Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

<----------The Best Sniper / Gunslinger PvP Guide ---------->

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
<----------The Best Sniper / Gunslinger PvP Guide ---------->

Dinnake's Avatar


Dinnake
11.17.2015 , 06:49 PM | #11
Highest crit I've gotten was roughly 27k. It will depend a lot on your target. Can't say what it is with or without smugglers luck.

Mortezu's Avatar


Mortezu
11.22.2015 , 03:51 AM | #12
Hey thanks for making this thread. I've recently started playing swtor after many years and atm playing with the Sniper (level 59 atm). Right now I'm not 100% sure what type of Utility I should be taking so I would appreciate your input on this. I agree with your Skillfull abilities, I had Calculated Pursuit instead of Imperial Efficiency but I wasn't really using Overload Shot often so I changed that.

At Masterful I have Reestablish Range and Lumbering Impact. At Heroic I have Series of Snares and Debilitating Shots. Reason for these is I'm trying to be as annoying as I can with a pretty much permanent slow on my targets. I like the talents you picked and will definitely try them out but I kinda like having people slowed at 50%-80% at all times. What do you think of these?

I say again that I'm new (a month at most atm with swtor) and trying to find out how most people play their Snipers.

Dinnake's Avatar


Dinnake
11.24.2015 , 11:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Mortezu View Post
Hey thanks for making this thread. I've recently started playing swtor after many years and atm playing with the Sniper (level 59 atm). Right now I'm not 100% sure what type of Utility I should be taking so I would appreciate your input on this. I agree with your Skillfull abilities, I had Calculated Pursuit instead of Imperial Efficiency but I wasn't really using Overload Shot often so I changed that.

At Masterful I have Reestablish Range and Lumbering Impact. At Heroic I have Series of Snares and Debilitating Shots. Reason for these is I'm trying to be as annoying as I can with a pretty much permanent slow on my targets. I like the talents you picked and will definitely try them out but I kinda like having people slowed at 50%-80% at all times. What do you think of these?

I say again that I'm new (a month at most atm with swtor) and trying to find out how most people play their Snipers.
What discipline did you choose?

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
11.24.2015 , 11:49 AM | #14
Me, I have decided to give my newest Gunslinger all available defensive points I could get in the Sharpshooter Discipline.
Because at least in PvP, it is needed.
I don't know about the other disciplines, because I hardly ever play them.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Mortezu's Avatar


Mortezu
11.25.2015 , 07:54 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dinnake View Post
What discipline did you choose?
Marksman. Thinking of trying Virulence as well since I used to play warlock in WoW.

Dinnake's Avatar


Dinnake
11.25.2015 , 08:59 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Mortezu View Post
Marksman. Thinking of trying Virulence as well since I used to play warlock in WoW.
This is my typical marksman build:

Skillfull: Balistic Dampners, Snap Shot, Pulse Screen
Masterful: Seek Cover, Pillbox Sniper, Reestablish Range
Heroic: Series of Snares

I use the same build for Engineer as well. For virulence I make changes. Fair warning Virulence is significantly underperforming compared to the other two disciplines. The dot damage is terrible, ramp up time for cull (main attack) is too long, and there is no burst. Of the three it's my favorite, but sadly I've moved to engineer for the time being.

In case you want to try here is what I would recommend changing:

Skillful: same as above
Masterful/Heroic: replace Series of Snares and Reestablish Range with Augmented Shields and Lumbering Impact

Series of Shots is mostly a filler for Virulence, so I don't recommend spending any utility points buffing it. I also don't use any Heroic Utilities as Virulence.

As with everything I suggest you experiment with utilities to find what suits your playstyle. Give it a good time before making changes though.

Mortezu's Avatar


Mortezu
11.28.2015 , 06:54 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dinnake View Post
This is my typical marksman build:

Skillfull: Balistic Dampners, Snap Shot, Pulse Screen
Masterful: Seek Cover, Pillbox Sniper, Reestablish Range
Heroic: Series of Snares

I use the same build for Engineer as well. For virulence I make changes. Fair warning Virulence is significantly underperforming compared to the other two disciplines. The dot damage is terrible, ramp up time for cull (main attack) is too long, and there is no burst. Of the three it's my favorite, but sadly I've moved to engineer for the time being.

In case you want to try here is what I would recommend changing:

Skillful: same as above
Masterful/Heroic: replace Series of Snares and Reestablish Range with Augmented Shields and Lumbering Impact

Series of Shots is mostly a filler for Virulence, so I don't recommend spending any utility points buffing it. I also don't use any Heroic Utilities as Virulence.

As with everything I suggest you experiment with utilities to find what suits your playstyle. Give it a good time before making changes though.
Thank you for the reply. I will try out your builds. It seems that Seek Cover and Pillbox Sniper are kind of must have though I rarely use Entrench. Shame that Virulence seems the lesser of the three though I will try that build as well. Thank you again and have a great weekend.

Thaladan's Avatar


Thaladan
11.28.2015 , 07:03 AM | #18
you rarely use entrench... in PvP

legend of hyperspace

thereter's Avatar


thereter
11.28.2015 , 08:01 AM | #19
The reason you take power over crit for some the gear is the same reason you do it for Concentration/Fury Sentinel/Marauder in PvP.

Quote: Originally Posted by Goblin_Lackey View Post
In all cases it is a dps LOSS to use any Mastery and/or Power Augments in comparison to using Alacrity or Critical. This only does not hold true if you leave the best stat in the game, Alacrity, at zero.