How good is vanguard/pt dps?

Carbon_Dark

I've been hearing it's terrible for PvP because of its survivability but I haven't heard much about how it ranks in PvE. Pyrotech/plasmatech is the highest parsing class so would that make it the best or at least a top tier dps class for PvE?

Despite idiotic nerfes and range reduction, still vg/pt holds good raid utility. Tactics holds the best burst, which always come in handy, while plasmatech is among the highest parsing dot spect. Tank, however, is mediocre. I mean when bloody adrenal gives you higher dcd than actual shield dcd, you know something is wrong there. Though high mobility definately a positive thing.

Speaking of pvp, as long as you utilize htl and stuns when needed, your gonna melt people down. In the right hands, you can wipe even good players on fotm/op classes.

• 1 month later...
I have read a number of different threads about whats viable and whats not, and the general vibe I get is that unless you're a Merc, Marauder, or sniper, don't bother pvping unless the spec you run is healing. In pve, pretty much anything is viable, some more than others depending on your skill with the class.

For pvp you are right, for pve for this gear you are right again. But there is no point to bring sin dps instead of pt dps on nim raids for example. But you can go with sin and clear everything with 258 gear.

If you are pt dps you are one of the best if not the best if you master both of the specs. Resource management is hard and easy to overheat tough, especially with pyro