REMOVE auto facing from PvP!

carbocat

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea people that post things like this do not think ahead to see if the complaint is valid.

Rage first and then get shut down but try to defend a worthless point of view.

Gunslinger and Snipers both use the cover system along with my class Scrapper in PVE.

I play oprative, and the class is position depended, auto facing tracer classes etc makes it realy hard to get behind the target.

In my opinion auto facing its the most stupid thing I have ever seen in a game.

Remove it!

sorry this is a carebear game and it wont happen

I play oprative, and the class is position depended, auto facing tracer classes etc makes it realy hard to get behind the target.

Remove it!

If you're having trouble getting behind someone, try using dirty kick, flash grenade or distraction to stop their cast. But then backblast can hit someone's "back" from side on, so it's probably more of a lag or L2P issue anyway.

Auto facing its just pure stupid game design. l2 click mouse button and turn around. Having game to do that for you is, ye....

Without autofacing it would be impossible for casters to get a cast off against melee since right mousing cancels casting and keyboard steering turns much slower than other attackers can run and bunnyhop.

If you're having trouble getting behind someone, try using dirty kick, flash grenade or distraction to stop their cast. But then backblast can hit someone's "back" from side on, so it's probably more of a lag or L2P issue anyway.

Without autofacing it would be impossible for casters to get a cast off against melee since right mousing cancels casting and keyboard steering turns much slower than other attackers can run and bunnyhop.

Then turn up camera rotation speed. Fixed.

Remove it!

No.

Do not make pvp decided by who walks through their enemies (and therefore breaks LoS).

L2P if people are beating you.

PvE - moving and pushing buttons.

PvP - moving and pushing buttons.

Once you know what a class does, it's basically a scripted fight anyways. The only difference is in PvE it's consistent and in PvP it can vary slightly. They're basically the same thing.

I definately agree on this.

The child friendly class merc and commando with tracer and grav rounds, now not only just take 1 button, you dont even need to move your character, it tracks you.

As a scoundrel I can run cirkles in 180kmh around a merc and he still dont loose a heartbeat in his channel ability.

Its redicilous

There is NO disadvantage to a heavy hitting channel ability from mercs or commandos, cause they can use it in melee range as well, even when they swing around as they do.

I honestly dont mind for the other classes, even sorcs.

Its the mercs and commandos that just becomes such face rolling classes its redicilous.

Sure I beat them, its not that.

But being able to press that 1 button and your character have auto aim on is redicilous.

And that sit: This is nothing but a full auto aim if you compare it to a normal FPS.

Have never seen an mmo that have this,

They need to change it, somehow.

PvE - moving and pushing buttons.

PvP - moving and pushing buttons.

Once you know what a class does, it's basically a scripted fight anyways. The only difference is in PvE it's consistent and in PvP it can vary slightly. They're basically the same thing.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA...

PVE=pushing buttons on an order and timing against a stupid computer

pvp= moving around and pushing buttons that best serve the current situtation against somewhat intelligent opponents....

man ur funny... pve is for the people who cant win in pvp

pve requires 0 skill, i am sorry but timing and reading a guide "how to play" doesnt rly count as skill.... pve only exists for people who cant compete with others to feel better by "winning" something else... if you pve then leave pvp to professional pvpers

says the guy who wants a longer range on the only 6s interrupt and a shorter cd on grapple. I notice you have been avoiding all suggestions of implementing "body collision" so that auto-facing can be taken out.

You scared to run circles instead of walk in a straight line bro?

You mad?

You jelly?

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA...

PVE=pushing buttons on an order and timing against a stupid computer

pvp= moving around and pushing buttons that best serve the current situtation against somewhat intelligent opponents....

man ur funny... pve is for the people who cant win in pvp

You must be trolling, or have zero familiarity with high end PvE

No.

Do not make pvp decided by who walks through their enemies (and therefore breaks LoS).

L2P if people are beating you.

You are obviously playing a merc or commando your self with that statement.

They should not be able to track you, final.

And as someone else said, yeah, the colission system in warhammer alone placed it highest on the roadmap for any serious pvper.

The tactics you can apply when you cant walk through characters is amazing.

But above all, on this topic, the class should learn to use more then 1 button when being attacksed.

As it is now, mercs and commandos spam 1 button if they are at 30m ranged or they have an operative running cirkles around them, they hit equally hard and often due to the stupid auto face system, which I have no idea whoever thought up this bad design in a pvp game.

You are obviously playing a merc or commando your self with that statement.

They should not be able to track you, final.

And as someone else said, yeah, the colission system in warhammer alone placed it highest on the roadmap for any serious pvper.

The tactics you can apply when you cant walk through characters is amazing.

But above all, on this topic, the class should learn to use more then 1 button when being attacksed.

As it is now, mercs and commandos spam 1 button if they are at 30m ranged or they have an operative running cirkles around them, they hit equally hard and often due to the stupid auto face system, which I have no idea whoever thought up this bad design in a pvp game.

I play a 50 Powertech or a 24ish Jugg in the 10-49 queue.

Mercs are a joke - L2Interrupt.

says the guy who wants a longer range on the only 6s interrupt and a shorter cd on grapple. I notice you have been avoiding all suggestions of implementing "body collision" so that auto-facing can be taken out.

You scared to run circles instead of walk in a straight line bro?

You mad?

You jelly?

Agree on body collission but stop saying that running in cirkles help.

It does not.

You dont loose channel in eitherway mate.

And its redicilous.

Personally, I have 0 respect for players that manages to do high damage with tracer missile mercs or gunnery commandos, cause it literally takes 0 skill more then positioning, which anyone can do if they want to view the battlefield.

And dont even think about compairing yourself to snipers or gunslingers, these are 2 classes where skillfull classes changes everything.

In the hands of a fresh green to pvp or someone with 10 year mmo pvp experience, when they play a merc or gunnery commando, there is honestly not difference more in a stun once per minute that seems to be hitting the right instead of the wrong target.

Lame class that should be completely overhauled. Or increase the channel with 0.5 seconds but damage remain the same.