June Producer Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

Notice there is no presence of "all" in that statement. :)

Also.. keep in mind.. they answer questions at their pace, not ours. As a collective.. we have no patience.. do we?

Seriously?

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Have they answered ANY questions since the stream? Unless you count "The team is currently investigating reports of being unable to summon Bowdaar."

Also keep in mind people many people don't care for "their pace" hence posting on the forums to try and get some sort of answers in a more timely manner ( usually a waste of time but each to their own if they want to spend said time posting ).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Have they answered ANY questions since the stream? Unless you count "The team is currently investigating reports of being unable to summon Bowdaar."

Also keep in mind people many people don't care for "their pace" hence posting on the forums to try and get some sort of answers in a more timely manner ( usually a waste of time but each to their own if they want to spend said time posting ).

If I recall correctly..... it's usually a week or so before they answer any question. Seems to be about a week of dwell time to sort and decide which questions they will answer and how. I'm not excusing it... just passing on an observation.

Seriously.. they have never been good at timely and accurate communications. They also contradict themselves fairly regularly on a topic when they do communicate. Any forum veteran knows this... and to expect something different is kind of misplaced thinking IMO. :)

Edited by Andryah

Maybe there are more light side choices because the evil onces sometimes dosen't make sence. F.x. doing the current story, you get the option to use valkorions powers. If you don't you are good, if you do, you are evil. You don't have to be good to not use his powers. Maybe you just don't trust him, which is valid. Maybe you belive he will take over your body, or something else, that is bad for you will happen. Evil people sometimes have a high self preservation sence, where as good people "jump into the fire" to safe people. So if you wan't people to pick the light/dark side choice they would really want to pick. Do so they make sence, instead of some of these poorly executed choices. My options was, doing something i thought my char wouldn't want to do, to keep his full darkside points, or get the lightside hit, because that made more sence to may char, but it didnt have anything to do with him being good, but because he/I didnt trust valkorion Edited by ibervang

If I recall correctly..... it's usually a week or so before they answer any question. Seems to be about a week of dwell time to sort and decide which questions they will answer and how. I'm not excusing it... just passing on an observation.

Seriously.. they have never been good at timely and accurate communications. They also contradict themselves fairly regularly on a topic when they do communicate. Any forum veteran knows this... and to expect something different is kind of misplaced thinking IMO. :)

Pretty sure the person you quoted is no veteran and was fairly justified in his question ... they stated they would ask questions after the stream so they could ignore them during the stream. My purpose was to point out why do people fall for that tactic from them still ... keep up the asking of questions in the stream because you know they won't answer much of the touchy subjects afterwards regardless of what they say.

My purpose was to point out why do people fall for that tactic from them still ... keep up the asking of questions in the stream because you know they won't answer much of the touchy subjects afterwards regardless of what they say.

I see. Well then we agree. :D

Off topic... I see Tait's linked-in shows he is now an assistant producer.

Edited by Andryah

I see. Well then we agree. :D

Off topic... I see Tait's linked-in shows he is now an assistant producer.

Good for him.

Wonder if that means we'll get a community replacement or if it was jut a title change to facilitate a higher pay grade.

Dark Side vs Light Side.

Reason why Light Side is currently the go to choice is since KOTFE if you play through on Dark Side it makes no sense and breaks immersion.

Going through KOTFE pure Dark side doesn't work.

He/she wouldn't travel around asking for help or recruiting people to an alliance.

Hell you are forced to help Jorgan at one point into saving zakuul people.

It doesn't matter the class. If your character is Dark side then KOTFE story ruins any immersion.(...)

If you have followed the state of the galaxy since Shadow of Revan it does make sense... most of the time.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Both the Republic and the Empire have been facing common enemies since the prelude to SOR, Lana and Theron working together, Satele Shan and Darth Marr putting aside the struggle to fight against the Revanites, etc. Today they even learn from eachother: the old ways of the Force won't hold the galaxy together and you navigate between Light and Dark.

I personnally have Light side characters making DS choices because they make sense in that moment (thinking of the last chapter with the mandos), same thing for some of my Dark Side characters making LS choices (there is no more perks for being full Dark or Light side anyway, so who cares?). Why would a bounty hunter accept the gift of power of a world devourer that he has been fighting for a long time now? Heck, even for the Wrath it doesn't make much sense, especially when Valkorion sure looks to be playing us for a fool. So far of all my characters, LS and DS, the only one who gave in is my Inquisitor because their storyline has always been about the quest of power. During your first visit of the swamp on Zakul when you get that call from HK, why would you reject the exiles when you need all the help you can find against Arcann? (though at this time you can still argue that the Outlander hasn't really realized that fact) During the Disavowed mission, why would you judge stupid the decision of arming the exiles since once again any help against Arcann is welcome?

Edited by demotivator

So question what about those such as myself that have leveled bounty hunters in the spirit of the class are totally neutral. In my opinion if you are involved with the story at all being completely neutral is a much more difficult thing to do. Also why did you not give just a little more insight to the master Gemini and Scorpio situation to the agent? I would think that my agent would be having a conversation with Scorpio as soon as we found out about Gemini, especially since I had Scorpio at max rep before I lost her at the start of Kotfe.

• 2 weeks later...