How does the juggernaut do for soloing, dailyies, and OPs?

masterbry

I was thinking about making my main a sith juggernaut but I'm courious to how fast I can do dailyes, How well I will perform in ops and pvp, and just other stuff in general. With, my sorcerer i could do all that fast and efficient. I was wondering how the Jugg does in that department?

I was thinking about making my main a sith juggernaut but I'm courious to how fast I can do dailyes, How well I will perform in ops and pvp, and just other stuff in general. With, my sorcerer i could do all that fast and efficient. I was wondering how the Jugg does in that department?

Keep in mind that this is going to come from the perspective of someone who is in almost full 180s in both tank and DPS specs, but...

1) Dailies are fast and easy, especially Oricon. Vengeance is fantastic at soloing Oricon dailies because it can ignore the CC the mobs love to throw at you when you charge in, and if you get low on HP after a few fights in a row, you don't even have to rest, just pop enraged defense and jump into a crowd. You'll heal back to full instantly.

2) Operations: for DPS, having a charge ability comes in handy more often than you think, and groups want armor reduction almost as much as they want a Marauder, so you can fill that role even if a sniper is present (Snipers dislike using Shatter Shot, Mercs do more sustained DPS in Pyro spec). Having a good suite of defenses is always a good thing, and Saber Reflect can be used to cheese some mechanics.

For Tank, Juggs synergize well with either of the other two tank classes, because the other tanks reduce a target's damage, and you reduce a target's accuracy and armor. The AoE taunt can also shield allies, which comes in handy during add phases. I tank for my guild, and they love having a Jugg Tank. We take spikier damage than a Powertech, but our cooldowns are amazing, and can save your whole group in a pinch. We can't cheese as many mechanics as Assassin tanks can, but IMO, a group does best if they have one Jugg tank (diversity is good when it comes to tanks).

3) PvP is amazing. Rage (Smash Monkey) is good for regs and yolo queue, and Vengeance is borderline overpowered. I get top damage nearly every time in PvP. You have taunts, an ally leap, saber reflect, and a massive suite of defensive cooldowns, making you both tough and deadly.

Overall, though? Class is probably the least determining factor right now. My guild never brings me (nor refuses to bring me) to any fight because I'm a Jugg, the only thing that matters is that I can do the fights and that I do/don't have lockouts. You're not "the Jugg", you're "the tank" or "the melee". I know you hear it a lot, "bring the player, not the class", but it really is true in my experience. And seriously, don't worry about not pulling enough DPS -- on fights where I DPS and we need to synchronize our kills, I'm usually the one that gets told to slow the f**k down. :)

• 1 month later...
Keep in mind that this is going to come from the perspective of someone who is in almost full 180s in both tank and DPS specs, but...

1) Dailies are fast and easy, especially Oricon. Vengeance is fantastic at soloing Oricon dailies because it can ignore the CC the mobs love to throw at you when you charge in, and if you get low on HP after a few fights in a row, you don't even have to rest, just pop enraged defense and jump into a crowd. You'll heal back to full instantly.

2) Operations: for DPS, having a charge ability comes in handy more often than you think, and groups want armor reduction almost as much as they want a Marauder, so you can fill that role even if a sniper is present (Snipers dislike using Shatter Shot, Mercs do more sustained DPS in Pyro spec). Having a good suite of defenses is always a good thing, and Saber Reflect can be used to cheese some mechanics.

For Tank, Juggs synergize well with either of the other two tank classes, because the other tanks reduce a target's damage, and you reduce a target's accuracy and armor. The AoE taunt can also shield allies, which comes in handy during add phases. I tank for my guild, and they love having a Jugg Tank. We take spikier damage than a Powertech, but our cooldowns are amazing, and can save your whole group in a pinch. We can't cheese as many mechanics as Assassin tanks can, but IMO, a group does best if they have one Jugg tank (diversity is good when it comes to tanks).

3) PvP is amazing. Rage (Smash Monkey) is good for regs and yolo queue, and Vengeance is borderline overpowered. I get top damage nearly every time in PvP. You have taunts, an ally leap, saber reflect, and a massive suite of defensive cooldowns, making you both tough and deadly.

Overall, though? Class is probably the least determining factor right now. My guild never brings me (nor refuses to bring me) to any fight because I'm a Jugg, the only thing that matters is that I can do the fights and that I do/don't have lockouts. You're not "the Jugg", you're "the tank" or "the melee". I know you hear it a lot, "bring the player, not the class", but it really is true in my experience. And seriously, don't worry about not pulling enough DPS -- on fights where I DPS and we need to synchronize our kills, I'm usually the one that gets told to slow the f**k down. :)

I pretty much 100% agree with all of this.

Yes, thats the problem, a skill like this should be a tank only, but in bioware they dont understand a ****, and make an unstoppable killing machine, especially in ranked, now thanks this "balance improvement" ranked are nearly dead