Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?

invertedknife

We need to boycott the cartel market.

I've already voted with my wallet in deciding to not drop any more cash on the CM until I see the rest of the game getting as much attention as the CM has.

However, that is a personal decision. Others have different ideas and may have no qualms about dropping a few bills every month on the CM.

It is an individual choice as to when and how much they spend on the CM, and needs to remain that way.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already voted with my wallet in deciding to not drop any more cash on the CM until I see the rest of the game getting as much attention as the CM has.

However, that is a personal decision. Others have different ideas and may have no qualms about dropping a few bills every month on the CM.

It is an individual choice as to when and how much they spend on the CM, and needs to remain that way.

The rest of the game will never get that kind of attention. Game content takes time to develop. CM content doesn't take much time because a lot of it is reskins of current assets. For instance it takes months to create new flashpoints. It doesn't take much time at all to recolor an already existing armor set.

The second aspect is that the cm is what is making their primary cash flow. They have to keep it fresh or it wont create much after the first couple weeks.

Edited by Soluss

Personally, I don't understand what the big deal is. It's not like it's important story content. If you find that it is important, just do a search on the internet, there are HUNDREDS of videos with all the story content for the encrypted datacubes, or just visit one of the fan sites that summarizes all of it. I look at it as if I were going to receive one of the mission "rewards" like the credit boon, it's cool to get thrown a bone with some background stuff that really isn't all that important.

But it is important. It's content. It's not a little vanity item like a new orange armor set. It's a quest. Quests don't belong on the CM. Regardless of the scope or size.

This is your opinion. Others have a different opinion.

Since the missions in these cubes have no bearing on progressing in the game with any character... not only do I not care about them, I won't make use of them.

They serve no functional purpose in the game. I could buy them off the GTN right now for 50-60K each.. and I have great credit wealth to draw upon... but it's a complete waste of credits as far as I am concerned. Why? because they are a gimmick, without useful purpose in game play. At least the modable armor has a purpose.

Edited by Andryah

Since the missions in these cubes have no bearing on progressing in the game with any character... not only do I not care about them, I won't make use of them.

They serve no functional purpose in the game. I could buy them off the GTN right now for 50-60K each.. and I have great credit wealth to draw upon... but it's a complete waste of credits as far as I am concerned. Why? because they are a gimmick, without useful purpose in game play. At least the modable armor has a purpose.

I am willing to acknowledge that people have differing opinions, but it's still a quest. That's not an opinion. Whether it is important or not differs from person to person absolutely, and I won't fault anyone for that, but to live in denial about whether it is a quest or not is a different matter altogether.

This is simply not true. No bearing on progression, no functional purpose? I don't think so. The "progression" in the game is not just about leveling or getting better geat. It's also about learning about things that happened in SW universe. For some people, this is much more important than "hardware" they get on the way. So I must correct you here, because any background or other type of information about anything that happened in SW universe is progression. Above all, this game is based on the story, it's the most important aspect of it.

If you don't think story content is important, then you must not really care about the rest of the story content. After all, the class stories serve no functional purpose. They could have you do the same mission without a story and you wouldn't care.

So basically, why do you even care about this subject? You think the aspect in which they advertised the game (STORY CONTENT) is a waste of time.

Personally, I don't understand what the big deal is. It's not like it's important story content. If you find that it is important, just do a search on the internet, there are HUNDREDS of videos with all the story content for the encrypted datacubes, or just visit one of the fan sites that summarizes all of it. I look at it as if I were going to receive one of the mission "rewards" like the credit boon, it's cool to get thrown a bone with some background stuff that really isn't all that important.

Well we have 4 lvl 55 FPs, while actually we really need only 1 for gearing. Why not put the other 3 on CM if we can watch them on youtube anyway ;)

Yep. For now I am. It all depends on how long it goes on without content released for subs that is not CM related.

Sooo...go 4 months with nothing but FPs, WZs, Companion Quests, new planet access, where every quest on the planet, including the planet quest, has to be unlocked all from the packs, and then release a 1 new quest for free for the subs on that new planet they just sold to them in a RNG pack!

SOUNDS GOOD, RIGHT?!

Sooo...go 4 months with nothing but FPs, WZs, Companion Quests, new planet access, where every quest on the planet, including the planet quest, has to be unlocked all from the packs, and then release a 1 new quest for free for the subs on that new planet they just sold to them in a RNG pack!

SOUNDS GOOD, RIGHT?!

To me? It's fine for now. Let that turn into a year and then I will be concerned.

To me? It's fine for now. Let that turn into a year and then I will be concerned.

So it's time elapsed that would be concerning you and not the content accessed on CM itself? Interesting. I did not expect that. Different positions for everyone, though, so more power to you.

I think Story Content SHOULD be for sale. That's the one thing actually WORTH paying more for. Call it a mini-expansion or whatever.

But story content isn't a vanity, which is the purpose of the Cartel Market. I'm all for expansions, but there's a difference between a mini expansion and a small amount of content.

I think Story Content SHOULD be for sale. That's the one thing actually WORTH paying more for. Call it a mini-expansion or whatever.

They already do that, its called Makeb. They need to do that about 2-4 times a year while still providing flashpoints, ops, warzones and events as free content updates in between them.

Well I've sent PM's to different members of the admin team and haven't gotten any responses back at all. That can't be a good sign.

Exactly what kind of response is it you want?

They are in the cartel market.

They fixed and exploit with cube rewards and collections.

Edited by Andryah

It's polite to answer the PMs/emails/whatever. Ignoring people sends a message "you're so insignificant that it's not worth a few secs of my time to type a reply", even if it should be only a reply saying why they can't answer or that the answer was already posted somewhere else.

Edited by zzoorrzz

I see a lot of comment from people who seem to think it's no big deal to go and watch these scenes on YouTube rather than experiencing them personally in-game. I can only wonder why these people bother to play the game at all when they could just watch any of the many "Let's Play" series on YouTube.

Well I've sent PM's to different members of the admin team and haven't gotten any responses back at all. That can't be a good sign.

Any response thus far? Would be interesting to hear their take on this situation

Anything that says they understand the concern. Even if it's "we hear your concerns, however..." The fact that they've chosen not to make a response of any kind is quite disheartening. Responding to players' concerns is kind of their job.

Edited by jamesvasquez

I see a lot of comment from people who seem to think it's no big deal to go and watch these scenes on YouTube rather than experiencing them personally in-game. I can only wonder why these people bother to play the game at all when they could just watch any of the many "Let's Play" series on YouTube.

I watch all the Starcraft scenes on youtube and have zero desire to play the game.

They only want to know the story. That is why I watch those Starcraft scenes on youtube.

Perhaps they only raid or pvp, which you don't actually need to do those extra content for character progression.

And honestly what do you even care? Other than for the sake of attempting to convince me that I'm wrong, you're right, and there's no way anything can be looked at from a different perspective?