Grade nine mission

Amunra-amunray

I have all crew skills to 450 and max affection on most of those who i send out on missions and the companions whom i use are usually either crit or efficient at that particular crew skill and yet i may get a crit once or two a week from that character's companion.

*side note* I also posted issues about this Random Number Generator for my damage output for my mercenary under classes.

However, it seems more than just a simple fix with this issues and i have tried all type of combinations of attaining the crit with the grade nine missions. Such as only one or two companions out. or send one out then later send another.

I have tried fighting with them on certain planets and then sending them out.

Aboard my ship.

I rarely get Thermal Regulators or Mytag Crystals or Berylius etc. the items i need.

And grade four purple never come around and if they do it only 2 purple items.

I am open to understanding what i need to do or if there is a fix for my account to resolve these issues.

I am open to understanding what i need to do or if there is a fix for my account to resolve these issues.

There is nothing to be "fixed" on an individual basis; all you can do is keep plugging away. Three things to remember:

• even with the best chance of success (companion with +5 crit and max affection gives you a 25% of success; but the mission skills [uT, TH, Dip, and Slicing] only have at best +2% companions) your chance of failure is three times that of your chance to succeed.
  • No attempt affects the results of any other attempt; every time you run a mission you have a fixed chance to succeed
  • random does not equate to even; in random sets clusters happen

Also, you might want to track your data and post it. Just remember that anything below several hundred attempts is going to be classified as a small sample. Back in October 2013 I tracked close to 1500 missions run and the crit chance fell within a reasonable margin of error of the expected result. More recently, I tracked Reverse Engineering chance while leveling two different crafting skills and in just over 700 attempts, the overall RE chance was as dead on as can be expected.

Lastly, I have a couple of adages you might want to consider:

• A watched pot never boils; when you feel you need something to happen is the time when it feels like it takes forever.
  • Failure to plan is planning to fail; run missions not because you need something today, but because you might need it in the future.

To alleviate these issues, buy off the GTN to fulfill immediate needs (it never ceases to amaze me: I buy some materials and the next mission I run crits :)). And along these lines, market watch for deals and buy even when you don't need but simply because the price is right.

On your side note: IIRC one of the things that 2.7 and beyond is bringing are changes to the "proc dependent" classes and specs; abilities that proc buffs today will generate stacks of that buff, and when you hit a certain number of stacks the formerly proc effect will be available.