Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

Blackvinils
06.20.2020 , 04:56 AM | #2571
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
On a very personnal level, i'd be really disappointed with something like that as i don't think it makes for a good story.
I'd especially be disapointed that my characters still haven't learned to burn the bodies by now, just to be sure the ennemies they just defeated don't come back.
And i'm a bit tired of dead characters coming back, especially when the ones who are still potentially alive don't have much content.

Something they could do though if they want to go through the trouble of making a bit of story for her, could be a bonus chapter, that could be available on the CM or as a sub reward, that would let people who want her as a companion go through a bit of story to find a way to bring her back, that would be completely optional and have no impact on the overall story for people who think she should stay dead.
And at the end of that bonus chapter, you get to keep her as a permanent companion.
Would something like that seem like a good option ?
Well, If we talk about her returning with the small bonus story, then, I think, Yes, this is definitely a good option, but it is extremely expensive, in terms of resources.

The key point here is that when Vaylin return, she no longer affects the story and does not appear in the story cutscenes, because, in fact, she's already no longer exists.

However, this can be achieved in a simpler way than by creating a bonus Chapter (these methods have already been discussed earlier).

#VaylinBonusComp

Goreshaga
06.20.2020 , 05:11 AM | #2572
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackvinils View Post
Well, If we talk about her returning with the small bonus story, then, I think, Yes, this is definitely a good option, but it is extremely expensive, in terms of resources.

The key point here is that when Vaylin return, she no longer affects the story and does not appear in the story cutscenes, because, in fact, she's already no longer exists.

However, this can be achieved in a simpler way than by creating a bonus Chapter (these methods have already been discussed earlier).

#VaylinBonusComp
Yes, that's the main problem with this option.
Which is why i think simply unlocking her as a companion, either via CM, sub reward or Odessen terminal and letting people who would take her as companion come up with whatever story they want for her to return would be the best way to go.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Blackvinils
06.20.2020 , 02:55 PM | #2573
Yes, that's the main problem with this option.
Which is why i think simply unlocking her as a companion, either via CM, sub reward or Odessen terminal and letting people who would take her as companion come up with whatever story they want for her to return would be the best way to go.
I agree. It would be great if devs had their say on what they think about the "bonus" option of giving us Vaylin. Can we ever hear it on stream?

#VaylinBonusComp

Paulsutherland
06.25.2020 , 12:10 PM | #2574
Something they could do though if they want to go through the trouble of making a bit of story for her, could be a bonus chapter, that could be available on the CM or as a sub reward, that would let people who want her as a companion go through a bit of story to find a way to bring her back, that would be completely optional and have no impact on the overall story for people who think she should stay dead.
And at the end of that bonus chapter, you get to keep her as a permanent companion.
Would something like that seem like a good option ?
If it's written well then a resurrection plot is okay in my books. Then again I'm as biased as they come so whatever would work for me

I'd make Vaylin an alert mission which would be unlocked once you've completed KOTFE/ET on all modes. (Story, Veteran, Master.)

Blackvinils
07.04.2020 , 09:34 AM | #2575
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
If it's written well then a resurrection plot is okay in my books. Then again I'm as biased as they come so whatever would work for me

I'd make Vaylin an alert mission which would be unlocked once you've completed KOTFE/ET on all modes. (Story, Veteran, Master.)
Yeah, if this is one of the ways to get her - in this case, I would be motivated to pass these extensions at all modes.

#VaylinBonusComp

MrParrcheezy
07.04.2020 , 05:32 PM | #2576
If she is resurrected, I don't care how just as long as you can romance her! Psycho chick is smoking hot!!!

BelorfinSiana
07.04.2020 , 09:46 PM | #2577
Yeah she is. Love her voice too.
The Siana Legacy - Star Forge
Isharo Izark; Jorran Reynn; Aldo Fetmirna; Zelorfin; Valurin Raster; Mechinus; Belorfin (Siana); LucÓan