Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best way to farm for credits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Best way to farm for credits?

BenduKundalini
01.17.2019 , 07:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by groovyphilia View Post
Oh wow. Are there any particular rules to which mats are the most profitable to farm? Regrettably I never paid attention to farming mats even when I played.

Heroics - I suddenly have a dim memory of picking up a bunch of those from a terminal on Odessen, I already wasn't playing much by then (think I lost steam after SoR). I'm guessing they're still there?
Yeah, you also have a terminal on Fleet - Combat section, and through activity finder above your mini map.

You get more from heroics if you are grouped (the individual share increases for some reason).

Goreshaga
01.17.2019 , 07:14 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by fabsus View Post
did you calculated opening and selling the alliance crates? 4x 79 crates are actually worth 20mill.
Nope, we both calculated without that

With my H, i have something like 300-400 of each type sleeping in my legacy storage, that i open when i need cash

groovyphilia
01.17.2019 , 08:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
Yeah, you also have a terminal on Fleet - Combat section, and through activity finder above your mini map.

You get more from heroics if you are grouped (the individual share increases for some reason).
Neat - thanks!

Also, light bump for if anyone knows the most profitable Crew Skills/mats to farm for the current patch. Unfortunately I never got into it so I'm completely clueless.
Creames/Yeyu/Quirin.
are you nasty?

Genaya
01.17.2019 , 09:00 PM | #14
Oh wow. Are there any particular rules to which mats are the most profitable to farm? Regrettably I never paid attention to farming mats even when I played.
Scavenging is used by more trade skills than artifice or biochem, so it's not a bad place to start, but you can do it with any harvesting profession. There's no 'rules' save for supply and demand - look on the GTN through every grade of mat for the harvesting profession you're using, see which one sells for the most per unit on the GTN, then go harvest that. I usually go for mats that sell for 2k+ per unit.

Having a good route is the most important part. Resource nodes take 4 minutes and 30 seconds to respawn, and always respawn in the same general area (the different 'respawn points' are always within a 10 or so meter radius). Ideally you want to find a loop that takes you 4 to 5 minutes to run, and has 8 to 10 nodes on it. The one I usually run takes 4 minutes and has 9 nodes on it, which means I arrive just before the nodes respawn again and can immediately harvest them again and continue my loop.

groovyphilia
01.17.2019 , 11:23 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Genaya View Post
Scavenging is used by more trade skills than artifice or biochem, so it's not a bad place to start, but you can do it with any harvesting profession. There's no 'rules' save for supply and demand - look on the GTN through every grade of mat for the harvesting profession you're using, see which one sells for the most per unit on the GTN, then go harvest that. I usually go for mats that sell for 2k+ per unit.

Having a good route is the most important part. Resource nodes take 4 minutes and 30 seconds to respawn, and always respawn in the same general area (the different 'respawn points' are always within a 10 or so meter radius). Ideally you want to find a loop that takes you 4 to 5 minutes to run, and has 8 to 10 nodes on it. The one I usually run takes 4 minutes and has 9 nodes on it, which means I arrive just before the nodes respawn again and can immediately harvest them again and continue my loop.
Makes sense...at least I can take advantage of my horrible time zone to harvest unbothered when the servers are low pop.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Creames/Yeyu/Quirin.
are you nasty?

BenduKundalini
01.18.2019 , 12:44 PM | #16
Makes sense...at least I can take advantage of my horrible time zone to harvest unbothered when the servers are low pop.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Actually very useful for that !