Season 1 PVP Rewards

moonstomp

I assume that you are badmouthing it because you are bad at GSF.

i played it a couple times as a gunship. it's fine, just not something to base a game around. and my point still stands that no one good does it.

the first game i played was filled with people's names that i had NEVER seen before...not running on fleet, talking in chat, in a wz, ranked, etc...and i have a very good memory for names

i thought for a second i got in a match with chinese gold farmers

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More stuff and effort for pvpers. Terrific.

Now what about pve-ers when do we get some love? Starting to feel rather like a second class citizen here.

A very bored second class citizen, who's sub is coming up for renewal again.:( Oh wait, we get that lucky7 pos.

I don't know, as a PvE player I feel like I get more stuff than the PvP players.

Sure GSF is PvP, but it's a completely different PvP (let's call it PvP-B whereas character combat would be PvP-A).

So I think PvP-A could use some more love.

Yap it sure is. Anything people have to say they were the best or up their on the chain, or any other thing just to feel good about themselves is what happens. It's the same in real life. Any little thing people have that the other person doesn't because THEY did their best while the other person didn't do their best and wants an award for participation, they take seriously and feel achieved.

If the other person didn't get it you know what you do? Work harder next time and try to achieve that goal!

It's like a Mary Kay car. It lets people know you are good at what you do and serves as an incentive to those who also sell Mary Kay (or PvP).

I don't covet what other people earned so... just the bear, and I'll give it back when you're calm.

I am calm actually. I'm sure that surprises you. I calmly cancelled my sub, because, the game failed to meet my expectations, and this was just the cherry on the sundae to be honest.

I am calm actually. I'm sure that surprises you. I calmly cancelled my sub, because, the game failed to meet my expectations, and this was just the cherry on the sundae to be honest.

You can't claim you're a "PvE player". If you were, then the numerous daily areas and flashpoints that have been added recently should give you something to do. New operations coming soon. Plenty of events that come up along the way.

Now if you're telling me you only care about NiM ops, then you have to be patient. For whatever reason, it takes a bit of time to get a good one together :rak_03:

People being rewarded for their efforts pushed you over the edge? That's just sad. I hope things start going better for you.

People being rewarded for their efforts pushed you over the edge? That's just sad. I hope things start going better for you.

It's been building up for a long time. This is just the cherry on the sundae. There are not going to be class and companion story extensions, there is no cosmetic window, no proper housing, and I've completed what I'm interested in doing, and crafting/collecting cartel rubbish isn't enough to hold me. There is nothing on the horizon of interest to me. Not to mention most of my toons are so disfigured looking right now, I can't even bear to run them about. Been waiting for them to fix the maxi pad glitch for ages now.

I would have welcomed a chance to earn some nice things, because I do believe in working for stuff, I'm just not a pvper, and its become painfully obvious, that the people who run this favour pvp...by the content they've given, but the way pve people are treated, as evidenced by the forum scuffle from the last event about pveers getting endlessly griefed and such.

It's just become obvious to me, that it's time to go. You know what they say, when it stops being fun...stop doing it.

It's been building up for a long time. This is just the cherry on the sundae. There are not going to be class and companion story extensions, there is no cosmetic window, no proper housing, and I've completed what I'm interested in doing, and crafting/collecting cartel rubbish isn't enough to hold me. There is nothing on the horizon of interest to me. Not to mention most of my toons are so disfigured looking right now, I can't even bear to run them about. Been waiting for them to fix the maxi pad glitch for ages now.

I would have welcomed a chance to earn some nice things, because I do believe in working for stuff, I'm just not a pvper, and its become painfully obvious, that the people who run this favour pvp...by the content they've given, but the way pve people are treated, as evidenced by the forum scuffle from the last event about pveers getting endlessly griefed and such.

It's just become obvious to me, that it's time to go. You know what they say, when it stops being fun...stop doing it.

and do you know why that is?

cuz people like you, aka your pve and rp compatriots, all get milked by the CM

so guess what? they have NO incentive to improve upon anything else when they can keep releasing those packs and the majority of people who post in the general forums just continue to eat them up

I couldn't agree with the last bit more. My philosophy, too. I don't agree with your perception of the dev focus, but you're at least being mature and thoughtful in your explanation. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

See ya soon, though! :t_tongue:

Considering they told us that ranked would be getting rewards going all the way back to the very first announcement of season one, I don't see why people are flipping out.

Besides I'm willing to bet that NiM DP will have that robo rancor as the mount.

and do you know why that is?

cuz people like you, aka your pve and rp compatriots, all get milked by the CM

so guess what? they have NO incentive to improve upon anything else when they can keep releasing those packs and the majority of people who post in the general forums just continue to eat them up

Xenobia ur my hero <3

/thread

I would have welcomed a chance to earn some nice things, because I do believe in working for stuff, I'm just not a pvper, and its become painfully obvious, that the people who run this favour pvp...

it.

Many people would beg to differ about this game favoring PVP content. I can point to a certain troll account who adamantly believes PVP is screwed up and can't get over the obsession.

They've added alot more content to PVE than to PVP content and I bet there are at least triple the amount of awards given to PVE than to PVP players.

PVE basically refers to anything outside of fighting other players, but I know that when you talk about PVE, you are specifically referring to the extension of class stories.

You don't owe Bioware any favors, if the game stops being fun, then you stop playing. I wouldn't expect any less from a rationale human being like you and me. I wouldn't be giving money to Bioware out of the goodness of my heart if I wasn't having fun.

Good luck to you. I wouldn't count on Bioware adding more class story content in the future, but we can hope, and if not, I hope you find another game that fits you more appropriately now.

Edited by Nickious

Now what about pve-ers when do we get some love? Starting to feel rather like a second class citizen here.

A very bored second class citizen, who's sub is coming up for renewal again.:( Oh wait, we get that lucky7 pos.

Seriously?

KDY?

Makeb?

Oricon?

All Kinds of HM NM Flashpoints?

Let me put this in perspective for you.

Since launch, the following has occured:

(Arenas excluded) There have been 2 new operations for every single new 8 man WZ since launch.. Not to mention different difficulties of said ops.

For every Arena map, there has been at least one new daily area added, with reputation vendors with reputation only mounts, armors and other vanity items.

There has been a new planet added with PvE content.

There have been new HM Flashpoints.

The new Tactical Flashpoints are PvE content. While you can buy GSF things which many of you consider (and I put this loosely) "PvP" it is STILL a PvE Instance and most of the rewards are vanity armors and mounts ANYWAYS from that rep vendor.

A majority of the class changes that have been made, were made more in favor to even out PvE than PvP.. Case and point: Smash. It was buffed to make it more viable in PvE while in PvP it became overpowered. Sure, they are fixing it now since there are better specs in PvE for smash classes, but it was initially changed for the betterment of PvE.

The new recurring events. Even the Gree event is LOOSELY PvP and mostly PvE.

So Bioware really favors PvP more right?

P.S. Stop complaining that PvP gets a Rancor. If you are that high of a rating you deserve it.

Edited by SenaZane

Because these rewards are a complete joke. I ever meet you in PvP, I will destroy you Zoom_VI. Absolutely, completely, destroy you. Every. Single. Time. On any toon you try to play.

For that, I should be rewarded something exclusive enough that any old random player cannot get in one night of playing.

good to see the fame didn't go to your head...

might be a good time to mention its just a game...

Edited by Sangrar

Define "more stuff." lulz

You guys still have that super cool Kiragga (sp?) hat. H*ll, I even ran KP about ten times to try and get that d*mn hat.

Edited by DarthOvertone

This is a complete joke, and I play PVE mostly.

Look at the number of WZs since launch, compared to all the PVE that's been added. In addition, then add to the fact that ranked PvP that is 8v8 no longer exists, suggesting going forward 8v8 maps won't really be developed much.

Instead, generic arenas, easier to design no doubt, are emphasized.

If BW really wanted to favor PvP, we'd see way more 8v8 WZ maps in the works. They aren't, and it's sad. So many good battle possibilities in the SW universe. Just a defend/attack base type map would be so welcome. The 8v8 maps we have were developed before launch, all of them.

But, yeah, PvP is the focus of SWTOR. :rolleyes:

Edited by arunav

Actually, they already said that they will be watching for cheaters and they will not prosper.

I remember when EAware said that Valor farming on Ilum was something they took seriously... :rolleyes:

On a further note:

On topic:

Yeah this scenario sucks, but there is nothing they can do about it. Provided they are at the keyboard and playing the WZ as intended (which is literally just ATK), you will not see a single instance where someone is punished via the way Eric describes.