Community Team, Assemble!

EricMusco

Specifically speaking on the topic of Ranked Warzones, we sort of agree here. We came out swinging a bit early on Ranked Warzones. Our intent was to release Season One shortly thereafter Preseason began. When our development made the shift to Free-to-Play, our priorities shifted as well which included the delay of Ranked Warzones.

This is why we are being cautious about releasing information on Ranked Warzones until things are a bit more locked down. We don't want to burn you guys a second time until our information is more concrete! Especially knowing that Ranked Warzones is a sensitive topic.

I can reassure you that we are in development on Ranked Warzones and as soon as we have information to share, you will have it!

-eric

I'd expect Season 1 to be worked on right after longer standind requests like chat bubbles, sitting on all chairs, and other long-promised basic features before that, though.

Yeah, we all know PVPers and PVEers usually cry the loudest, but socializers and roleplayers have had to take a back seat and waited patiently for way too long. It's time they get some love.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

With Joveth's departure I just wanted to pop in and take this opportunity to have us, the Community team, reintroduce ourselves! I know at times you will have seen our names in different spots on the forums, Reddit, or social media, but I figured a formal "hello, I am this guy/girl" would be way better! I will have the other Community folks post below.

As you can already see, my name is Eric Musco! I have a bunch of different roles on the Community team but the things that are most public facing are that I handle BioWare's communication to guilds and fan sites (I actually came from a fan site myself!).

When it comes to The Old Republic itself, I am a big elder game player. I love diving into Operations and the occasional Warzone. I have two 50's currently and am working on my third, why did no one tell me Marauders were so much fun?

I also have an extreme love for our Rakghoul forum smileys! :rak_01::rak_04::rak_03::rak_02:

-eric

cool perhaps now you guys have assembled, you can collectively summon some courage and address issues that have attracted thousands of posts in a single thread, that has kept hundreds of angry customers angry... pleading for answers for SEVERAL months.. but hey if thats to much just keep patting yourselves on the back, and telling us how you enjoy rolling a marauder. we know how important that is....

Well here's a real test for the BW CM team. Can we get some actual feedback on this thread?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

What is BW/EA thinking of doing?What are your options? We are tired of our own guesstimating.... Some actual feedback would be good.

No more "we have definitely not forgot about the APAC server concerns that all of you have. We are still very actively looking at all possible solutions and I will make sure that you are updated as soon as I have more information!" posts either.

We've had 5 of them already. 6 months too long guys.

Enjoy the challenge of issuing some actual info.

HI GUYS! JUST POPPING IN TO LET YOU KNOW YOU'RE DOING A BANG UP JOB OF DOING NOTHING!

I'll get you started!!! It's hard I know!

We are looking at ..............

But our thoughts are currently ..........

We need to get approval from ........

We estimate this will occur......

There you go! We folks on the APAC server doing half your job for you! AGAIN! Like that time a member actually took the time to do a survey for you! Which you have ignored!

But we here at APAC are always here to help.

Don't take this patronisingly.... and if you do... Then learn from it.

I await your forum discipline and or ban.... At least you'll be doing something!

Good night!

Dear BW/community team,

If you read this your game has taken dives in mid February, 1.2, then as of late new people have been coming to this game. I am sure you are well are of this btw.^^ This being said as far as content goes whether it is pve,pvp, or rping everyone is frustrated with the amount of time it takes for you guys to bring about the things we have wanted for a loooooonnnngggggg time. I know it has to be difficult to be developing a lot of content then get switched and told you need to do this.

On that point though understand what it is like for the people that have been here since launch. As far as pvp goes we have gotten 2 new wzs both quite entertaining...but in my opinion no wz will beat huttball. :) We got ranked warzones 6-7 months after the game came out with no elo system and you can only que with 8 people. Getting 8 people together is rather hard. Due to the lack of an elo system, new teams will face veteran teams and get beaten easily, which makes people not want to do ranked. Ranked in most servers don't happen and for the teams that already have high ranking on their server their isn't any reason for them to continue.

Server Transfers....you guys are able to copy characters to the pts and even send characters to other servers for a limited time and happens insanely fast which is awesome and it works rather well for the most part. But 30 something characters due to server merges and other things are pretty much just collecting dust and you guys keep saying we don't have the tech/it isn't working yet. And correct me if I am wrong but you have had it for well over 8 months and it works just fine. I am assuming the reason you are not releasing server transfers is due to a big portion of people going to a said server. So server A becomes insanely popular, whereas server B has a hard time doing things or is not having as much fun. At least this is thought process I am rationalizing.:jawa_smile:

Cross server ques- In my opinion this should only be done with a ladder system so the pro players can have their great competitive games. Whereas us average pvpers can have fun with same skilled players. This is needed sooner rather than later though. Patience is running thin for a lot of us sadly. :(

World PVP- Had some at game launch ended up abusing the system you had to scrap it and said you would come out with something much, much better a year later....we get what I hope is just the initial portion of BW's world pvp because honestly I have more fun running about in a planet causing a massive battle that lasts for hours.

From the world pvp standpoint, which you made "a lot" better and it took a while to come out. I kind of grimace to see what you have in store for the more competitive players. I for one am not asking you to drop 2.0 ASAP I am just curious on what future content is in the works, just so I and a lot of other players can sigh with relief knowing that the future content will not be "another mistake'.

I could continue about pve and RP, but I do not spend a lot of time on these aspects of the game even though they are/can be A LOT of fun!

Ultimately, I would like to thank you guys for putting up with all of the whiners(including myself). The fact that you guys are continuously putting out patches at an impressive time. That you guys are actually starting to respond to the forums more recently! Keep up the good work, looks promising.

Specifically speaking on the topic of Ranked Warzones, we sort of agree here. We came out swinging a bit early on Ranked Warzones. Our intent was to release Season One shortly thereafter Preseason began. When our development made the shift to Free-to-Play, our priorities shifted as well which included the delay of Ranked Warzones.

This is why we are being cautious about releasing information on Ranked Warzones until things are a bit more locked down. We don't want to burn you guys a second time until our information is more concrete! Especially knowing that Ranked Warzones is a sensitive topic.

I can reassure you that we are in development on Ranked Warzones and as soon as we have information to share, you will have it!

-eric

This degree of frankness is very refreshing. I might suggest that releasing a few details about where you stand in the development process on the future of ranked warzones would be a great way to test the new pact you have with the players. You know, the one where you give us updates that are somewhat fuzzy and subject to change, and we don't freak out when things get pushed back. :rak_03:

• Dev Post
How many time have you been asked if your middle name is Red, or what your favourite cocktail is?

Hi Claprica,

Before I respond to your question, let me say that I like the allusion in yours! o/''\o

There are so very many "2/3rds of a stoplight jokes" out there regarding my name. >.< I actually remember the first time a "red" comment was made to me: one of my friends in the second grade told me that their mom asked if I had red hair. I was confused, and then she told me I'd be a stoplight.

One of QA guys in the office calls me "Colors", too. I happen to like it.

Edited by EricMusco

I'd expect Season 1 to be worked on right after longer standind requests like chat bubbles, sitting on all chairs, and other long-promised basic features before that, though.

Yeah, we all know PVPers and PVEers usually cry the loudest, but socializers and roleplayers have had to take a back seat and waited patiently for way too long. It's time they get some love.

I have no issues with something like the above getting some much deserved attention, as I do understand there are several aspects of gameplay that synergize with this game. I know this has been a hot topic for quite some time, and would be fine if the Development team got to work on it. I won't debate timetables compared to other gameplay aspects, but I do agree this is something that is needed IG for your aspect that has been a popular request. Hopefully everyones aspect gets the attention it needs soon. ;)

Hi Claprica,

Before I respond to your question, let me say that I like the allusion in yours! o/''\o

There are so very many "2/3rds of a stoplight jokes" out there regarding my name. >.< I actually remember the first time a "red" comment was made to me: one of my friends in the second grade told me that their mom asked if I had red hair. I was confused, and then she told me I'd be a stoplight.

One of QA guys in the office calls me "Colors", too. I happen to like it.

Wow dude... You really need to wait for the rest of your team before you reply to 1 message that's directed at you. It's pretty much a slap in the face to everyone else. The way I see this comment is... 'We are going to ignore people who are complaining about their problems with the game' so you just go and answer the joke question that means nothing. What if Claprica also asked 'what is happening with the APAC servers?' Would you just ignore his post completely?

Wow dude... You really need to wait for the rest of your team before you reply to 1 message that's directed at you. It's pretty much a slap in the face to everyone else. The way I see this comment is... 'We are going to ignore people who are complaining about their problems with the game' so you just go and answer the joke question that means nothing. What if Claprica also asked 'what is happening with the APAC servers?' Would you just ignore his post completely?

Here.

Seen as the devs seem to be very keen to answer questions posted in this thread I thought I would add an important one (to me anyway).

I would like to ask for more information on what is happening with the APAC server populations? All we get is that you are 'aware' of it. We would really appreciate a more open discussion on the subject. What options are you considering, what are the draw backs as you see them, what kind of time frame are we looking at for a solution?

All we want is to be kept in the loop.

Any chance of a response to my question?

• Dev Post

Hey Obirayy,

As a note, Amber meant no offense by her post so please do not take it that way. One of my goals with the community team is to have us be more human and less robotic to all of you. Sometimes, that means that we are going to make posts that aren't 100% serious and are even going to try to joke around with the community. This is something I honestly thought the community would want from us, maybe I was mistaken.

Since last week when our transitions happened we have made a very distinct effort to respond to almost all of the current, major pending issues in the community. In some cases, I know those answers haven't always been exactly what people are looking for (like APAC) but at the least we could reconfirm that we know there is an issue and are trying to resolve it. I would even ask that you take a look at the dev tracker to see things we have responded to over the past week, we have covered quite a bit :)

So again, apologies if you felt her post was offensive or a "slap in the face", our intent is to be actual people to all of you. Not just robots who post in yellow.

I also implore that if you know of a major issue, something that we haven't addressed in some way, that you bring it to our attention. You can even PM me about it, we aren't trying to ignore anyone.

-eric

As a note, Amber meant no offense by her post so please do not take it that way. One of my goals with the community team is to have us be more human and less robotic to all of you. Sometimes, that means that we are going to make posts that aren't 100% serious and are even going to try to joke around with the community. This is something I honestly thought the community would want from us, maybe I was mistaken.

You are not mistaken, but there will always be that type of person who thinks any communication not on an issue they directly care about is a waste of space. Those people are wrong, and should be told so, often and clearly.

I'm loving the increased personal interaction and the touching base on questions.

Hey Obirayy,

Since last week when our transitions happened we have made a very distinct effort to respond to almost all of the current, major pending issues in the community. In some cases, I know those answers haven't always been exactly what people are looking for (like APAC) but at the least we could reconfirm that we know there is an issue and are trying to resolve it. I would even ask that you take a look at the dev tracker to see things we have responded to over the past week, we have covered quite a bit :)

So again, apologies if you felt her post was offensive or a "slap in the face", our intent is to be actual people to all of you. Not just robots who post in yellow.

I also implore that if you know of a major issue, something that we haven't addressed in some way, that you bring it to our attention. You can even PM me about it, we aren't trying to ignore anyone.

-eric

In short, Eric meant this.

I have altered the sandwich. Pray I do not alter it any further.

:D

you are not mistaken, but there will always be that type of person who thinks any communication not on an issue they directly care about is a waste of space. Those people are wrong, and should be told so, often and clearly.

I'm loving the increased personal interaction and the touching base on questions.

qft. ;)

You are not mistaken, but there will always be that type of person who thinks any communication not on an issue they directly care about is a waste of space. Those people are wrong, and should be told so, often and clearly.

*Seconded. I am very glad to have more communication, as is most of the community. But, there are sadly, a few who will still complain about anything, regardless.

Hey Obirayy,

-eric

The recent changes to communication have been much appreciated by me, and I'm sure a vast amount of others. I'd hate to see things go back to the way they were just because of a few self-important posters.

I'm not really sure what this community's obsession with "slaps to the face" is all about. Everything that's said or happens is apparently a "slap to the face" to someone (or in their mind, everyone). I guess some people just can't look beyond themselves, to realize that not everything has to revolve around them or cater to their every want. And so they consider anything that doesn't cater to them is a direct insult to them.

For all of these "slaps to the face" that are talked about, I have yet to hear about a BioWare employee entering a player's house and physically slapping them in the face. That I'd want to hear about.

Beat me to it. :)

I love seeing that you guys (the CM team) are, you know, fans of the game, whether it's commiserating about PVP, popping up in the fanfiction area, or enthusing about speeders. Thanks for coming out to play. :D

On the more serious side of things, the uptick in communication about big issues is really appreciated, and I hope it continues to 2.0 and beyond.

Bro, grow a thicker skin and some patience. The communication we've seen has been outstanding since Eric has taken over. They're more present, more open, more honest, more friendly, and giving more and better (and more forward-looking) information than they ever have before.

Don't be the cranky apple that forces EA management to stuff them back into their cages!

Edited by DarthTHC

This.

Very much this.

Don't let a few whining idiots ruin it for the rest of us.

• Dev Post
Any chance of a response to my question?

As you guys are aware we are exploring a host of different options. Many of those options from the thread we created previously asking for everyone's input. (and thank you for that, that feedback has been extremely helpful to us)

Although I don't have details for you yet, I want to assure you that we are talking about the APAC servers on a daily basis. As soon as we have those details nailed down and ready to go, you will have them.

I know this is a "more of the same" kind of post but it is the truth. We are very actively working on confirming up the details and I will tell you about them the second that I can.

-eric

Wow dude need a hug from this guy ?