Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
03.05.2020 , 03:14 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone!

In addition to The Nature of Progress Operation getting Master Mode and the new Set Bonuses, Game Update 6.1.1 will see some Class changes. Primarily our focus is towards adjusting how healing works. Below you will find a list of changes that can be found on the upcoming PTS build for Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights.

Juggernaut / Guardian

Vengeance / Vigilance

• Destroyer's bleeding / Keening's burning effect bonus damage increased from 10% to 15%
  • Gushing Vein's bleeding / Smoldering Saber's burning effect critical chance bonus increased from 5% to 10%

Rage / Focus

• Brutality / Swift Slash now increases the critical strike chance of Furious Strike / Concentrated Slice and Vicious Throw / Dispatch by 15% (up from 10%)
  • The Perseverance Tactical has been redesigned:
    • Using Obliterate / Zealous Leap with Furious Power / Force Clarity causes it to critically hit and increases your critical strike chance by 20% for 2 seconds

Marauder/ Sentinel

Carnage / Combat

• Sever / Saber Storm now increases the critical strike damage of Devastating Blast / Clashing Blast and Massacre / Blade Rush by 15% (up from 10%)
  • Ataru Mastery now increases the damage deal by Ataru Form attacks by 5% (up from 3%)

Let us know what your thoughts! Please tell us if you think certain changes make a class overpowered or underpowered. Throughout the next week or so, a thread for Troopers/Bounty Hunters will be created with their respective changes.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

RussellRichter
03.05.2020 , 08:15 PM | #2
Just wanted to point out that the Brutality passive for rage still says it is giving 10% extra crit chance, NOT 15% on the PTS. Also i had read a datamined post earlier that mentioned the buff to cascading power (5% > 10%) which IS reflected in game, however not in the original post here.

EDIT: These how now been fixed as of the most recent refresh

DavidAtkinson
03.05.2020 , 10:43 PM | #3
I just cannot believe there isn't ANY mention of marauders which you seem to be ignoring totally in this expansion.....

Fury is still the unchallenged PVP god of the class while carnage is still kept in the total joke state while anni is still inferior to lethality

There is no reason to play anything else in PVP but fury when it comes marauders so please show the other 2 specs some love too...
Darth Malgus Server
Delusional Marauder Main

RussellRichter
03.06.2020 , 02:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I just cannot believe there isn't ANY mention of marauders which you seem to be ignoring totally in this expansion.....

Fury is still the unchallenged PVP god of the class while carnage is still kept in the total joke state while anni is still inferior to lethality

There is no reason to play anything else in PVP but fury when it comes marauders so please show the other 2 specs some love too...
Fury actually got buffed, cascading power damage went from 5% > 10%

EDIT: This actually just got reverted as of the most recent update, so nevermind

simritrocks
03.06.2020 , 11:53 AM | #5
I honestly wish rage would get a better buff considering its worse than fury and vengeance in terms of aoe and single target damage along with having meh utility passives comparatively

Beyrahl
03.06.2020 , 01:48 PM | #6
Can we please see some changes to survival?

Rework Endure pain? It's the last double-edged defensive in the game if you're not counting getting automatically killed for holotraversing and phantom striding.
Other ones like this were consuming darkness and undying rage. They got reworked and they're great.

Make ED give less stacks but heals more per tick? Most deaths related to ED are players doing MORE damage than what ED ticks heal for.

Give CC immunity for the duration of blade turning? (Near immunity to white doesn't last long, 2 seconds iirc.)
While CC'd defense chance doesn't work, this could help fill in gaps to gain CC immunity for its duration if not
white barred already.

Fix warmonger? .. Please. The CDR works on the charge, you just do not gain the charge until the full original CD is over.

Update reflect to reflect more damage types outside of AoE? You still take damage by instant abilities that aren't yellow currently.

Anything would really help it, these are just ideas.

KendraP
03.06.2020 , 03:03 PM | #7
on survival, i've made the suggestion to make reflect also reflect melee damage myself. It already works on single target, direct force, ranged, and tech attacks. add melee to that list, and it become like merc reflect, minus the healing component. (like with mercs, aoe is actually a way around reflect, as it works on Single Target Direct abilities).

I'd say FD needed a rescale in general, but I haven't PvPed much with the new tactical. I want to see how that works out before suggesting returning the ability to a heal to full.

What is your suggestion for enure?

Edit: I did a significant amount of PvP for the first time since the tactical was released. It's awesome for tanks, but vigi doesn't really have the survivability to benefit. Better to keep the smash monkey.

DavidAtkinson
03.07.2020 , 04:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RussellRichter View Post
Fury actually got buffed, cascading power damage went from 5% > 10%

EDIT: This actually just got reverted as of the most recent update, so nevermind
That is exactly the problem... They keep buffing that spec and I just don't understand why while leaving Anni and Carnage behind...
Darth Malgus Server
Delusional Marauder Main

ZolanSilverspear
03.07.2020 , 10:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
That is exactly the problem... They keep buffing that spec and I just don't understand why while leaving Anni and Carnage behind...
First of all the %5 buff has been rolled back with the patch yesterday.

Second carnage has been left behind, as a spec that is only useful in PvP... oh well.... in 2.0? It has a nice burst, that is useful in PvP.

Fury can use a slight buff (not that it needs one), it is slightly underperforming in capped content, since crit isn't as useful as power, which is capped. %5 increase in cascaded power, which is roughly a %2-3 in damage increase would have been nice.

The discussion is mute, it is not there.

KendraP
03.13.2020 , 01:09 AM | #10
I guess we really dont have much to say on changes to guardians... though it would be really nice to fix some of the bugs in set bonuses, abilities, and utilities.