Subscriber Appreciation Details?

Kaywinnit

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it the free name change? :confused:

It was not. That was our "one free name change per month" that got changed to "one free character, guild, and legacy rename", that got turned into "one free name change, a month after name changes went live".

Was it the free name change? :confused:

was this a serious question? can never tell on the internet without a /sacasm on or off button.

if it was a serious question, no, that was not the appreciation thing as that had been announced a while back, and has already been introduced

Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric

You do realize that advertising it and then keeping any details a secret affects expectations and trust negatively, right?

And "soon™" really does not help there either, it came from the comments of soon that turned into year(s), like Cathar pretty much delayed a year at least and constantly referred to as "soon". I conclude the appreciation probably won't come this year then?

Right now BW's position calls for working towards more trust from customers, not adding to negative theory crafting.

If you want to keep it a secret until it comes, fine. But I would highly suggest not advertising it at all then. If you mention you're going to do something, especially if you're adding time frames, better be ready to give some more information along the road. You make it a big deal and you're going to disappoint people, if people don't know in advance they are harder to disappoint, the same people may feel more appreciated with the surprise then.

Just trying to give some friendly advice, as for my theory...

If it has anything at all to do with the CM...it's a waste, and doesn't show appreciation (at least, not in my opinion).

Pretty much expecting this and feeling the same. But the team decided to make it a big deal, so I will feel more offended if we get crap.

Only real appreciation I do feel is from/towards a few members of the customer support team, and they know who they are, or if they could be.

Edited by Lyshar

Subscriber Appreciation=Free Grant of Cartel Coins, enough to purchase Treek.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Speculation

You aren't far off. I'd like to see several unique awards.

* One for being subbed currently

* one for 6 month sub

* one for being subbed for over a year

* and another for being subbed since day 1.

I know that's a pipe dream, but it'd be nice. Even if it was something like a title, it'd still be something.

You aren't far off. I'd like to see several unique awards.

* One for being subbed currently

* one for 6 month sub

* one for being subbed for over a year

* and another for being subbed since day 1.

I know that's a pipe dream, but it'd be nice. Even if it was something like a title, it'd still be something.

heh, a few people above you are talking about lowered expectations. With your list, I'd expect 4 of the same pet in different colors. Of course, the "since day-1 pet" would have to look "epic", so they'd put a satellite dish on it's head.

As "appreciation" for subscribers, I'd like to seem them start putting the decent-looking armors into the game without a Cartel Coin cost. It's obvious they know which appearances look cool, and they choose to put those in the CM.

The new scrolling-UV armor...I can just imagine the meeting-room:

#1: "We need armor models for the new operation-tier"

#2: "Well, we've already marked all the cool-looking stuff for the CM, if we give them that stuff they'll all start playing the game instead of just buying stuff off of the CM."

#1: "I guess you're right, what do we do?"

#2: "Well, they all hate the extra tubes and antennae, and spikes and can-openers we stick all over things.....what if we make those parts even brighter and more garish on a recycled piece? There'd be no way they could look cool without the CM, AND we've solved the problem of adding new armor."

#1 & #2: "HOORAY!"

I'd feel appreciated if they remembered that we subscribe because there's a game to play, not because there's a CM.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

Since people are confused, I'll translate what Musco said.

"We are not telling you what worthless garbage we have in store but we'll lie to your face that it's something awesome so more people are duped into subbing before the date hits"

Since people are confused, I'll translate what Musco said.

"We are not telling you what worthless garbage we have in store but we'll lie to your face that it's something awesome so more people are duped into subbing before the date hits"

We know it won't be impactful to the game or people would cry.

We know it's not going to be good looking gear because they are incapable of producing good looking gear.

What's left?

Could be a mount. Could be a pet. Could be a title. Could be fireworks. Could be a little stupid thing like the jawa-balloon guy or jawagrams. I don't know what else it could be.

If it's any of those things, then meh.

Edited by DarthTHC

heh, a few people above you are talking about lowered expectations. With your list, I'd expect 4 of the same pet in different colors. Of course, the "since day-1 pet" would have to look "epic", so they'd put a satellite dish on it's head.

As "appreciation" for subscribers, I'd like to seem them start putting the decent-looking armors into the game without a Cartel Coin cost. It's obvious they know which appearances look cool, and they choose to put those in the CM.

The new scrolling-UV armor...I can just imagine the meeting-room:

#1: "We need armor models for the new operation-tier"

#2: "Well, we've already marked all the cool-looking stuff for the CM, if we give them that stuff they'll all start playing the game instead of just buying stuff off of the CM."

#1: "I guess you're right, what do we do?"

#2: "Well, they all hate the extra tubes and antennae, and spikes and can-openers we stick all over things.....what if we make those parts even brighter and more garish on a recycled piece? There'd be no way they could look cool without the CM, AND we've solved the problem of adding new armor."

#1 & #2: "HOORAY!"

I'd feel appreciated if they remembered that we subscribe because there's a game to play, not because there's a CM.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if this is how their marketing conversations go.

Edited by KennethHoover

I'm hoping for some free Cartel coins, preferably 1000, because 1000 is a nice number and not obscenely much. Or some cool BTL adaptive armor set that doesn't look like a power ranger or a sea monster.

1000 is nothing, especially when you see how much faster they add stuff in the cartel market than the subscribers get coins to spend. And that's the problem. The way it's done is attempting to bleed even the loyal subscribers dry. The cartel market is an insult to subscribers, at least to the extend it's implemented.

That's why subscriber appreciation MUST exclude the cartel market 100%!

Edited by Lyshar

1000 is nothing, especially when you see how much faster they add stuff in the cartel market than the subscribers get coins to spend. And that's the problem. The way it's done is attempting to bleed even the loyal subscribers dry. The cartel market is an insult to subscribers, at least to the extend it's implemented.

That's why subscriber appreciation MUST exclude the cartel market 100%!

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Yeah, yeah. What is it with some MMO players and everything being "An insult to subscribers,"?

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Yeah, yeah. What is it with some MMO players and everything being "An insult to subscribers,"?

Because, some things are? The difference in content development for CM stuff vs non CM stuff makes it incredibly obvious which is the priority (hint: it's the one they put story items on..and charged for).

The value just isn't there for a sub...

I hope this has nothing to do with the cartel market, just giving subs something they could buy with their monthly allowance doesn't seem much like Subscriber Appreciation. I just hope after saying they would do this its.

A) Not late

B) Actually shows they care about Subscribers.

C) Is not just a naff pet/Emote/Title.

I hope this has nothing to do with the cartel market, just giving subs something they could buy with their monthly allowance doesn't seem much like Subscriber Appreciation. I just hope after saying they would do this its.

A) Not late

B) Actually shows they care about Subscribers.

C) Is not just a naff pet/Emote/Title.

Ditto.. needs to be something worth a CRAP to make it really show they appreciate sub's. But I'm sure it's some cheap crappy gift like fireworks again. FREE Barber Shop, FREE Mod/Enh Removals, FREE Tranportation around the galaxy.. THOSE are real gifts. A stack of 25 fireworks.. not so much.

Edited by dscount