Target stack bug?

Laiov

I'm not actually sure this is a bug so much as a quirk of the way the game functions, but I find it to be problematic anyway, so I thought I'd start a thread.

Here's the issue. Sometimes in the midst of combat I'll quickly switch targets by left-clicking. I will then immediately begin casting on the new target, but the server won't register that I've changed targets before casting even though my client has, resulting in my next attack appearing to hit my last target instead of my current target.

So the stack of commands is entered like this and it looks like this client-side:

[left-click] target switches from mob1 to mob2

[key 1] begin casting Thundering Blast

But it seems to execute like this:

[key 1] begin casting Thundering Blast

[event] Thundering Blast cast complete

[left-click] target switches from mob1 to mob2

Yet if I switch targets in the midst of combat with the 'next target' function (bound to Tab by default) instead of with the left-click target function, this issue does not occur. At first I thought this was input lag related specifically to my mouse vs my keyboard. But I have since bound the 'next target' function to my mouse as well, and this behavior still does not occur when I use it.

So the game seems to have separate stacks for stuff like targeting commands and attack commands, and it seems like attack commands are prioritized on the stack over certain other commands. I suggest this be tweaked such that the order of targeting commands is always preserved over a 'begin casting' command regardless of the input function used to change the target.

That the left-click targeting is not, it seems, prioritized in this way results in nuking the wrong target. In other words, the UI is not as responsive as it should be.

Edited by Laiov