Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best way to farm for credits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Best way to farm for credits?

groovyphilia
01.17.2019 , 02:29 AM | #1
Old player returning - last I played regularly was over two years ago, boy has a lot changed.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's the best way to farm credits now? Back when I left people mostly did dailies in CZ, Section X etc. I assume things have changed?

SteveTheCynic
01.17.2019 , 04:01 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by groovyphilia View Post
Old player returning - last I played regularly was over two years ago, boy has a lot changed.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's the best way to farm credits now? Back when I left people mostly did dailies in CZ, Section X etc. I assume things have changed?
Things *have* changed, but not that much for credit-farming. But don't confuse credit-farming for CXP farming. Credit farming is, they say, better done in Heroics, while CXP farming works best in dailies.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Goreshaga
01.17.2019 , 04:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Things *have* changed, but not that much for credit-farming. But don't confuse credit-farming for CXP farming. Credit farming is, they say, better done in Heroics, while CXP farming works best in dailies.
That is the conclusion we made with a friend of mine too.

He farms cxp and does that with dailies, i farm credits and do it with heroics.
We compared our gains, and it seems like he actually gets more cxp with the dailies but i get more credits with heroics.

I'd say for me the fastet way, is running some heroics that are quickly done with a stealth character on pub side. There's around 20 that take 2-5 min each (3 on Balmorra,4 on Belsavis, 4 on Coruscant, 2 on Corellia, 2 on Hoth, 2 on Taris, 2 on Tatooine, + the ones on your character's starter planet once a week), so it takes rougly 30-35 min / character without the side quests and approximately 45 min with the side quests (i get around 500K without the side quests and 700K with them / character / day with that method)

Paulsutherland
01.17.2019 , 04:49 AM | #4
My guild normally hits the Large Yield conquest targets. I normally make my credits selling the items in the reward boxes.

BenduKundalini
01.17.2019 , 05:14 AM | #5
I would harvest mats on lowbie and medium level planets. Conquest eats up a lot of that by crafting resources (one war supply needs about 50 various mats) and most people don't have time to go out of their way to get them. Thus they sell well on the GTN.

Genaya
01.17.2019 , 05:52 AM | #6
Farming mats and selling them on the GTN has always been a surefire way to rack in credits.

https://i.imgur.com/ePM0gV8.jpg

I made 8.3 mil this morning from about 90 mins of farming, that's just selling the excess mats I didn't use. The mats I did use were made into things to also sell on the GTN for about that much again on another character.

If you want to you can push 20 mil a day farming the right mats, finding ones that are underpriced on the GTN to buy and resell, etc. I used to push about that much but I've become lazy with it because there's not much I want that credits can buy until some new Cartel Market stuff gets released.

BenduKundalini
01.17.2019 , 06:31 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Genaya View Post
Farming mats and selling them on the GTN has always been a surefire way to rack in credits.

https://i.imgur.com/ePM0gV8.jpg

I made 8.3 mil this morning from about 90 mins of farming, that's just selling the excess mats I didn't use. The mats I did use were made into things to also sell on the GTN for about that much again on another character.

If you want to you can push 20 mil a day farming the right mats, finding ones that are underpriced on the GTN to buy and resell, etc. I used to push about that much but I've become lazy with it because there's not much I want that credits can buy until some new Cartel Market stuff gets released.
WOAH I didn't know I was so right about this

fabsus
01.17.2019 , 06:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
That is the conclusion we made with a friend of mine too.

He farms cxp and does that with dailies, i farm credits and do it with heroics.
We compared our gains, and it seems like he actually gets more cxp with the dailies but i get more credits with heroics.

[...]
did you calculated opening and selling the alliance crates? 4x 79 crates are actually worth 20mill.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

groovyphilia
01.17.2019 , 06:42 AM | #9
Taking notes on everything - you guys are amazing, this is a great help!
Creames/Yeyu/Quirin.
are you nasty?

groovyphilia
01.17.2019 , 06:47 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
WOAH I didn't know I was so right about this
Oh wow. Are there any particular rules to which mats are the most profitable to farm? Regrettably I never paid attention to farming mats even when I played.

Heroics - I suddenly have a dim memory of picking up a bunch of those from a terminal on Odessen, I already wasn't playing much by then (think I lost steam after SoR). I'm guessing they're still there?
Creames/Yeyu/Quirin.
are you nasty?