Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Choice?

Yeldah_
01.17.2019 , 08:22 PM | #1
Should you be able to invite a player to your guild while they are already in another guild?
Example: Joe the Juggernaut has invited you to their guild X. Would you like to leave your current guild Y and join Joe the Jugg in guild X?
Player toggles either yes or no.

Tell us your thoughts.
My silence is not weakness; it is simply the beginning of my revenge.

xordevoreaux
01.17.2019 , 08:31 PM | #2
I suppose if you wanted a guild filled with gullible players who click Yes on every pop-up message they see, it would work. Sure would make a guild poacher's job easier.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

casirabit
01.17.2019 , 09:08 PM | #3
For me that would be an automatic no. If I wanted to join another guild then I would leave the first one first. I have had people tell me their guild is better even though I am in a guild (actually I share leadership with my boyfriend) and I really don't appreciate someone being that desperate, but again my opinion.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

AllisonLightning
01.17.2019 , 09:10 PM | #4
No, emphatically no. I happen to deeply dislike it when people are rude enough to try and snipe me from whatever guild I'm in without any warning- I don't think they need the added help that they can blind invite.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

Yeldah_
01.17.2019 , 10:21 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonLightning View Post
No, emphatically no. I happen to deeply dislike it when people are rude enough to try and snipe me from whatever guild I'm in without any warning- I don't think they need the added help that they can blind invite.
You don't think the guild market should be competitive then?
My silence is not weakness; it is simply the beginning of my revenge.

xordevoreaux
01.17.2019 , 10:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeldah_ View Post
You don't think the guild market should be competitive then?
Competition in the guild market, as you say, is not a cheap game mechanic of tossing a yes/no window in front of a player's face and having them blindly click Yes.

Competition comes from offering what players want and in a way that they want it, regardless of a given guild's core focus. If players see a guild spam message that's attractive to them, they can pursue it further on their own, not haphazardly clicking Yes buttons to abandon their current guilds.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Sonicphoto
01.18.2019 , 12:40 AM | #7
It’s already annoying to roll a new char and as soon as you walk out of Korriban temple get a bunch of invites. Specially declining the same person like 5 times. Now imagine getting that pop up when your in one all the time. If the player is interested in changing they will ask around or pay attention to the chat ad of a guild. Like I left one guild because it ultimately died out but I waited to see which guilds were promoting and what they were offering. Not quit and suddenly get fished over.

DragonArt
01.18.2019 , 05:16 AM | #8
Should you be able to invite a player to your guild while they are already in another guild?
Example: Joe the Juggernaut has invited you to their guild X. Would you like to leave your current guild Y and join Joe the Jugg in guild X?

Tell us your thoughts.
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would just enable rude recruiters.

PorsaLindahl
01.18.2019 , 05:43 AM | #9

Tell us your thoughts.
If they add in an auto decline guild invites option, then I can see this. Otherwise, absolutely not. If someone doesn't like the guild they are in, they can go to fleet or a starter planet and watch for guild spam, then make an informed decision instead of being blindly bombarded by some idiot spamming invites.

They should add a 10 minute cooldown on inviting someone who just refused your invite, or automatically create a spam report (which would mute that recruiter and suspend any recruiting privileges for 24 hours) for anyone that invites the same person 3 times within 10 minutes.

TUXs
01.18.2019 , 09:31 AM | #10
I agree with others - HELL NO! Players need to make the choice to leave, not be scammed into leaving when they think they're joining a PuG group.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)