Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(MM) pvp max dmg build?

johnyangelo
05.08.2012 , 02:21 AM | #1
This is what I'm aiming for, I surly want to be MM because it's the most fun for me because it's so tricky.

My goal is to have max. single target burst damage.

Any thoughts?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400rsrbkRoRGZbIbZh.1

NoTomorrow
05.08.2012 , 02:26 AM | #2
I was able to lower ambush activate to 1 second with sniper volley, alacrity skill and target acquired. Can you imagine what a great potential this has?

johnyangelo
05.08.2012 , 02:47 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
I was able to lower ambush activate to 1 second with sniper volley, alacrity skill and target acquired. Can you imagine what a great potential this has?
Yes, but thing is, ambush has quite a long CD and with target aquired it's tricky to time it that you will have ambush actually ready for that. That's why I have only one point there, because often happens to me that ambush is on CD when I got TA.

TheUlfarr
05.08.2012 , 04:32 AM | #4
you shoot ambush when Reactive Shot will trigger, so things like 2 points in Reactive Shoot + Rapid Fire are must for MM

Stroke of Genius is pointless because you have Snap Shot, i don't like Heavy Shoot either

so mine will look like this:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400rcrbdRsRGoZbcZh.1

DweezillKagemand
05.08.2012 , 07:53 AM | #5
No, it isn't.

Marksman's DPS disgusts me.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Lithy
05.08.2012 , 04:53 PM | #6
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400bsrbdRsRGoZbfZh.1 Stroke of genius is pretty not good for MM. This will give you the highest controlled single target burst possible. W/ sniper volly up SoS can be on a near 1 second cast timer with target acquired. Even without that TA + RF will get you more damage than 1 extra point in explosive engineering ever will.

You can put points into leg shot as well for when u need it, I do that sometimes.
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

theangryllama
05.08.2012 , 08:42 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithy View Post
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400bsrbdRsRGoZbfZh.1 Stroke of genius is pretty not good for MM. This will give you the highest controlled single target burst possible. W/ sniper volly up SoS can be on a near 1 second cast timer with target acquired. Even without that TA + RF will get you more damage than 1 extra point in explosive engineering ever will.

You can put points into leg shot as well for when u need it, I do that sometimes.
Yeah many people dislike rapid fire but if you use in combination with TA you get a period of the highest DPS that sniper can do. TA + SoS - RF - SoS - SoS. PvE wise your only delaying FT by 4s or so and its worth it and for PvP id be impressed when someone can survive 1-2k damage per half second for 6s unless they have guard and some pretty good dedicated heals

Lithy
05.09.2012 , 12:02 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by theangryllama View Post
Yeah many people dislike rapid fire but if you use in combination with TA you get a period of the highest DPS that sniper can do. TA + SoS - RF - SoS - SoS. PvE wise your only delaying FT by 4s or so and its worth it and for PvP id be impressed when someone can survive 1-2k damage per half second for 6s unless they have guard and some pretty good dedicated heals
Rapid fire is amazing, i love it. A reduced CD could make it better but still very much worth the point.
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

johnyangelo
05.09.2012 , 01:29 AM | #9
Thx, I'm gonna go for it, especially that triple SoS combo seems powerful since it ticks for 1300+ for me

theangryllama
05.09.2012 , 01:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithy View Post
Rapid fire is amazing, i love it. A reduced CD could make it better but still very much worth the point.
Reduced CD wouldn't do a whole lot as its only really worth it if you save it for TA + relics which are both 2min cooldowns anyway.
Outside of that keeping a standard FT every 6s rotation is better