Ops - Valey Machine Gods - please slightly tune down Nahut Boss encounter difficulty.

Hello.

Ops - Valey Machine Gods - please slightly tune down Nahut Boss encounter difficulty and patch up Ground holes.

Well simple reason for this request,this boss is kinda "overkill" and i guess designer bit overdid it with things that can do damage to player character at same time and also ground holes,please those we really dont need ...Quite few times boss did toss me [or my friends or other players] thru there away or i simply fall off,becoz i was thinking there ground to stand on ... [someone suggested there is [or was?] bonus boss on bridge in Nightmitare mode operation quest Scum and Villainy,simply known as "Bridge Boss",and the bridge does have holes too,and that did caused quite few headaches to some players as well.]

Also if Scyva will be so hard like this Nahut,there be no wonder that so many players wont finish the operation at all and even cross Nahut to reach Scyva [or other boss-es if there be more?].

For clarify meaning of my suggestion there could be somoene who could take look on succes rate/logs of groups for completeting the operation Valley of Machine Gods,simply when players come to that boss,they simply leave the group,becoz they dont want even try go against Nahut,or they do try it once or twice and then leave,becoz they did fail it [probably],few groups actualy can done it [i done it once sucesfuly,but my character did not survive whole encounter,other times i simply failed multiple times,and i did noticed many groups who failed as well].

I understand Nahut supoused be hard,but not almost impossible like its Hard/Nighmitare mode ops,even if its actualy story mode.

Ps: Another impossible bosses - Operation boss on Ziost - Colossal Monolith [< quite impossible one,never complete it,tactics for it are just too complicated,before reacheing some understanding of tactics team is defeated and gone] and there are quite few others complicated boss encounters in game...

Thanks.

If we're talking SM, I would suggest collision-boxing the tiny holes in the ground and that's it. Otherwise, the boss is not hard, especially as the group can just completly ignore Candle mechanic and simply stay close to boss to see it and dps. Apart from that, it's just Coupling adds and moving from electro stuff on floor at the end. Not much tactics.

I was one of the biggest critics of Underlurker and still criticize Monolith for overtuned design on SM, but Nahut is really nothing like these two, only slighty harder than previous bosses.

Personal experiences only of course

Edited by Pietrastor

It almost sounds like it's hard to look if there's ground or not where you're about to walk :), also the only possible way to get knocked in a hole is if the candle is passed to the boss.

I've only done this boss once but the holes are hard to see.

I just walked through a hole because I couldn't see it XD

Its like the one uprising with the electro gates where the bosses jump around the room.

Serious eh?

I’m thinking it’s about time this game’s population leveled up a bit. You want face-roll, go do EV/KP. If you want to do the new stuff, move with the times, learn to look at your feet and execute mechanics properly. Don’t ruin a fun, semi-challenging encounter because of laziness in learning how to actually play the game. As opposed to complaining about something not outright given to you, let’s try to actually work for something.

If this is hard to hear, I think that Hello Kitty game is still alive, maybe you’ll have better luck there. Also, it’s super challenging to take you seriously when I need a code cylinder to decipher your post.

Aaaaand, if this is a troll post...bravo, you got me lol.

I've only done this boss once but the holes are hard to see.

I just walked through a hole because I couldn't see it XD

Its like the one uprising with the electro gates where the bosses jump around the room.

I am struggling to understand if you are serious or simply trolling OP, I would assume the latter based on the outrageousness of his proposal, but with the player base being what it is, you never know.

However, if in reality, you are indeed serious, I think that is simply yet a mechanic that you need to take into account, it's not the "holes" per say, it's simply looking at where you are standing, it is advantages to avoid, for example, red circles or really any circle which you would take damage from, if you are approaching the end of an area or an exhaustion zone and look out for Sorc AoE healing circles, in case you are low on health you might wanna run through it/stand in it. Awareness is a key factor not only in raids, but in more or less all content that I am sure will improve your capabilities as a player.

I am struggling to understand if you are serious or simply trolling OP

He is serious, look at his posting history of many many suggestions to change stuff.

Nevertheless I can imagine its hard to move, click, look which ability you click and avoid holes at the same time.

Hello.

Ops - Valey Machine Gods - please slightly tune down Nahut Boss encounter difficulty and patch up Ground holes.

Well simple reason for this request,this boss is kinda "overkill" and i guess designer bit overdid it with things that can do damage to player character at same time and also ground holes,please those we really dont need ...Quite few times boss did toss me [or my friends or other players] thru there away or i simply fall off,becoz i was thinking there ground to stand on ... [someone suggested there is [or was?] bonus boss on bridge in Nightmitare mode operation quest Scum and Villainy,simply known as "Bridge Boss",and the bridge does have holes too,and that did caused quite few headaches to some players as well.]

Also if Scyva will be so hard like this Nahut,there be no wonder that so many players wont finish the operation at all and even cross Nahut to reach Scyva [or other boss-es if there be more?].

For clarify meaning of my suggestion there could be somoene who could take look on succes rate/logs of groups for completeting the operation Valley of Machine Gods,simply when players come to that boss,they simply leave the group,becoz they dont want even try go against Nahut,or they do try it once or twice and then leave,becoz they did fail it [probably],few groups actualy can done it [i done it once sucesfuly,but my character did not survive whole encounter,other times i simply failed multiple times,and i did noticed many groups who failed as well].

I understand Nahut supoused be hard,but not almost impossible like its Hard/Nighmitare mode ops,even if its actualy story mode.

Ps: Another impossible bosses - Operation boss on Ziost - Colossal Monolith [< quite impossible one,never complete it,tactics for it are just too complicated,before reacheing some understanding of tactics team is defeated and gone] and there are quite few others complicated boss encounters in game...

Thanks.

This is again one of the many "nerf this boss" threads that should not be here. The bosses in operations are being tuned on PTS where they are being done by several groups of players and those test all aspects of the boss. Its not like someone came up with the damage numbers or so, its being tested before release, tested by players of this game!

If you want to make such suggestions write to Eric, tell him you have a group and want to be on the PTS. Then if you get accepted (which you could to represent the common pugs) you can test the new bosses and provide feedback which will be directly viewed by the Devs!

He is serious, look at his posting history of many many suggestions to change stuff.

Nevertheless I can imagine its hard to move, click, look which ability you click and avoid holes at the same time.

Click? Other than healers as bioware dont allow us to use addons, who clicks? Do you keyboard turn as well? Backpeddal?

I think this is just a learn to play issue. First time I went in there no one told me anything and I was able to do it without falling in any holes. Second time I went in there four of our group members died and the rest of us were still able to do it. Both times were in pugs as well Edited by masstershake

OP, you definitely have an L2P issue. It's really not that difficult to keep your feet on the floor in this fight. I've DPSed and Tanked it several times in SM, and I'm legit not even aware of any knockback, so I don't know how you're getting pushed in. The only time I fell through the gap is when I misjudged my Scoundrel's roll ability - which only happened once. I've seen a couple of my guildies fall through the gap, and also advised that they "git gud". Tyrans in DP has a floor with gaps, but it'd be equally ridiculous to cry about wanting a nerf for that boss.

Pins and nails have big white circles around them - stay out of those. Vents light up purple and burn your arse - stay out of those. Tank drops big blue circles on the ground - stay out of those. Second phase on has a big red circle growing from the middle of the arena - stay out of that. Third phase has lightning spawning on the floor in a predictable manner - stay out of that, too. The whole fight is basically "don't stand in stupid", which is one of the first things you learn when running operations (see: Storm Protocol on EV's Annihilator Droid).

TL;DR: Git gud. Ops scale up in difficulty as time goes on, as well they should. You can't clear Gods, you haven't got gud enuf. Go back to ToS, or DP, or TFB, or EV until you do.

Haha talk about slap in the face:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9519614#post9519614

Some people want it nerfed, some defeat a boss which is meant for a 8man team with only 4 people!!

Hah, thanks for sharing! :rak_03: