SWTOR Holiday Update

CourtneyWoods

This depends on your definition of Story. If you are referring to class stories, then yes that has come to an end, Bioware has made it very clear they do not plan on going back there. However story is not just class, its about the world that is created and how does your character effect the world. Makeb is a good example of this as we see how imperial players help bring about the Return of Imperial domination or we see how Republic players are involved in the securing of newly found resources like CZ198. I think too many people got caught up with class stories (myslef included) but based off of bioware's statements it's clear that class stories are not sustainable in an MMO. Now its about the group work and people getting together to fight for their faction. The 4th pillar is still here its just been modified from how it was originally planned.

The problem is, the way the current faction stories are being written all events that took place in the class chapters are totally irrelevant. Most of the individual character of the characters was wiped out as well. None of our characters are doing the things they should be doing or doing them in the way they would do them. The characters we invested in no longer exist, instead we have generic Empire grunts and generic Republic grunts doing generic grunt work. The generic faction stories are better than no stories at all, but they are far less satisfying than seeing how each of our classes would approach the war.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the warning about double xp so that I can be sure to unsubscribe before then. I really do not like being forced to participate in this and will avoid logging in during that time.

What sucked the most was when I had subscribed for a 6 month block and then had double xp weekends arrive. Customer service wasn't even able to cancel my account early. I did not care about the lost money. I just didn't want to be subscribed during double xp. I felt like I had wasted my money.

In short, I want to play during double xp weekends with the option to get not get any bonus xp from anything. I do not like being forced to participate in double xp weekends. I feel like no one listens though.

Thank you for the warning about double xp so that I can be sure to unsubscribe before then. I really do not like being forced to participate in this and will avoid logging in during that time.

What sucked the most was when I had subscribed for a 6 month block and then had double xp weekends arrive. Customer service wasn't even able to cancel my account early. I did not care about the lost money. I just didn't want to be subscribed during double xp. I felt like I had wasted my money.

In short, I want to play during double xp weekends with the option to get not get any bonus xp from anything. I do not like being forced to participate in double xp weekends. I feel like no one listens though.

Oh look it's one of these "I'm forced to do things" posts. :rolleyes:

No one is listening. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. You can level like 18 toons as a sub. Put the toon that you are working on down for 4 days and try a new class during the xp event and then erase it if all you do is level alts. Or play a 55 and gain no xp.

The reality is that out of 365 calendar days you get like 350 with no xp bonus. For the rest of us that find leveling our 5th+ toon a drag and are just doing it because we want to play that class at end game, then please bear with us while we get 3 or 4 days like 3 times a year to level our toon up a bit faster.

And if you really want the truth, then you should stay unsubbed so that you are only at 100% xp level so that it is completely accurate and takes you even longer. Because as has been shown over and over again on the forums with math, subscribers are already getting over 100% xp from the get go. So if you consider an xp bonus cheating or whatever, then you are cheating by subbing.

Edited by Dawginole

Lol! Just goes to show you can't please everyone. And to be honest you shouldn't try. A vast majority will be very happy with double xp weekend and have been asking for it.

So I could've gotten my name back on my server, but because the damn juggernaut is level 32, it's a no go???

K.

Thanks for nothing.

I mean, it's not like frickin', you coulda warned us about the name priority during the forced transfers period. Otherwise I would've kept my main on my original server to secure it. Instead of losing it to a bunch of inactives like EVERYONE who voluntarily transferred did.

Edited by Aikiyc

Ahahahahaha, ohohohoho.... haha... ha.. huh.

LMAO.

Besides double xp, and possibly rested xp, there is nothing about swtor that I do not like. From what I can tell the majority of people do like double xp weekends, but there are a number of us that do not like being forced to participate in double xp weekends. The game basically plays itself at that point.

There are many reasons that people do not like double xp. What irks me is that people get so upset that some people merely ask to be able to turn off the double xp for their character when this has no effect on the rest of the players that do want to participate in double xp weekends.

Oh look it's one of these "I'm forced to do things" posts.

As you can see there really is a segment of the gaming community that does not like to be leveled artificially or faster than necessary.

No one is listening.

yes you are apparently. I repeat myself in the hopes that one day I will get a reply from the developers as to whether or not they will allow those of us that do not like double xp to be able to turn it off for the duration so that we can enjoy the game like it was designed to be played.

And if you really want the truth, then you should stay unsubbed so that you are only at 100% xp level so that it is completely accurate and takes you even longer. Because as has been shown over and over again on the forums with math, subscribers are already getting over 100% xp from the get go. So if you consider an xp bonus cheating or whatever, then you are cheating by subbing.

It is actually 80% if I am unsubbed and that is actually welcome, but during double xp weekends I get double xp whether I am subscribed or not! Rested xp is tolerable, but I prefer to not have it if given the option.

Another alternative is to be able to turn off xp altogether. That would be a great option too. I would be willing to pay a little extra to be able to turn off xp gains.

Lol! Just goes to show you can't please everyone. And to be honest you shouldn't try. A vast majority will be very happy with double xp weekend and have been asking for it.

I am not against double xp weekends! I just don't want to be a part of it. I want to be able to debuff my double xp buff. You can't please everyone, but this is an easy fix to implement and won't affect anyone that does want to participate in double xp. A version already exists with subscribers versus non subscribers.

Besides double xp, and possibly rested xp, there is nothing about swtor that I do not like. From what I can tell the majority of people do like double xp weekends, but there are a number of us that do not like being forced to participate in double xp weekends. The game basically plays itself at that point.

There are many reasons that people do not like double xp. What irks me is that people get so upset that some people merely ask to be able to turn off the double xp for their character when this has no effect on the rest of the players that do want to participate in double xp weekends.

As you can see there really is a segment of the gaming community that does not like to be leveled artificially or faster than necessary.

yes you are apparently. I repeat myself in the hopes that one day I will get a reply from the developers as to whether or not they will allow those of us that do not like double xp to be able to turn it off for the duration so that we can enjoy the game like it was designed to be played.

It is actually 80% if I am unsubbed and that is actually welcome, but during double xp weekends I get double xp whether I am subscribed or not! Rested xp is tolerable, but I prefer to not have it if given the option.

Another alternative is to be able to turn off xp altogether. That would be a great option too. I would be willing to pay a little extra to be able to turn off xp gains.

I am not against double xp weekends! I just don't want to be a part of it. I want to be able to debuff my double xp buff. You can't please everyone, but this is an easy fix to implement and won't affect anyone that does want to participate in double xp. A version already exists with subscribers versus non subscribers.

Nono, because the feature of turning off experience would only do one thing: Twinks ruining low level PvP constantly.

Really, just play your lvl 55 for a couple of days and stop beeing unreasonable. Heck, take a break from the game if you dont like the event. Its such a short time that what you are demanding here is ridiculed by everyone because it is ridiculous. You are not forced to play as you say. Its an option to level of character or not. If you play your max level character you are not affected by it. Surely its not much to ask for. Do it for the rest of us, will you?

Edited by Nemmar

Nono, because the feature of turning off experience would only do one thing: Twinks ruining low level PvP constantly.

Really, just play your lvl 55 for a couple of days and stop beeing unreasonable. Heck, take a break from the game if you dont like the event. Its such a short time that what you are demanding here is ridiculed by everyone because it is ridiculous. You are not forced to play as you say. Its an option to level of character or not. If you play your max level character you are not affected by it. Surely its not much to ask for. Do it for the rest of us, will you?

Out of all of the weeks this year there is always 'that guy' in the weeks between last double xp that wants xp tured off..

Why are you rehashing the Gree Event? I'd be surprised if there are many people that haven't max rep for this event and wonder what it brings to the game that we see it rehashed every few months. If you have to rehash content can't we have the rakghoul plague back or even a rebranded acquisitions race?

The last time the Gree event was live I didn't make it to level 50 in time to try it out. I, for one, have been waiting anxiously for it to come back so I can see it and start leveling that rep. So be surprised if you must, but I have yet to even see the Gree event, better yet to max it. Thank you, Devs, for bringing it back!

Look, I just don't want to be a part of double xp weekends. I have one character that is level 55. You are saying I should not play any of my other characters for the duration? What about all the other times of the year when this goes on? I knew when they first started doing this that it was going to happen more and more often. I do not do pvp either. I just want to enjoy the game play the way it was meant to be enjoyed. Double xp is an event like many others. The only difference is that I have no choice and must participate if I want to play the game at all. Even if I do play my level 55 character I still get double legacy xp and I prefer to get my legacy xp the traditional way.

I will take a break from the game like I have every other time double xp has been implemented, but I didn't like it. How is asking for the option to turn off double xp (let alone turning off xp gains altogether) an unreasonable request? I don't care if other people get double xp during these weekends. Enjoy! I just want to enjoy the storylines the normal way without the game carrying my hand like I'm some 8 year old that is playing his first mmo.

This is why I subscribe by the month now so that I am not burned like I was when I subscribed for 6 months and then had to endure nearly a month of double xp weekends. I am glad to be given forewarning that these things are coming so that I can be sure to be unsubscribed for the duration so that I do not feel like I am wasting my money. Some of those double xp weekends can go on for a few weeks.

Do it for the rest of us, will you?

Again, how does my leveling at the normal rate while everyone else gets double xp weekends make life so miserable for everyone or anyone?

the problem is, the way the current faction stories are being written all events that took place in the class chapters are totally irrelevant. Most of the individual character of the characters was wiped out as well. None of our characters are doing the things they should be doing or doing them in the way they would do them. The characters we invested in no longer exist, instead we have generic empire grunts and generic republic grunts doing generic grunt work. The generic faction stories are better than no stories at all, but they are far less satisfying than seeing how each of our classes would approach the war.

this!

Thanks for the update on the next couple of months and i love the changes. looking forwards to double xp. However....I was really hoping for a fun event for the holidays, ive played a few other older games like SWG and EQ2, not trying to compare games. But i really think we need something new and fun, to grind out. So far the Gree and bounty events will come back, dont get me wrong...i like doing them, but i am waiting for something really cool for a event. still cant find no haunted house or a city over come with Rakghouls aka (zombies). i do miss the Rakghoul pleg that was fun, and as for that goes...probable in the SW universe. Anyways catch u on the blip side.