SURVEY of Rated WZ team composition

funkiestj

You just descended to common troll level.

We've been having this discussion months ago, you're saying nothing new, nor are you answering to any of the arguments stated earlier in this thread.

On the Red Eclipse server we went from 2 or maybe 3 ranked teams to 15 to 20 teams.

Maybe you're just jealous.

Jealous of carebear pvp. Not at all.

Next Time on The PvP Forums someone will hold a dueling tournament and not allow assassins to join because they're too good at the 1v1! Tune in to see how this hand holding catastrophe will turn out!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ This. Constant Ranked pops each night. Constant communication between teams and a lot of mutual respect including helping new teams find their feet/learn without getting 4xSmash 1xBubblepop to the face. It may be what some consider "carebear" but it's kept the Ranked community alive on the Red Eclipse.

POT5 has constant rank pops every night also. Everytime a team queue's up with a ton of smash they just get destroyed, you know why? Cause the comp sucks! Had a person from a guild asking me last night why his 2x smash 1x pyro pt focus train weren't shutting people down like it should. Why? because you spread out and smash doesn't hit as many people thus making it less effective. Smash is a 1 of at best IMO.

POT5 has constant rank pops every night also. Everytime a team queue's up with a ton of smash they just get destroyed, you know why? Cause the comp sucks! Had a person from a guild asking me last night why his 2x smash 1x pyro pt focus train weren't shutting people down like it should. Why? because you spread out and smash doesn't hit as many people thus making it less effective. Smash is a 1 of at best IMO.

While smash CAN be effective I agree... in a rated game single target burst rules all. Smash can be effective because it can make a healers life hell... but against a good team who sees it and spreads out so someone is not getting those 20K smashes... it then becomes secondary to the burst of carnage or pyrotech.

It does have it's place... but I think it's over rated and fine as is.

Sadly it's going to get nerfed into the ground it looks like. Not gonna complain tho... I prefer carnage or annihilation and even vengeance.

TL;DR I agree

Edited by UGLYMRJ

While smash CAN be effective I agree... in a rated game single target burst rules all. Smash can be effective because it can make a healers life hell... but against a good team who sees it and spreads out so someone is not getting those 20K smashes... it then becomes secondary to the burst of carnage or pyrotech.

It does have it's place... but I think it's over rated and fine as is.

Sadly it's going to get nerfed into the ground it looks like. Not gonna complain tho... I prefer carnage or annihilation and even vengeance.

TL;DR I agree

Thank you. IMO the spec was fine before the buff, as in it was still viable as bringing a 1 of if needed.

Everytime a team queue's up with a ton of smash they just get destroyed, you know why? Cause the comp sucks!

you can run two smash marauders, a smash spec tank gear/stance jugg and another dps and do extremely well lol the spec is not balanced

it's being overnerfed but I'd take that over its current state

Edited by EatenByDistance

you can run two smash marauders, a smash spec tank gear/stance jugg and another dps and do extremely well lol the spec is not balanced

it's being overnerfed but I'd take that over its current state

Of course it's getting overnerfed, isn't that what BW does? THey could just revert the changes to the way it was before and it will still be good for pvp.

I think it's funny that it's buff was for PvE mainly but they're nerfing it into the ground so it will be useless for both from what I read.

I've never understood why they don't make small tweaks here and there. Just little adjustments with each patch until it fits within other specs instead of doing complete over hauls on multiple specs at once.

Making that many changes at once never ends well... it just creates a new FOTM.

Maybe it's intentional so everyone has their moment in the spotlight. IDK...

I think it's funny that it's buff was for PvE mainly but they're nerfing it into the ground so it will be useless for both from what I read.

I've never understood why they don't make small tweaks here and there. Just little adjustments with each patch until it fits within other specs instead of doing complete over hauls on multiple specs at once.

Making that many changes at once never ends well... it just creates a new FOTM.

Maybe it's intentional so everyone has their moment in the spotlight. IDK...

Having 1 class/spec in the spot light at a time is lame. I want diversity!

Having 1 class/spec in the spot light at a time is lame. I want diversity!

I couldn't agree more... which is why I'm even more frustrated with the massive changes coming soon when they could have been tweaking ALL of the classes little by little with each patch.

This is not the way to find balance. You don't build a house of cards by throwing the deck at the wall.

I couldn't agree more... which is why I'm even more frustrated with the massive changes coming soon when they could have been tweaking ALL of the classes little by little with each patch.

This is not the way to find balance. You don't build a house of cards by throwing the deck at the wall.

I think you're expecting quite a bit from team Mythic.

These are the guys that made Bright Wizards overpowered in Warhammer and (as far as I know) NEVER nerfed them down to the appropriate level.

Hey! I'm sure there is a magic trick out there somewhere for that! :p.... I got a funny visual of someone trying.

Comp 1

Comp 3

Healer 1: Operative

Healer 2: Operative/mercenary

Healer 3: Sorc(bubble or AoE)

node guard: assassin

DPS 1: carnage mara

DPS 2: jugg smash

DPS 3: sniper

DPS 4: PT(pyro, possibly AP)

The above is the only mention of mercenary (commando) for rateds. Here is the breakdown:

1. gdn / jugg : 12
  2. sent / mara: 12
  3. sage / sorc: 9
  4. shad / assas: 12
  5. comm / merc : 1 (should this be 1/6?)
  6. vang / pt: 9
  7. scoun / oper: 10
  8. gunsl / sniper: 4

I only counted when folks made it easy. E.g. the quoted post above. If you provided 2 lineups, I counted both (with 3 I ignored one). I had a pad of paper next to me and I made a mark for each mention.

This survey is hardly scientific but it does confirm the obvious: Nobody wants to bring a commando to rateds. slinger / snipers can ride the rated bus but only if they sit in back. The rest of the advanced classes are reasonably well represented.

I didn't bother tracking which class and/or tree was being used.

It would be nice if BW could share some of their community composition metrics for the rated WZ community. E.g. the above but for everyone rated above X. It would also be interesting to see breakdowns of specs used for ACs based on WZ. I would think that if, in a single WZ, folks use many different specs on a single class that would be a good thing. If commandos healers are endangered species in RWZ then commando DPS are extinct.

Thanks for participating.

TANGENT: did commando/merc get a PvP buff on PTS 2.0?

Edited by funkiestj