So again, this is not misleading by any means?

andrelle

So on the front page we see this:

Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game!

Read More...

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111213

In this article, it does say the following "Early Game Access will still be staggered, allowing blocks of players in at a time to ensure a quality experience for everyone."

But it is not specific. It does not say, if you ordered prior to this month, you have an opportunity to play the full 5 days of early access. It does not say if you ordered now, you may only get 1 to 2 days of early access.

What it does say is this:

"There’s still time for you to get in on Early Game Access before it ends so pre-order your copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic right now!"

How much early access time will these people get?

So explain to me how this doesn't mislead you into purchasing the game right now, only to find you won't be playing until Friday or later.

Why isn't early access closed now? Purchasing now gets you no benefit. Its just a marketing ploy. It was a ploy a few months ago, and its a ploy now. That's all it is, a ploy to get you to purchase. Really, if this isn't just to collect as many purchases in advance, then close the early access option now to prevent more disgruntled customers.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So what does "up to 5 days" mean to you? I'm just curious. Could it mean zero, and if it does would you be ok with that? Are you ok purchasing something months in advance, because it contains the consideration that you will play earlier than launch? If it ends up you have no option to play earlier than launch, does it bother you?

With this logic, you could make "Up to" mean anything. I could say "you could win up to a million dollars if you purchase this game in advance." But in reality I only need to pay you a buck, or nothing. I've probably gained far more sales by that very suggestion of a million dollars than I would if I had said nothing. So when you receive your buck in the mail, or your nickel, would you feel mislead at all?

This is the logic most of you are suggesting. That we should be satisfied to receive little or no consideration when we pay full price. That's ok with you. That's troubling if it is. That means you are too easy to fool. Can you say "variable interest rates?"

So what does "up to 5 days" mean to you? I'm just curious. Could it mean zero, and if it does would you be ok with that? Are you ok purchasing something months in advance, because it contains the consideration that you will play earlier than launch? If it ends up you have no option to play earlier than launch, does it bother you?

With this logic, you could make "Up to" mean anything. I could say "you could win up to a million dollars if you purchase this game in advance." But in reality I only need to pay you a buck, or nothing. I've probably gained far more sales by that very suggestion of a million dollars than I would if I had said nothing. So when you receive your buck in the mail, or your nickel, would you feel mislead at all?

This is the logic most of you are suggesting. That we should be satisfied to receive little or no consideration when we pay full price. That's ok with you. That's troubling if it is. That means you are too easy to fool. Can you say "variable interest rates?"

You know what you get if you pay full price? The game. That's all.

They have already said they expect Dec. pre orders to get in Friday sometime. Therefore from that time on, people should be able to get on from the moment they enter a code is my understanding.

And its not misleading cause your still getting some time, maybe not a full 5 days but it doesnt guarantee you that to begin with.

Edited by Gilgamec

this is a noob question but im new to this sort of mmo. Is BW going to make me pay a monthly fee to play this game?

You have to put in your CC info, but the first 30 days are free. So you can cancel before you are billed the 14.99

But you aren't getting a refund on the 60-150 bucks for the game you bought, and you can't really resale it.

At the rate they are inviting people I'd be shocked to see anyone get less than 4 days.

They have already said they expect Dec. pre orders to get in Friday sometime. Therefore from that time on, people should be able to get on from the moment they enter a code is my understanding.

And its not misleading cause your still getting some time, maybe not a full 5 days but it doesnt guarantee you that to begin with.

Source? And please don't quote estimation as fact.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, just saw it on Rockjaw's twitter. That's good news.

Edited by Naitaka

You know less than 1/2 the preorders are in right... I'd be shocked if everyone got in by the 19th.

Tomorrow they said they will be up to the last week of November after that its the end of November until now, I don't see how that's going to drag out to the 19th. I thought I was a cynic.

You know less than 1/2 the preorders are in right... I'd be shocked if everyone got in by the 19th.

Today , 08:25 AM

A quick update on today's invites, and a little preview of tomorrow.

Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.

You'll see more servers coming online tomorrow, and almost certainly there will be some queuing. That was always expected. As a reminder, our plan here is to maintain healthy server populations post launch, and during the excitement of launch that will mean queues. That said, we'll be working hard to keep those queues reasonable.

We'll check back in tomorrow with another update.

Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Looks like most will get in around Friday, except for maybe those who ordered this week maybe?

Source? And please don't quote estimation as fact.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, just saw it on Rockjaw's twitter. That's good news.

I want a source also. Nobody said a damn thing about everyone getting in on Friday. I say a more likely scenario is Friday and then you wait till Monday. I do not think they will be rolling invites out over the weekend..

Face it some of you will not get access till hours before. But then the servers will be full and more than likely experiencing technical issues.

I want a source also. Nobody said a damn thing about everyone getting in on Friday. I say a more likely scenario is Friday and then you wait till Monday. I do not think they will be rolling invites out over the weekend..

Face it some of you will not get access till hours before. But then the servers will be full and more than likely experiencing technical issues.

Look at my quote before from the developer feed, he says that tomorrow they will get to the last week of November or so and that Friday will show an increase in the invites going out. That should take them into December is my assumption.

Edited by Gilgamec