No One Willing to do Battle of Ilum

Am I the only one having an impossible time getting a group together for The Battle of Ilum? I have no problem at all finding HM groups for every other flashpoint, so why the aversion to this one? I need it to complete Ilum, but it's impossible to find anyone willing to do it.

Has anyone else had this problem? If there are enough of us, maybe we can actually get some groups together.

Yeah, Battle of Ilum seems to be the least played FP. It may have something to do with one of the bosses being pretty tough. Some people say he is way overtuned. I wouldn't know because everytime we did it we would all exit out except for the tank. The tank would then proceed to run past the boss until he reached the next checkpoint in the FP then die. The rest of the group would then re-enter the flashpoint and be past that boss. Most of the trash can be skipped too. All in all it can be one of the fastest FP runs but I don't think alot of people realise this. Edited by Lugosi

Yeah, I also had trouble getting a group for this recently. The reasoning is that it's probably the longest HM FP (unless you skip a lot of things, don't do the bonus, and have stealth), and the only good HM drop is the off-hand Columi from Serevin (which is very low on the list of desirable eq for every class other than dps operative/scoundrel), so it's viewed as the least worthwhile instance. Also, the second-to-last boss has a mechanic that a lot of people don't like dealing with (though he can be skipped if you have a stealther), which is what makes this a "hard" FP. Edited by cvogelaar

I only ever done it once, and I've never seen people looking for it in general :p to be honest, I find it to be pretty average flashpoint but I dunno why they don't run it.

Probably is because of the difficulty of that boss lol, who is tough, but not that tough. But yeah could be that its just oneof the more dull flashpoints.

I'd guess it is down to difficulty though, just like how nobody barely runs D7 because of the slightly buggy difficult bosses.

Enter his area, go to the right clear that group to the right of the boss. Get on your speeder and hug the wall past the boss and jump over those boxes and you will aggro his 2 adds and not him. Go a bit in, kill those adds of his and wallah don't need to exit.

yea the boss with the adds is the reason people dont like going there.

best way imo i to put him back to the doors to the room you went in, LoS him there, it just gives you that little bit more time to sort out your AoE after recovering from the stun to sort out the adds. doing it with him in the same spot is not a good idea as them adds hit like trucks and normally go straight for your melee dps.

also people dont realise when adds r up boss got a shield on and its REFLECTIVE, so they take the damage back on themselves. its a little blue icon on his health bar, wait till it gone before you start dpsing him again or it hurts.

I think the main reason is that the loot is probably not worth the effort. I only did Battle for Ilum for the [vehicle] quest. I will try it some more in hopes of getting the columi offhand and because I like doing Flashpoints.

The adds of the boss can be taunted btw. My guildies and I did it like this:

"Adds spawn. When we come out of stun, I taunt/pull them all to me while we do every available AoE on my spot. AoE heal, Sorc AoE and Powertech AoE stun with flamethrower."

We had no problems running through battle of Ilum.

I was never too fond of this flashpoint before 1.2 on my Merc but I needed to upgrade my tanking offhand for my Jugg this week so we had a run at this. We breezed through this (skipping bonus) and it seemed extremely easy. I don't know if they have slightly altered it but most of the trash packs were normal mobs with maybe one strong or an elite.

Also the annoying adds boss's buddies are now normal mobs so die instantly and we didn't have too much trouble with him. (we did have a few people with group stun effects so maybe we had the ideal setup for him).

I was shocked that it was so short we ran through this in 35 minutes flat.

Edited by AesirUesugi