Guardian Mods

MasterWook

I am trying to craft good mods for a tank ie Guardian Mods, but I see that they are not available for a cybertech. Is there any that I can RE to gain the schematic? I also looked on the GTN and found no schematics. Just wondering where I go to find/build Guardian Mods. I know they exist because I have on in a piece of Armor my Tank is wearing. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

P.S. Should I be putting strength mods in for my gear for now?...even though I want him to be a heavy damage sponge....?

I'm sure you have already tried this, but it might be a good idea to double check with the skill trainer on the fleet. It is possible to level up your crafting skill, and still miss out on different pieces as they become available. Also, maybe you have one of the filters on the actual crew skill vendor turned off. Double check that you can view "all available." I hope this helps.

I believe you are right on Cybertechs not having any Guardian Mods (or any tank mods for the matter). There are Tank Armoring schematics. If anything, your best bet is to just purchase the mods with planetary commendations. They are only 2 commendations per MOD (whereas hilts, barrels, and armorings are 7).

Just spend a little while doing quests and you should be able to afford putting tank mods in whatever gear you can modify.

Yes I have checked with the trainer I am sure they are not available. Can we be 100% certain Guardian Mods Are a Cybertech item available for crafting. Also as far as Planet commendations there are no guardian mods available there. They are all deft or might or other various mods. No guardian. Edited by MasterWook
Spelling error

I suppose so, however, the thing that still bugs me is that I know Guardian Mods Exist, because I have one! Its a level Guardian Mod 16. Its blue. And I checked on the GTN and there were two Guardian Mod 15 that were purple. I am just confused because they must have been item drops, thats the only thing I can figure....

Guardian mods more than likely are just item drops or can be found in purchasable commendation gear.

It should not be a big deal leveling with the mods you can craft. I did it with my Vanguard using the +power mods and did just fine. Heck it's probably better that way so you don't take even longer to kill stuff (absent that power bonuses).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Agreed. Just buy the mods with planetary coins, i do occasionally check the galatic market in case someone has listed the schematic, but I've been doing that since December of 2011 and still haven't found one.

I believe you are right on Cybertechs not having any Guardian Mods (or any tank mods for the matter). There are Tank Armoring schematics. If anything, your best bet is to just purchase the mods with planetary commendations. They are only 2 commendations per MOD (whereas hilts, barrels, and armorings are 7).

Just spend a little while doing quests and you should be able to afford putting tank mods in whatever gear you can modify.