Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vig/Veng leap should be usable in melee range and double as root breaker

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Vig/Veng leap should be usable in melee range and double as root breaker

wadecounty
04.29.2018 , 04:33 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
Even mercs aren't supposed to be mercs, so to speak. OR are you saying their defenses are fair compared to what half of other classes have?
Well he also called us a DPS burst class. My point was for Vig/Veng, which is definitely not a burst spec. Even when it was a 3 second Ravage, it wasn't although it had some burst, but now, Vig/Veng is one of the least bursty specs in the game, the only 20k+ attack you can get is Impale and you usually need stacks of Pooled Hatred to see that, and its only an auto crit once a minute.
Kandel - Juggernaut Lef - Guardian
Nyeetra - Assassin Milarra - Sage
Lendros - Mercenary Jakor - Vanguard
Iseline - Operative Lysandere - Gunslinger

Kazz_Devlin
04.29.2018 , 04:54 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
Even mercs aren't supposed to be mercs, so to speak. OR are you saying their defenses are fair compared to what half of other classes have?
hell no! Just seems EVERYONE wants to play an I win class. I.e beable to put out Pure DPS spec type DPS yet avoid being a glass cannon makes peeps that play mara's and assassins moot why play a glass cannon spec and do huge DPS when I can play an I win class and achieve the same thing with less deaths

Kazz_Devlin
04.29.2018 , 05:19 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
You know, I agree with that jug should be less mobile but it should be made up with their ability to stay alive longer than others in that case. Right now they're a cannon fodder and less viable than pt dps.
I'm fine with that as long as they reduce your DPS the longer you live the less DPS you do otherwise your no different than merc's. If you want to be a hybrid Tank+DPS your DPS gets cut in half Pure DPS spec's are suppose to be glass cannons. This is why Merc's and snipers break trinity!

KendraP
04.30.2018 , 08:11 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
I'm fine with that as long as they reduce your DPS the longer you live the less DPS you do otherwise your no different than merc's. If you want to be a hybrid Tank+DPS your DPS gets cut in half Pure DPS spec's are suppose to be glass cannons. This is why Merc's and snipers break trinity!
You do realize the discussion we were having at that point was a comparison to MARAs right?

I.e. the class thats supposed to be a glass cannon thats currently better than us in every way?

Gyronamics
04.30.2018 , 10:24 AM | #35
It's been bugging me.

What exactly are people thinking about when they call maras a "glass cannon".

You can go back as far as you want, were they ever a fragile class.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Kazz_Devlin
05.01.2018 , 08:14 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
It's been bugging me.

What exactly are people thinking about when they call maras a "glass cannon".

You can go back as far as you want, were they ever a fragile class.
yeah once DCD's are gone same as sins

Kazz_Devlin
05.01.2018 , 08:21 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
You do realize the discussion we were having at that point was a comparison to MARAs right?

I.e. the class thats supposed to be a glass cannon thats currently better than us in every way?
yes but i was referring to the jug DPS jugs to be exact they as well as mara's and sins and mercs should all be glass cannons unless peeps are ok playing a hybrid class which should then have their DPS reduced since they aren't a pure DPS spec they are a hybrid

isn't mara getting addressed next update???

KendraP
05.02.2018 , 03:25 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazz_Devlin View Post
yes but i was referring to the jug DPS jugs to be exact they as well as mara's and sins and mercs should all be glass cannons unless peeps are ok playing a hybrid class which should then have their DPS reduced since they aren't a pure DPS spec they are a hybrid

isn't mara getting addressed next update???
Are you seriously clumping dps guardians in the same category as mercs or even maras? I suppose you're another "selt heal is op, maras are thus fine" person?

I do happen to think that all the currently better performing survivability wise specs could use some survivability nerfs.

If you really think guardian dps is a hybrid tank in pvp, god help you. Its squisher than both of the "pure" dps classes - mara and sniper.

On the damage numbers front, i do think guardians should have better survivability but less damage than a mara. Currently we're lower in both. And unless they dramatically overbuff focused defense tomorrow it will remain that way.

Guardians get a probably slight buff in the fix to the scale of focused defense (which again, i feel obliged to point out, has been over a year coming). Focus gets a DR buff that will leave it as a joke in comparison to concentration.

Which brings us to maras. The damage nerf is prsctically negligible if my guildie is to be believed. And if i understand the description properly they're losing one of their cc imunities, but its becoming a still powerful DCD. I dont mara, so this comes from guildies and the thread on them.

we'll know for sure tomorrow, but my guess is the status quo is maintained.

Alec_Fortescue
05.03.2018 , 10:46 AM | #39
It's pretty sad when we get actually clueless people that don't even pvp drop in here and pretend that they know what current meta is and gloat how good jug dps are. They're even lagging behind in dps as well as survivability, that's simply truth and there are statistics for it.

KendraP
05.03.2018 , 01:03 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
It's pretty sad when we get actually clueless people that don't even pvp drop in here and pretend that they know what current meta is and gloat how good jug dps are. They're even lagging behind in dps as well as survivability, that's simply truth and there are statistics for it.
Focus certainly especially by comparison to sents.

Dps wise vigi is fine, and better than focus defensively. Still underwhelming compared to mara in my opinion. But certainly more debatable.