How do you reload UI in this game?

Raggok

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Ctrl-U takes a few seconds to reload the screen. If the screen is on normally, then hitting Ctrl-U will turn it off. Then hitting Ctrl-U again will turn it back on after a few seconds.

If the screen is already off, then hitting Ctrl-U will start to turn it back on, but if you hit Ctrl-U again, too soon, you'll turn it off again before it can actually come on.

Edited by JediQuaker

If you just want to "hide" the UI, for screenshots or whatever, you can use ALT+Z. And then ALT+Z again to "show" it again. Unlike using CTRL+U, this doesn't completely unload the UI, so it will come back pretty much immediately.

And if your UI is "missing" and CTRL+U doesn't bring it back, it may be you accidentally hit ALT+Z and "hid" it, and need to hit ALT+Z again to bring it back.

• 2 years later...
Nothing happenid, NOTTHING. Everything disappiared. The whole screen, ctrl + U isnt working, nor twice!

I did a login timer to see how long it actually takes to render the world and it corresponds almost EXACTLY with the same time it takes to do a UI reload when you press CTRL-U the second time. Tested on multiple machines to verify.

I think what happens is the first time you hit CTRL-U it hides the interface as expected, the second time you press it to reload the interface it will DELAY by exactly the time it takes for it to actually load, this time varies from one machine to the next based on system specs. On my el crapola old Lenovo laptop it takes 20+ seconds, on my gaming desktop it takes 5 seconds when loaded from HDD or 2 seconds when loaded from SDD.

However you can interrupt the load midway through by pressing CTRL-U again a third time, it will cancel the load and appear like nothing happened, UI will remain hidden.

Hope this helps folks in the future when they think that "pressing CTRL-U a second time didn't do anything. Just give it time and it will load, don't interrupt the load by pressing CTRL-U a 3rd time.