vette, Torian: Chapter with Mandolorians.

JC: Qyzen: AA, Cedrax/Holiday: MIA, Zenith: MIA, Iresso:AA, Nadia: Combo Chapter and AA

JK: Kira: To be returned in 6.0 I think. Scourge: See Kira. Doc: Chapter and AA combo, T7:Chapters (several) Rusk: AA

Smug: Corso and Risha: returned by shared AA, Bowdaar, AA I think tied to Eternal Championship battle ring, Guss: AA. Akaavi: Returned in shared chapter with Mako

Trooper: Vik: He was in a chapter, but I believe not returned owing to his VA having passed away. Aric: Returned with full on chapter, Elara: Returned by chapter with Malavai Quinn (is possible to lose her with DS choices) M1-4X: returned by AA requiring PVP unless you're a trooper. Yuun: AA

And for those who wish they can romance Arcann via an AA if they didn't kill him.

Koth romance is minimal, basically cut short, and happens only in chapters.

Theron has a death option on Nathema but did appear for those who didn't kill him.

Lana appears all the time, no death option.

Autocomplete to my knowledge (I've not tried it) works in that if you're Republic it autofills with Light side choices. If you're Empire, then Dark Side choices. Sadly you can't pick and choose or skip some and do others chapters.

As for consequences with Scourge, I don't think there really are any. He's supposed to return as part of the expansion story that will come with 6.0 is my understanding, together with Kira. I hope this helps, and if anyone else can elaborate, feel free to do so. :)

Edited by Lunafox

My knight technically would have never gotten him in the first place. She sided with the Republic on Iokath. But Quinn is still in my companion list. His note says he joined and did not join, is fun times.

It really has gone to hell with companions! My Jedi Knight who did get Quinn via Iokath has nothing in his bio about him joining the alliance. I've yet to finish Ossus on her so I'll see what Quinn has to say in his letter (though she's in it primarily for the Docness - acquiring Quinn on that JK was sheer indulgence :D).

<everything you asked>

Hello again!

I saw Lunafox has answered most of your questions so I won't repeat it all again. I hope you get that Quinn/Theron bug sorted; I think it's a known issue so it could be a while.

As for the new story, you do indeed get two separate stories for Imperial/Republic. I've yet to be asked to do anything saboteur-ish on my JK who sided with the Empire but I've literally only done the opening scenes & collected the first quest on her so that may come up as I do more of the story.

Edit: If you want your original class stories romances to be rekindled during/after kotfe/kotet/iokath then you WILL need to do those story lines or the romances won't be locked in. Going off Quinn topic slightly, the only story issue I really have is with autocomplete and Khem Val; what happens with him if you auto complete? Would you end up with Khem Val or Zash Val? There are some class romances I really like so I will avoid auto complete on Troopers (for Aric), Warriors (for Quinn), SoR/kotfe (if I intend for a character to romance Theron for the back story of his romance), JKs who romance Doc, BHs who romance Torian and kotfe/kotet on any character that romances Koth. I'm avoiding auto complete on any Inq alts purely for the potential Khem Val issue as I do not want Zash Val.

Edited by Sarova