Patch 1.2 may be to late.

Miyeko

BW really needs to start incrementally adding in patch 1.2 and soon, or they may find themselves a bit short on players - many people did like myself, and bought a two month card to play, and it will run out.. way before the last of March and early April.

That being said, if theres no change by then, I am not about to put another two months cash while I wait - a wait that may or may not be broken by finding another game entirely. Others I am sure feel the same.

An incremental output would at least show they HAVE stuff completed, it wont interfere with anyones playtime - heck every Tuesday patch eh? It would also lower the amount of *surprise* "patches to fix the patch" that happens to every game with a major update.

Let's have a constructive discussion about this.

Edited by Aurrelio

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would honestly rather have patches that work than rushed patches that caused more issues than solved.

Aint about full patches, its about incremental fixes as a whole. Why wait to put in a bunch when you can do a few NOW ? And rushed? rushed?

After as much development as this game had, right now we should be seeing the polishing / forgotten items phase, not the developmental phase of things they should have seen coming. I want the polish patches, not the extra content / developmental crap.

Fix the bugs - incrementally if need be but NOW, not in a patch in another month.

If people aren't sure about wanting to play at the end of their two month sub, then chances are they shouldn't be resubbing anyways, regardless of when patch 1.2 comes out.

If you're on the fence about the game, the patch will revitalize your interest for a few days before you're right back on the fence.

BW really needs to start incrementally adding in patch 1.2 and soon, or they may find themselves a bit short on players - many people did like myself, and bought a two month card to play, and it will run out.. way before the last of March and early April.

That being said, if theres no change by then, I am not about to put another two months cash while I wait - a wait that may or may not be broken by finding another game entirely. Others I am sure feel the same.

An incremental output would at least show they HAVE stuff completed, it wont interfere with anyones playtime - heck every Tuesday patch eh? It would also lower the amount of *surprise* "patches to fix the patch" that happens to every game with a major update.

Let's have a constructive discussion about this.

If you're not enjoying the game, stop playing. Save your $15.95 for that 6 pack of beer or a breakfast. Come back when you see what you want implemented.

Edited by Aurrelio

If people aren't sure about wanting to play at the end of their two month sub, then chances are they shouldn't be resubbing anyways, regardless of when patch 1.2 comes out.

If you're on the fence about the game, the patch will revitalize your interest for a few days before you're right back on the fence.

It should though!

Either way, it's not going to matter. Those that want to play the game with whatever 1.2 adds will re-subscribe. That's how MMO's work. They get people to bite for a while, let them tread water, then send them back to the sea to bite again another day. Bioware knows this.

If you're not enjoying the game, stop playing. Save your $15.95 for that 6 pack of beer or a breakfast. Come back when you see what you want implemented.

My point though was that without some show of good faith a LOT of people who leave.. well they aint coming back. Not just me , as I would check in now and again, but for a LOT of people, once done, done. And that would kill this game in infancy fairly well.

Would like to see a prospectus on how many active subs they NEED to survive, but doubt that will ever come out. And the random numbers people toss out dont help - if a small base was enough Tabula Rasa would still be online :p

They need to make Rated BG's nao all the PvPers quit cause they got full BM ages ago and theres nothing to do thats meaningful anymore if not for further advancement of ur toon let us que 8man premade just to get ready for rated bg's...tired of playing with bads / people just not on vent being bad.

My point though was that without some show of good faith a LOT of people who leave.. well they aint coming back. Not just me , as I would check in now and again, but for a LOT of people, once done, done. And that would kill this game in infancy fairly well.

Would like to see a prospectus on how many active subs they NEED to survive, but doubt that will ever come out. And the random numbers people toss out dont help - if a small base was enough Tabula Rasa would still be online :p

BW said a while back they needed 500k subs to make a profit and keep the game up and running.

If this game holds that many I will continue playing as will the wife.

Edited by Darth_Grissom

I would honestly rather have patches that work than rushed patches that caused more issues than solved.

I agree.

And Miyeko, NO, the sky is not falling. ;)

People who can't wait for the patch, which is Due within weeks (with it's pre-announced content/changes), really are not going to stay anyway.

I don't know where you live, but a very good craft beer in America is only $8 for a six pack.

They need to make Rated BG's nao all the PvPers quit cause they got full BM ages ago and theres nothing to do thats meaningful anymore

Actually, if they all already quit (as you claim) then there is no real hurry to put in rated BGs.

Or were you just being hyperbolic to make a point of exaggerated rant perhaps?

Am sure as there are fanbois I will see a lot of flames to this, but hopefully some constructive arguements can be made as well ?

I have flameproof undies so if your gonna, go for it, but then.. you didnt need ME to tell you that eh?

<rolleyes> I am sure another MMO will be ready for in this time period with awesome gameplay and story line.

What kind of constructive comments sould there be to this stuff. Releasing content too soon will only add more bugs.

I agree.

And Miyeko, NO, the sky is not falling. ;)

People who can't wait for the patch, which is Due within weeks (with it's pre-announced content/changes), really are not going to stay anyway.

If you can show me a DATE I would love it. So far all I hear is Soon™ and I have heard to much Soon™ over the years to care to wait on it... and I LOVE the concept of the game, I do - I love the IDEA behind the game, and a lot of its mechanics. I dont want classes 'balanced out' , or anything else like that.. just want it stable, playable , likeable and fixed. When I see a vid showing me a guy adjusting his UI in and out my first thought is "why aint it out yet then?" not, 'gee guess i can wait a month for that" eh?

If you can show me a DATE I would love it. So far all I hear is Soon™ and I have heard to much Soon™ over the years to care to wait on it... and I LOVE the concept of the game, I do - I love the IDEA behind the game, and a lot of its mechanics. I dont want classes 'balanced out' , or anything else like that.. just want it stable, playable , likeable and fixed. When I see a vid showing me a guy adjusting his UI in and out my first thought is "why aint it out yet then?" not, 'gee guess i can wait a month for that" eh?

Bioware is on record saying 1.2 releases in March. Now you can get all pissant about when in March if you like, but the point is March is coming up fast. If you can't wait, then you would not keep subscribing anyway. You know it, and I know it.

Either way, it's not going to matter. Those that want to play the game with whatever 1.2 adds will re-subscribe. That's how MMO's work. They get people to bite for a while, let them tread water, then send them back to the sea to bite again another day. Bioware knows this.

Bioware Knows this how? By all the mmos they have made? Dont think so

Their subs aren't flagging as much as you would have people reading this thread believe. And people do come back for new and shiny things. Yourself included, as you state.

So, really, this is a non-issue. Patch 1.2 will come when it comes. Wait for it. Don't wait for it. Check back in when you want to. The game will still be here waiting for you when you come back. Just like almost every other MMO out there.

Actually, if they all already quit (as you claim) then there is no real hurry to put in rated BGs.

Or were you just being hyperbolic to make a point of exaggerated rant perhaps?

No most Warhero+ that were even war hero before illum became welfare have there full BM set and just aren't resubbing because theres nothing to do.

Edited by warkat

You mean like 1.1.4 with its CD overall?

Or all the other fixs they have been putting in and things to improve the game overall? You mean all that stuff....

Your being a bit overdramatic.

You wont unsub.