Operation Victory Tournament - *Cancelled*

EricMusco

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well on my server there are a handful of guilds that always get server firsts and do everything HM before the rest have cleared SM.

I'm thinking that this might be a nice competition for them, but what about the other 95% of players?

I mean I don't see how anybody would beat these teams especially when they have multiple alts all geared up to have multiple attempts...

Just too bad most of us won't ever get near these "serious rewards" but it's probably a good way to advertise the game a bit more.

I'm going to guess that you grew up playing team sports where they didn't keep score and everybody got a trophy just for playing.

Competitive events are meant to be just that... competitive.

Not everything is meant to be for everybody.

On the other hand, you've got just as much opportunity to win it as anybody else... if you're good enough.

If you're not, you'll lose.

Fortunately, there's also a category for people who either don't want to compete or aren't good enough to compete.

They're called spectators.

They don't get rewards.

^^ This x100. Who had the brilliant idea of placing adds with millions of HP inside ToS? Those alone take minutes to kill, a stealth team can easily shave 10-15 minutes off of the whole raid; you can never close such a gap with a regular group.

And can we please get a word on the full rules and regulations soon? In Any% speedruns, by default any means to finish the level are allowed, including exploits and glitches, and I don't think they'd want to encourage that.

I've read about a few groups complaining on the forums about it but I've killed her many times without encountering any problems week after week.

Couldn't you deal with that with a couple of Scoundrel/Ops with Smuggle?

Its already been said but worth a bump. If you don't fix Coratanni and Underlurker this is just gonna show everyone on Twitch how buggy the game is. Not exactly good marketing. Even if you fix them people in ops chat will probably be saying things like: 'these are the tactics to not bug it', 'no they fixed that', 'holy **** Bioware actually fixed a bug?' 'well.. they say they did but you know what they are like they probably made it worse like usual'

Yeh that will bring people into the game.

Great idea Bioware. Speed Run for....content that is bugged and some broken. :rolleyes:

Enjoy that door to Coratanni not being there and everyone having to leave and reset your speed run. Enjoy.

Enjoy that Coratanni bugging out and ruining your speed run because she resets. Enjoy!!

Enjoy that Underlurker bugging out in that speed run. ENJOY!!!

GREAT IDEA BIOWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Edited by DarthVengeant

Hey folks,

BioWare is partnering with ESL to host our first ever “Operation Victory” tournament. It is a contest to “speedrun” our 8-man story mode Operations from Shadow of Revan. We wanted to give you about a week’s notice so you have time to get your teams together and establish your strategies.

We will announce all of the details within the next week but here are some of the key pieces of information:

• The competition will be team based and all Operations run will be 8-man story mode
  • The qualifying heat will be one week – starting next Tuesday
  • The entire tournament will run over a few weeks with you submitting your timed runs to ESL
  • The best teams of the qualifying round will advance to the final round – winners based on details we’ll provide
  • There are some serious rewards up for grabs including, but not limited to, cash prizes for the top two teams, in-game items, and even a trip to be our guest at STAR WARS: Celebration!

Look for another post within the next week detailing everything about the contest. I know many of you will be showcasing your practice, and real runs, on Twitch. I will make a separate thread closer to contest where you can post your twitch channels along with dates/times! I am looking forward to seeing all of the great Operations runs.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

It would be good to have something similar for the pvp community

it should be based on each server with at least 4 imp and 4 pub teams advancing and yeah you can give "cash" prizes to the top 2 overall but you should also give something to the top imp and pub teams on each server so that everyone has a fair chance based upon the skill pool of that server. There should also be something nice just for participating.

Well on my server there are a handful of guilds that always get server firsts and do everything HM before the rest have cleared SM.

I'm thinking that this might be a nice competition for them, but what about the other 95% of players?

I mean I don't see how anybody would beat these teams especially when they have multiple alts all geared up to have multiple attempts...

Just too bad most of us won't ever get near these "serious rewards" but it's probably a good way to advertise the game a bit more.

Yeah, this is gonna be a joke.

Can I just say that you guys literally have the worst timing ever? Out of every gear tier we've ever had, you chose the single one which was ruined by a gear exploit? You didn't take away the exploited gear, that's common knowledge. So, let me get this straight, you're giving out CASH PRIZES to the exploiters? :rolleyes: If I was as fickle as half the other people on these forums, I'd unsub right now. Edited by idnewton

The bugs are a good thing it adds an element of randomness. Otherwise they should just give the money to Zorz and save us all a bunch of time.

The fact that its competitive PVE is a joke. Just ditch PVP from the game and have done with it. I guess ESL looked at arenas and laughed so Bioware sold them on speed runs of faceroll content for top guilds instead.

8v8 GSF would have been a better format than speed run SM ops.

Not to dig up the dead again, but if they'd done this when we had 8v8 ranked PVP. :rolleyes:

My only question would be about the rules regarding group members.

Can each person only be in one group?

I'm only asking because many members of my guild, including myself, raid in many groups with different guilds. I would guess that only being in one group would make sense, but BW doesn't always do things that make a whole lot of sense. :rolleyes:

All I am gonna say is this is the first time I feel BW is hyping this game in about 2 years. Sure Cora can be buggy at times. And lurker well I have not seen it bug once since the fix. And even if you get a red cross good teams survive it. So why cant we enjoy this for what it is a competition to see who can bring the best ideas forward combined with good dps. This is not all about winning its about enjoying and seeing how far you can take it with your guild. Again awesome idea BW. But lets make sure we get a PvP tourney Next with some new maps cauz that would be more the SWTOR we all want to see. One that engages the community and keep us wanting more.

-ducks

I like the idea, but again, right after the gear exploit which wasn't reversed like you claimed it would be?

This competition will be determined by who abused the exploit the hardest without getting ban hammered.

Great idea, terrible execution. You should have waited til the next tier of gear.

Do you get mad when it is someone else's birthday, they get presents and you don't? Today is not your birthday.

Birthday and reward for hardcore PVE player that completed HM version of this ops (Ofc all winner will be in full 198) a little different thing. Why Bioware created that contests if its oblivious that hardcore guild like Zorz or hardcore raid will win no matter how hard trying other people.

In my opinion more better if they add mirror instance let's call it "Time-run instance" so when raid-leader click "Time-run mode" everyone enter to instance and they get bolster to full 198 gear.

Edited by LosevV