Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inquisitor and Consular Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Inquisitor and Consular Class Changes in 6.1.1 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rayneneverwind
03.05.2020 , 08:37 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ottffsse View Post
so I ran some quick parses on sorc

changes on sorc will make each of those sorc specs parse about 22k on average +/- 500 on crit fyi, sure if you get lucky on crit you maybe you hit 23k on like 1/1000 parses on 6.5mil; yeah and force speed to alacrity change is dumb and clunky, basically unduly penalized to make a mechanic more clunky

this changes don't really affect madness it is the same, lightning gets a noticeable nerf to damage.
Just finished a round of parsing myself. Can confirm the changes to Gathering Storm have a noticeable nerf and makes the rotation feel completely clunky and awkward. Several rotational blocks had GCDs of "well my PS isn't off CD for another 8 seconds and force speed is up but that means I'm 3 seconds behind and welp rip there goes that parse". BUT I did notice some weirdness with Force Speed and Polarity Shift - mainly that when I used FS it didn't seem like the proc to PS actually was showing up. But that could just be PTS weirdness.

I'm not happy.
Creator and Host of Entering Operations
The Rann Legacy: Satele Shan
The Exoci Legacy: Star Forge
May the 4rd be with you.
Twitch Youtube

BadMrSlappy
03.05.2020 , 09:17 PM | #22
For the love of god DO NOT LET THE DEATH KNELL NERF GO THROUGH.

It's bad enough that shadow tanks have such underwhelming tank tacticals and set bonus options already. A large portion of us have switched to Death Knell just to boost our DPS and be of use in groups. Now not only do you remove a large portion of our damage by only giving us ONE autocrit per use of force potency, but you also felt the need to take away Spinning Strike's ability to autocrit too? Just why?

This has to be an out of season april fool's joke, right?

EmperorRus
03.06.2020 , 12:30 AM | #23
Quote:
6 piece - Using Force Speed now reduces the active cooldown of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds), and the duration of Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity is now increased by 5 seconds (down from 10 seconds) and requires Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity to be used while Force Speed is active
NO
Force Speed(1.5 sec) is just too short.

Quote:
Madness / Balance
Disintegration / Critical Kinesis critical chance bonus increased from 5% to 15%
Fulminating Current / Psychokinetic Torrent critical chance bonus given per stack increased from 2% to 3%
Not enough. Look at parses, please - Madness is underperforming to IO/Viru

xordevoreaux
03.06.2020 , 12:39 AM | #24
So my sage seer will still be a great healer after this.... if everyone can stay alive long enough for the heal-over-times to do their thing. Nerfing the bursty portion of heals means my guild ops groups will gravitate even more to the gun-toting healers that can knock out heals faster.

In those last few precious seconds before a wipe, it's not a long slow heal that'll save the day. It's the burst heal.

I'm already sitting on 3230+ alacrity on my main sage healer. I don't see how I'll be keeping up with the heals.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

merovejec
03.06.2020 , 01:18 AM | #25
Finnaly they nerfed Death Knell!! Good Job Devs and Thank you!
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

Erdling
03.06.2020 , 03:11 AM | #26
The Healers need a greater buff !
The new Force Cost and some changes at the mechanics need to be tested .
The Set-Bonus need to be changed :
Empowered Restorer : 4 piece - a hot after applied ? 6 piece - a heal after applied ? it can only be useful , if you apply the Static Barrier / Force Armor after a player gets damage
Revitalized Mystic : 4 piece - ok , need a test . 6 piece - only a 15% chance to get another tick ? you need many heals on 1 target , that this is useful
all i can read with these sets is , 1 set for group healing , 1 set for tank healing
Tacticals need to be tested .
More credit sink ...
Ok , i come to the "Healing Buffs" . All healing classes need to be buffed , Soldier , Smuggler and Sage!
Why? all round about with 306 Equip
At Level 70 you have 130 000 Life /// At Level 75 you have 260 000 Life
your Healing Abilties healing 10% Life /// your Healing Abilities healing 5% Life
the big Heal heals 11 000 Hp /// the big Heal heals 13000 Hp

you can see that on all Healing Classes , an max 30% increased Healing from Level 70 to 75
some Bugs in Fps and Ops do the rest to give up a healing Class at the moment !
Some Self-Heal-Abilities from some Classes do much more Heal .
I think a buff from 70-100 % on all Healing-Abilities on all classes is the right way ! Better nerf this later again , but this at the moment since 6.0 , is a big Joke for all Players , which are playing a Healer .

Sorry for all this and my bad english !

But these small changes are changing nothing !

blodvite
03.06.2020 , 04:30 AM | #27
Hey Bioware

Want to know something thats annoying? Re-designing a set bonus completely after people have got it.

Give me back my 1.5s reduced cd on Healing Trance.
T1, All Seasons.

RIP TOFN.

Darth_Mardus
03.06.2020 , 04:42 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by rayneneverwind View Post
Just finished a round of parsing myself. Can confirm the changes to Gathering Storm have a noticeable nerf and makes the rotation feel completely clunky and awkward. Several rotational blocks had GCDs of "well my PS isn't off CD for another 8 seconds and force speed is up but that means I'm 3 seconds behind and welp rip there goes that parse". BUT I did notice some weirdness with Force Speed and Polarity Shift - mainly that when I used FS it didn't seem like the proc to PS actually was showing up. But that could just be PTS weirdness.

I'm not happy.
Did some parses as well and not happy at all. It is not rebalancing, it is just a stupid nerf. If they want set bonus to less affect our dmg, that's okay, just compensate it enough by some buffs to basic abilities and utilities. What's done for now is just a spit to our faces. What's the problem Bioware? We at last become a decent dps since 3.0 and now, you returning us to the very bottom? Seriously? Why?
Hope these changes will not go to live and will be reworked.

Kozuka
03.06.2020 , 04:48 AM | #29
I'm very concerned about the Death Knell changes/Assassin changes.

This is clearly targetted as a PvP balance change (is Assassin really oppressive? clearly you think it is), but the potential knock on effect for PvE is huge.

Assassin is definitely NOT top tier in PvE, and these changes have the potential to make it even worse. I'm not a big fan of trying to shift the death knell damage onto surging charge at all.
Jadev | Sith Assassin | Darth Malgus EU

DzastinBiberi
03.06.2020 , 05:11 AM | #30
Assassin / Shadow

The Death Knell Set Bonus has changed:
4 piece: The cooldown of Recklessness / Force Potency is reduced by 15 seconds. Whenever you activate Recklessness / Force Potency you gain Reckless Critical, making your next Maul / Shadow Strike or Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike critically hit

So one crit Maul every 1+ minute? Really? And where's Assassinate? Did you forget about that ability?

Hatred / Serenity

Languishing Lashes / Atrophying Attacks now increases the damage of Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike by 20% against enemies with less than 30% health

Like this is gonna help the spec that has paper like armor, no DR on stun, 20k hit on Leeching Strike, 200 hp heals on DOTs, poor energy managment and spam Lacerate and pray to God that you've reached someone with it to spread your DoTs.

Severing Slash / Cleaving Cut now spreads Discharge / Force Breach and Creeping Terror / Sever Force periodic effects.

See, this would be a good idea, if Severing Slash range wasn't 5 meters and if it wouldn't cost so much Force.

Replace it with Death Field, increase it's range and radius and viola, you made one good change for Hatred spec.

This will never happen 'cause BW knows best...

Fulguration / Rebounding Force now correctly applies to the Two Time Trouble tactical