General Heal Nerf in 1.2 just to cover lack of Content Creativity + Challenge

Elkantar

Well lets Face the truth:

Sorc/Sage Heal Nerf

Commando/Bounty Hunter Heal Nerf

Medpack only useable 1 time in the whole fight.

The Big Question is, did bioware just did this changes not only to make nerf cryers happy but also to adjust the Challenge of the PVE Content?

Soa, Crusher, Jarg&Sorno, and now maybe the Robot of EV will be make tougher just by nerfing the heal a healer can put out.

Every Mistake in a Raid will now maybe force a port off/wipe. Cause all your Sorcs cant provide Burst Heal anymore between tank and normal heal rotations without the tragedy to going out of force. The next thing is that Bounty Hunters now rely on a whole new Heat Management and Commandos on a whole new Ammo Management. In the end those most used Raid Heal Classes will do less heal. This will make the Content Challenging, and it will make some Encounters Luckbase, like they are allready due to 100 Bugs that BW never fixed, most of those BUGS where catched up by decent heal.

Decent Heal is now gone, so be happy with higher Costs for Raids due to wiping from Bugs/Movement Fails/Server-Client Positioning, that cant get healed up anymore fast or so that the rest of the Fight will be possible at all. Maybe some Bosses are nearly impossible to raid when we look on Nightmare Damage Outputs.

PvP:

Well i dont need to say anything about this i guess. Cause we will see how hard those changes will it make in Rated Warzones, and if Pugs ever see a healer anymore.

Overall:

We will have a decrease on every server on Healers who are willing OR able to provide the Group/Operation with enough heal to see/kill the Content. Maybe some Hardmode instances even dont work with Sorc/Sage/Commando/Bounty Hunter Healers anymore, or just some Encounters. In the end the now widespread mediocore healers will rollback, quit the game or change specc.

Wipes now more occur inclusive Flames to the Healers, or the Guy who made a mistake or a bug. So Moral sinks also, how many players in the end will enjoy the game when those Changes will stay for a Couple of Weeks without any adjustment when needed?

I hope the Healers can adapt, when not, bioware need to react fast, if not have fun in LFM 1 Sabo/Smuggler Heal. And have fun in wipe online for casuals.

Edited by Elkantar

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason for some of the changes is in fact to increase the challenge level of top end content by tightening class balance. Healing through top end content was, as a fact, not tightly balanced enough in the past and a prime contributor to the fact that our top end difficulty content was just not providing the challenge level people expected.

This encapsulates both the medpac change (without being able to make safe assumption about the availability of optional healing, it is impossible to strike a reliable balance that doesn't require people to shell out hundreds of thousands of credits for item based healing) as well as the class changes.

The other major reason is class to class and role to role balance.

/5char

So OP is right. Once again BW took the cowardly/easy way out and just nerfed a fundamental class, which was already painful to play, made even more ludicrous. So all but the truly hardcore, or people that like bashing their heads against the wall when fighting SOA et al and all its many rediculous bugs, are now able to step in a HM op.

Good luck finding a healer now. As though staring at red-bars the whole fight was so much fun to begin with.

That's easy ... stay out of the stuff. I think people are so used to WoW bending over to beat the addons for them that when they get to a game that doesn't use addons they're lost. BW balanced the classes to further promote players actually having to communicate and work together. All threads like this prove is how some prefer being spoon fed instead of relishing challenge. I thought being competent meant learning, adapting and overcoming. Unbelievable. :confused: Edited by GalacticKegger

Blah, that is too bad. I'm a healer but haven't really ventured much into hardmodes yet. Being yelled at, even though I try my best, will probably make me retire my healer and play something else. Already changed my sub from 3 month to just month by month. I do hate it when classes are "balanced" to make it more challenging. Anyway, suppose I will adapt. When it become painful to play, other games are out there waiting for my dollars to be spent.

I will wait and see.

I relish the challenge of SOA bugs including missing platforms, invisible lightning balls, being dropped on said lightning balls, bugged out mindtraps, and soa resetting at 5%.

And most of all, I relish the challenge of "LF1M Need Healer GTG!!!" for hours on end on a dead server. I think this is plenty challenging thank you very much.

Well... all I can say is.. my first char was a sorc healer (yep fully healing specced from lvl 10 and up), and I just had to lol all the way tbh. Yes Ive been healing for 10 years in mmos so I know my stuff wich ofc helped alot but cmon guys. I KNEW from day 1 I was beyond imba. The ammount of healing was so over the top in regards to content my own level... all the way.

AND people steamrolled through content with a breeze cause of it. Now they`re fixing it and ppl dont get why ?

Not to mention pvp... have u ever tried to dps a good healer down ? Not talking about the casual nab here... have you EVER tried dpsing down a GOOD healer ?

Just sigh @ easymode ppl.

I would rather wipe a whole night on any raid boss than what we have had so far.

Casual guilds.. ya casual.. can clear content in 3-4 hours. This is what you want ? Just sigh.

And believe me... any decent healer will rise to the challenge. Hell... this is how it should have been from the start.

No more nab geared ppl clearing raids ! Gear up and learn to play before you take on ENDGAME content.. as it should be !

Well here we are again another blog more complaining.This is getting old and fast. This is just a game all i heard is people like you ************ and complaining about every thing you dont like or get in your favor.

Bioware knows what they are doing. In my opinion who really cares about the healing, attack skills and other things being readjusted to get it right. I get tired of hearing all of you complaining about all of this changes are nerfs and are not right.

I will say this if you dont like the changes you have several things you can do. you can get used to the changes and be civilized and be a good sport about it or you can let your mouth over ride your *** and continue to complain about it. i think you can do us a huge favor by just quiting the game because these changes are staying and not being reversed and you sitting here doing what you are doing the complaining and ************ is not helping its starting to kill this great community.

Honestly, If you're expecting healing, Tanking, DPSing, etc to never change in an MMO, you obviously have never played one before. My Paladin in WOW has completely changed (and I mean completely) probably 4 times already and the next WOW expansion is doing away with talent trees completely, so he will likely change again. I've had to relearn how to play my Pally each time. \

This is the way MMOs work. Classes are buffed, they're nerfed, they're redesigned, etc. There will also always be a FOTM class normally too.

I will say this if you dont like the changes you have several things you can do. you can get used to the changes and be civilized and be a good sport about it or you can let your mouth over ride your *** and continue to complain about it. i think you can do us a huge favor by just quiting the game because these changes are staying and not being reversed and you sitting here doing what you are doing the complaining and ************ is not helping its starting to kill this great community.

Several things include D3 and GW2.

As for killing the community, what community? Besides the top 3-5 servers, practically every other server is dead during primetime. These nerfs are NOT going to improve the server populations let alone gaming experience. I love this game, but man, seems like every patch, we lose more people from our servers.

That's easy ... stay out of the stuff. I think people are so used to WoW bending over to beat the addons for them that when they get to a game that doesn't use addons they're lost. BW balanced the classes to further promote players actually having to communicate and work together. All threads like this prove is how some prefer being spoon fed instead of relishing challenge. I thought being uber meant learning, adapting and overcoming. Unbelievable. :confused:

I agree with you. I think all of this complaining is not needed. In my opinion these people needs to just get a life and just play the game. Who really cares about the changes like you said it makes a great challenge to the game and i could not of said it better

Well... all I can say is.. my first char was a sorc healer (yep fully healing specced from lvl 10 and up), and I just had to lol all the way tbh. Yes Ive been healing for 10 years in mmos so I know my stuff wich ofc helped alot but cmon guys. I KNEW from day 1 I was beyond imba. The ammount of healing was so over the top in regards to content my own level... all the way.

AND people steamrolled through content with a breeze cause of it. Now they`re fixing it and ppl dont get why ?

Not to mention pvp... have u ever tried to dps a good healer down ? Not talking about the casual nab here... have you EVER tried dpsing down a GOOD healer ?

I would rather wipe a whole night on any raid boss than what we have had so far.

Casual guilds.. ya casual.. can clear content in 3-4 hours. This is what you want ? Just sigh.

And believe me... any decent healer will rise to the challenge. Hell... this is how it should have been from the start.

No more nab geared ppl clearing raids ! Gear up and learn to play before you take on ENDGAME content.. as it should be !

+1 QFT. I consider myself a casual/hardcore hybrid and this post was a bulls eye. Edited by GalacticKegger

Blah, that is too bad. I'm a healer but haven't really ventured much into hardmodes yet. Being yelled at, even though I try my best, will probably make me retire my healer and play something else. Already changed my sub from 3 month to just month by month. I do hate it when classes are "balanced" to make it more challenging. Anyway, suppose I will adapt. When it become painful to play, other games are out there waiting for my dollars to be spent.

I will wait and see.

I guess you dont like a good battle that takes a while to complete. i do but most of you all like this over power the other player crap. Bioware in my opinion just made the game better to keep you all from over powering another person in game

Bioware is bringing balance to the game and it will bring a lot of great challenges and some epic battles. I remember when my wife had a 45 minute battle in pre in guild wars when she was fighting a charr boss above the wall and won that charr bag but these type of battles is what makes the game fun and more challenging

These things you all call nerfs are not nerfs they are making the game better and fair for all so you cant sit there in one place and over power another player. In my opinion who cares about all of these skill readjustments and so on its just a game that is fun and if you dont like it just leave and get it over with.

Bioware knows what they are doing.

That's why Ilum has worked so poorly in 2 different flavors so far?

That's why it was ok for 50s to farm lowbies for a month because there were no brackets and expertise wasn't disabled until one was in place?

That's why it's been ok for those same geared 50s to farm the new 50s that weren't given a welfare boost for the first month after Bioware decided to finally create a 50 bracket?

That's why crafting is FINALLY getting something that's actually somewhat viable after a mere 4 months (at least until everyone gets orange gear with augments and doesn't need anything again)?

That's why it was acceptable to have reusable biochem gear until they decided they didn't like it anymore?

That's why it's more of a challenge to fight the raid bugs than the bosses?

Will you marry me?

Well lets Face the truth:

Sorc/Sage Heal Nerf

Commando/Bounty Hunter Heal Nerf

Medpack only useable 1 time in the whole fight.

The Big Question is, did bioware just did this changes not only to make nerf cryers happy but also to adjust the Challenge of the PVE Content?

Soa, Crusher, Jarg&Sorno, and now maybe the Robot of EV will be make tougher just by nerfing the heal a healer can put out.

Every Mistake in a Raid will now maybe force a port off/wipe. Cause all your Sorcs cant provide Burst Heal anymore between tank and normal heal rotations without the tragedy to going out of force. The next thing is that Bounty Hunters now rely on a whole new Heat Management and Commandos on a whole new Ammo Management. In the end those most used Raid Heal Classes will do less heal. This will make the Content Challenging, and it will make some Encounters Luckbase, like they are allready due to 100 Bugs that BW never fixed, most of those BUGS where catched up by decent heal.

Decent Heal is now gone, so be happy with higher Costs for Raids due to wiping from Bugs/Movement Fails/Server-Client Positioning, that cant get healed up anymore fast or so that the rest of the Fight will be possible at all. Maybe some Bosses are nearly impossible to raid when we look on Nightmare Damage Outputs.

PvP:

Well i dont need to say anything about this i guess. Cause we will see how hard those changes will it make in Rated Warzones, and if Pugs ever see a healer anymore.

Overall:

We will have a decrease on every server on Healers who are willing OR able to provide the Group/Operation with enough heal to see/kill the Content. Maybe some Hardmode instances even dont work with Sorc/Sage/Commando/Bounty Hunter Healers anymore, or just some Encounters. In the end the now widespread mediocore healers will rollback, quit the game or change specc.

Wipes now more occur inclusive Flames to the Healers, or the Guy who made a mistake or a bug. So Moral sinks also, how many players in the end will enjoy the game when those Changes will stay for a Couple of Weeks without any adjustment when needed?

I hope the Healers can adapt, when not, bioware need to react fast, if not have fun in LFM 1 Sabo/Smuggler Heal. And have fun in wipe online for casuals.

That...

Or the real reason.

Without DBM you can't make boss fights with 7 mechanics.

OP: Truth is, the content was fine. The builds were OP. Stop your tears. You were probably the same person a month ago saying stuff was too easy.

QQ more. Then delete yourself.

So it's not Bioware's fault that the content was too easy, it's Bioware's fault that the characters were too strong?

That's why Ilum has worked so poorly in 2 different flavors so far?

That's why it was ok for 50s to farm lowbies for a month because there were no brackets and expertise wasn't disabled until one was in place?

That's why it's been ok for those same geared 50s to farm the new 50s that weren't given a welfare boost for the first month after Bioware decided to finally create a 50 bracket?

That's why crafting is FINALLY getting something that's actually somewhat viable after a mere 4 months (at least until everyone gets orange gear with augments and doesn't need anything again)?

That's why it was acceptable to have reusable biochem gear until they decided they didn't like it anymore?

That's why it's more of a challenge to fight the raid bugs than the bosses?

OK.. first of all... the first month with ALL levels in same wz wasnt a bad thing so get over that please. It was the first month.. as in not many lvl 50`s so they had to put everyone in the same wz with some hidden buffs... and believe it or not, that worked like a charm for most of us ;) Hell it was funny when u could get owned by 2 lvl 10 something and u were 50 yourself. It was just fun and EVERYONE got to play.

Ilum and crafting... yes.. epic fail. I`ll give you that.

Reusable packs with biochem ? hehe... I think you know the answer to that my friend ;)

Maybe some of you were in better guilds, but mine was very strong anyway. We managed to be 15 in the world to clear EV and KP Nightmare 16, got the Infernal title and all that, and I can tell you - I cannot imagine being able to heal on my Commando after that nerf. I can't...

After my guild gone silent and we could barely scrape up people for an 8 man I was the main healer, and we had some fresh recruits. We struggled with Hard Modes and I was often out of ammo.

This nerf will destroy me. Say what you want, but I cannot continue healing after this. I cannot continue playing either, because being a healer is the only thing I do in MMOs.

So thank you Gabe and other incompetent people out there... You can't even balance a class properly, you just destroy it.

So it's not Bioware's fault that the content was too easy, it's Bioware's fault that the characters were too strong?

Look at it any way you want. This happens all the time in every MMO that's been launched -- classes get nerfed. Live with it or leave.

Regarding the topic though -- my wife plays a healer and she's a damn good one in PvE and PvP. Healing is ridiculously, and I can't emphasize it enough, RIDICULOUSLY overpowered in this game. Get a decent healer in your group and any content is a simple walk-through.

You can take one of two approaches with that, typically anyway: Buff the content or nerf the classes (or specs). Some MMOs do one, some do the other. It's the way of life in these games.