Why we dont have Flashpoint finder system?

Blatantly copy the looking for group system from Dungeons and Dragons Online. It is the best one I've ever seen in a MMO and unless it is somehow patented and/or EA is afraid of Hasbro it could be implemented easily without affected game mechanics.

this would actually be perfect IMO. combine it with ability to port to instance (not be ported to it automatically, but rather use a fleet pass or allow someone who's already inside (or right outside of) the flashpoint/instance send out shuttles for the rest) and it would be exactly what this game needs. no random grouping, no automatic anything. but still a system that allows for more convenient group finding.

in case people are wondering how it worked - you could either list yourself in a dungeon finder for specific dungeons and wait for invite, and/or look through list of available groups which would also allow you to list what roles you still need, and then you could whisper to them and get invite. it was easy to browse, easy to use, but at the same time, it still required human actions instead of doing everything for you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very hard to find a group for a single flashpoint

As i see many people/ppl avoid them cause maybe are too hard or they just not can find ppl to join in.

even in beta was this a problem

My Advice to Bioware is:

Implement Flashpoint Finder System ( A System that automatic finds a group for you)

or people are trying to level and get to 50, or experience the single player aspect of the game...

Normally these issues come down to, two main problems. The first is the speed and gap that peopl level at. If you have been playing this game like for a few hour a day then you wont have trouble ever finding a group due to the majority of players being around your level.

If on the other hand you have been playng more hardcore then finding people around your level its going to be alot harder. These is just what happens when a game launchs and people go at it with different mentallity.

A LFG would be nice around the 2-3month mark as long as it only across server so if you meet a player who good, had a laught with then you add as a contact. I feel the people who generally are calling out the loudest are the power levels who dont want to spend 30mins talking to people because thats time they could be level'ing.

I have just reached 50 my self and never had a issue with finding groups. I didnt spam general chat and im not in a guild. I message indervisuals i saw online and normally 90% of the time people wanted to do the content this also applys for the H4's.

Unforunity system's like LFG have conditioned players not to think about how to get a group. They just spam chat and dont really talk to players. Maybe in a few months LFG will be needs but for now players need to remember how to talk to each other.

Edited by Neverknowenuff

I'm glad that as the actual mass starts playing the game these threads/replies are appearing more and more often.

We had too many idiots in closed beta not wanting modern features and pretending to be a majority, and this is where it led.

I hope to see a dungeon finder copy pasted from wow soon.