Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Optimal Stats For All 24 Disciplines, KOTFE Edition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Optimal Stats For All 24 Disciplines, KOTFE Edition

dipstik's Avatar


dipstik
10.29.2015 , 12:13 PM | #101
i think it should be max, otherwise, min will give you 1 when crit>1, and that would not be super.

it shoudl be noted the equation i posted in that thread came from bant.

Goblin_Lackey's Avatar


Goblin_Lackey
10.29.2015 , 12:19 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Arrayl View Post
Hello Bant,

In your explanation of super crit, you stated that:


Is it possible that the "Min" is supposed to be "Max"? Your equation seems to conflict with the equation here :
Critical Hit Damage = [Normal Hit] * ( 1 + [Surge Percentage] * max(1 , [Critical Chance] ) ).
Typo on my part. I meant max (so that the critical damage bonus can only go up).
I will fix it this afternoon when I have a full computer.

-posted via the bantphone
Bant The Fat and Pink.

Co-GM of Psy-Ops on The Harbinger

Ryuku-sama's Avatar


Ryuku-sama
10.29.2015 , 05:54 PM | #103
Hey Bant.. Could you look at this.. it is for Darkness but the only way we can obtain these results is if supercrit formula is actually (1+surge)*max(1,crit) and Energized shock under Reck would get a 150% multiplier to that.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Goblin_Lackey's Avatar


Goblin_Lackey
10.29.2015 , 06:21 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by JourrnoRush View Post
I'm still new to this gearing in 4.0

I'm a sage healer and I'm trying to get my gear. Maybe I'm not reading it correctly, but what percentages should I be aiming for? I'm assuming the defiant set bonus is better than the ultimate comms exarch? Is the stat allocation the same for pvp?

Sorry noob here
Couple of things to keep in mind:
1) Having a Set bonus is always more important than upgrading your armorings. This means that it is worth holding onto older or storymode set pieces until you can replace it with a higher level.

2) Don't think of it as a percentage goal. Instead the goal is to always have more stats. (I just think of it as looking to find the balance between the stats). When getting gear, always go for the choice that has the greatest sum of Mastery + Power + Critical + Alacrity. This principle applies for all gear tiers. Once you have the gear, then you can worry about the balance between the stats (in sorc healers case, go for a 60/40 to 50/50 split between Critical and Alacrity).

3) I try not to weigh in on pvp matters because my results are all PVE based. With that being said, I feel that the healer role in pvp is the most similar to its PVE counterpart (compared to tanks and dps). I feel safe in saying that it would be worth using a similar gearing priority for PVP healing.
Sidenote: PVPing as a healer helps make you a better PVE healer because it forces you into situations where instant action is needed along with quick triage healing along with having to maintain movement and reaction speed at all times. PVP is a great healer trainer.



Quote: Originally Posted by secrunos View Post
about juggernaut rotation. is opener like
saber throw -> force charge(+adrenal+enrage) -> impale -> ravage -> rotation mentioned in post?
I don't look at or include the opener in my calculations because I use a mathematical model of a sustained rotation that can continue indefinately.



Quote: Originally Posted by dseresin View Post
Any chance we can also get breakdowns of how many enhancments/mods/implants/earpieces we want with each stat rather than just a sum total of how much of a stat we should have at the end (sort of like what you did for augments)?
I include the Augments and Crystals because otherwise it is a lot harder to determine the gear distribution. Originally I did not include an enhancement count because it broke the stat line into two lines on my screen. Due to having to include crystals this is no longer true and I may include the Enhancement count in a future edition.
It can still be quickly calculated using the method outlined in post #76.



Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
This is great work and I have no doubt with all the proof posted that the recommendations here are optimal. However, I am extremely confused as to what gear to actually get.

As far as I can see, the only things posted are augment choices, stat totals, and where stats come from. I need to know what to actually get: what types of mods/enhancements to get, what earpieces/implants to get, and what relics to get.

The original post recommends 5 accuracy augments for an assault commando, but I already have 110.74% accuracy on my commando without accuracy augs so obviously that won't work unless I change my enhancements/earpiece/implants. But it doesn't tell me which enhancements, etc. to change out.

I also have a vanguard and shadow tank. I see that I should get 9 shield and 5 absorb augments for my vanguard and 4 shield/10 absorb for my shadow. But should I use shield/defense enhancements or absorb/defense enhancements and how many of each? And should I use the old 198 absorb mods as some people recommend?

So I basically need to know how to gear my commando dps, vanguard tank, and shadow tank. I also may gear my sentinel in the near future.

Bottom line: you know what's best for me. Tell me what to do. Thanks.

Don't look at the augment count, that is just there for reference, instead what matters more than anything else is the stat totals. See post #76 for how to back calculate from the totals.

As I stated earlier, always try to make your stats go up before trying to optimize.



Quote: Originally Posted by IInox View Post
So BiS Relis are still Power and Mastery proc?
Yup.
I looked into the critical Relic, but when I optimize around it, it is a 0.16% dps loss on average compared to using a Power relic in that slot. I replaced the power relic because power Relic is the weaker of the two.
Mastery relic gives both additional critical chance and gets a 5% boost to its value. It gives a larger dps boost than equivalent Power.
Power relic also does not have its ICD reduced by alacrity.


Quote: Originally Posted by Kymerous View Post
So, just to make sure I am understanding this right. Accuracy is to be 100%, not 110%? Fantastic work on this by the way.
110% is the new 100%. You need 9% additional accuracy in order to never miss an operations boss.
Bant The Fat and Pink.

Co-GM of Psy-Ops on The Harbinger

grrrly's Avatar


grrrly
10.29.2015 , 08:12 PM | #105
As an Aussie player, I experience around 210ms server lag under optimal conditions, and sometimes more in ops. Is there any point at all in gearing for alacrity under these conditions?

LydMekk's Avatar


LydMekk
10.29.2015 , 09:18 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by grrrly View Post
As an Aussie player, I experience around 210ms server lag under optimal conditions, and sometimes more in ops. Is there any point at all in gearing for alacrity under these conditions?
Nope., as i found out (not perfect conditions from Europe).

TACeMossie's Avatar


TACeMossie
10.29.2015 , 09:27 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by grrrly View Post
As an Aussie player, I experience around 210ms server lag under optimal conditions, and sometimes more in ops. Is there any point at all in gearing for alacrity under these conditions?
/runs 800 alacrity
/plays with 250ms lag

The latency shouldn't hurt alacrity unless you have an unstable connection. A stable connection is fully capable of taking advantage of the Alacrity
Kwerty/Mossie

Once a guy who wrote guides, now just a guy getting back in
Vanguards/Powertechs 4 lyf

Iymurra's Avatar


Iymurra
10.29.2015 , 10:09 PM | #108
Hey Bant, just a quick question. The total value for crit rating in 224 gear for Lethality Operatives appears unachievable, am I missing some augments?

listed you have 1163 points, 2 crystals and 1 aug.
(1163 - 73 - (41*2)) / 164 = 6.1463
(total - aug - crystals) / enhancement value

I double checked, and the total distribution of enhancements does appear to be 10 for all 3 stats, critical just appears inflated.

Edit: ah nvm, used the wrong enhancement value. 168 instead of 164.
Pretty Much Everything, but Mostly
(Operative) (Commando)
Solidarity on Hot Prospect

Goblin_Lackey's Avatar


Goblin_Lackey
10.29.2015 , 10:13 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Iymurra View Post
Hey Bant, just a quick question. The total value for crit rating in 224 gear for Lethality Operatives appears unachievable, am I missing some augments?

listed you have 1163 points, 2 crystals and 1 aug.
(1163 - 73 - (41*2)) / 164 = 6.1463
(total - aug - crystals) / enhancement value

I double checked, and the total distribution of enhancements does appear to be 10 for all 3 stats, critical just appears inflated.
168 is the amount of Tertiary stats on gear, not 164.

Edit: that was my bad, I typed it in wrong beforehand. I have corrected that post,
Bant The Fat and Pink.

Co-GM of Psy-Ops on The Harbinger

Magsel's Avatar


Magsel
10.30.2015 , 04:44 AM | #110
Cheers Goblin for giving us the numbers once again The time you must put in.....

I'm a bit confused about which relics to use for DPS.
In your Original post you say to use the FR and SA.
Quote: Originally Posted by Goblin_Lackey View Post
This does not hold true for Devastating Vengeance Relic (Critical Proc). This relic provides approximately ⅔ the stat boost that Serendipitous Assault Relic (Power Relic) would provide. Although on a rating for rating basis critical is better than power (at our current stat budgets), the fact that it provides much less of a boost means that using the Critical Proc Relic represents a 0.15% DPS loss compared to using a the Power Proc Relic.

Methodology:
  • DPS and Healers use Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault relics and receive the proc benefits as a time averaged lump sum.
But in this quote you say you replaced the SA, but you don't say for which relic.
Quote: Originally Posted by Goblin_Lackey View Post
I looked into the critical Relic, but when I optimize around it, it is a 0.16% dps loss on average compared to using a Power relic in that slot. I replaced the power relic because power Relic is the weaker of the two.
Mastery relic gives both additional critical chance and gets a 5% boost to its value. It gives a larger dps boost than equivalent Power.
Power relic also does not have its ICD reduced by alacrity.
So which 2 relics should DPS classess use?