Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Planetary Bonus Mission Conversion Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Planetary Bonus Mission Conversion Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlCiao
03.10.2020 , 11:53 AM | #41
I'm glad to see more daily content.

But now this makes me wonder if there is hope for what I really want: the return of Ilum dailies!

I love dailies, they're my primary gameplay, and Ilum particularly is a planet I find beautiful and relaxing in atmosphere.

It never made sense to remove them from the game, and there was never any acknowledgement from the devs (at least on Dev Tracker), much less an explanation as to why.
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>

starphoenixsoul
03.10.2020 , 02:47 PM | #42
Ran into an issue with Hoth's bonus series: I'm using a copied character that had already completed the Hoth bonus series, and while I was able to pick up the bonus series just fine in Aurek base, I can't continue. The next step is "Complete 'The Lost Patrol' for Captain Armaruk", but whenever my character talks to Captain Armaruk, I get post-quest dialogue instead of the cutscene to pick up 'The Lost Patrol'.

GrievousReborn
03.11.2020 , 02:34 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AlCiao View Post
I'm glad to see more daily content.

But now this makes me wonder if there is hope for what I really want: the return of Ilum dailies!

I love dailies, they're my primary gameplay, and Ilum particularly is a planet I find beautiful and relaxing in atmosphere.

It never made sense to remove them from the game, and there was never any acknowledgement from the devs (at least on Dev Tracker), much less an explanation as to why.
Ilum dailes? the only missions i can guess you are talking about are the missions they hid and that to do them again you have to open up you map and click the little box that says something like enable exploration missions but they only can be played one per character and when i think of dailes i think of missions you can do once a day so don't know if they are what you are talking about

IzumiCurtis
03.11.2020 , 04:52 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousReborn View Post
Ilum dailes? the only missions i can guess you are talking about are the missions they hid and that to do them again you have to open up you map and click the little box that says something like enable exploration missions but they only can be played one per character and when i think of dailes i think of missions you can do once a day so don't know if they are what you are talking about
Right. And you used to be able to do them more than once. Then they turned them once per character.
Need a referral? Click the following link! http://www.swtor.com/r/LggkN9

AlCiao
03.14.2020 , 01:00 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by GrievousReborn View Post
As IzumiCurtis said, you used to be able to do them once per day instead of once per character. They were almost "hidden" in terms of being dailies, because they never had the [DAILY] tag on them like other dailies do.

I will also add that, even with the Exploratory Missions checkbox in Map on, one or two missions (at least impside) aren't accessible anymore at all, not even once per character. (As I've noted on more than one brand new character reaching Ilum.)
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>

CherryFlight
03.15.2020 , 01:07 AM | #46
More Belsavis Bonus Series testing:

When I noticed the trouble mission for the Belsavis bonus from my previous post had been reset on logging into my Imperial Agent, I thought it was fixed. Unfortunately, Locke still wonít allow him to turn in the quest. Abandoning both quest and backbone was met with Locke acting as if Iíd cleared the mission without giving it to me in the first place this time. Testing pubside on my Smuggler....had mixed results. It worked mostly as intended, but the quest ďRiotĒ was skipped - it asked me to complete no objectives, but directed me straight to Devlin, where the quest chain continued as normal. Otherwise, I was able to complete the bonus series without any problems.

To see if the impside set was broken or if it was just my agent, I switched to my Sith Warrior to see if he could overcome the hurdle my agent had stumbled over. Short answer: Nope.

Conclusion: Belsavis bonus series works fine for Republic characters in current PTS build (with a single hiccup that only affects the story flow - would like it fixed but itís playable at least), but is broken for Imperials.

CherryFlight
03.16.2020 , 02:30 AM | #47
Did Nar Shaddaa this time, on my Knight and my Agent, both having already completed them before their import from live. The Republic side went smoothly, so nothing really to say there.

The Imperial side had a small wrinkle that thankfully didnít inflict playability. On the last quest, after speaking to Narvusin to initiate it, the backbone missionís description is blank, though the map marker still correctly points you to Stron. On speaking to him, the mission Zero Protocol is correctly granted, but the backbone mission directs you to return to Narvusin! I imagine itís possible to skip the last quest through this, though I didnít try. I was more interested in finding out if the turn-in for Zero Protocol was intact or if it would interfere with the clearly-glitched backbone. Thankfully, it didnít interfere, and I was able to both collect its reward and finish the bonus series! Still, might want to look into avoiding the ability to sequence-break the plot.

As far as actual feedback goes, Iíd like to +1 the sentiment that rewards need to be made more relevant. Iím not complaining about the Alliance Crates at the end (I will never complain about another repeatable source of crates, variety is a good thing), but the individual quest rewards are largely irrelevant now - especially the companion off-hands, which donít even have cosmetic value! Maybe consider changing the individual bonus series quests to give level-scaled gear the way heroics do before the switch over to crates?

Ottoattack
03.16.2020 , 11:13 AM | #48
If possible, can we make all planetary missions repeatable, not just the story line ones? And of course, scale conquest, experience and credits to your current level.

CherryFlight
03.17.2020 , 05:33 PM | #49
Hi again, it looks like Hoth is broken for both sides, on characters that have completed it before. My Agent could not receive the first mission from Jevad and my Knight could not receive the first quest from Armaruk.

I noticed there was a small patch but Iím not sure what it was for. Probably some other area of testing. Impside Belsavis is still broken too. Are the others ready for testing yet? (Also, which Balmorra and Taris will be available for testing? Both?)